No Jeep Wave?!?!?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > No Jeep Wave?!?!?!

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-27-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
70sElvis
1991 YJ Wrangler 

No Jeep Wave?!?!?!

I used to ride a motorcycle and everyone knew about the motorcycle wave. I never had a problem with getting a wave from anyone. I heard about a jeep wave but I will be dang if I have had any luck getting anyone to wave back to me. Do I stink or is there not really a jeep wave?

70sElvis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
RoverJeep90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Oh, there is a Jeep wave. In fact, the Jeep wave has a code of conduct website, with a point system and hierarchy. While it's fun to read, why not just wave to everyone? Just keep waving. They'll figure it out.
Sony CDX-GT300 | Kicker ZX500.1 | Kicker ZX350.4 | Kicker ZX200.2 | Kicker L5 Solobaric Sub | Kicker 6x9's | Apline 6.5's | Boston 4x6's
Truckstop CB Antenna | Class 3 Hitch
RoverJeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:12 AM   #4
dexetr30
2002 TJ Wrangler 

There is indeed a Jeep wave. Here's what I have found.

Some people will not wave if they are driving a modified Jeep and you are driving a stocker. We're all supposed to be a family but these guys want no part of it. My opinion... they should have bought a Hummer.

Soccer moms who just don't get it. They bought the Jeep because "it's cute."

Many of the people that don't wave in my area are new owners that just purchased a JK. They have no idea. They bought the 4 door version because it will seat the kids much like their minivans.

You'll get a wave and when you do it will make all the unanswered waved worth it.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Flex-A-Lite electric fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, Rubi susp, 3/4" Daystar BB.
dexetr30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
70sElvis
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I was hoping it was not going to be like that with jeeps. I had a Vulcan and you had problems geting waves from Harley riders and crotch rocket rides. Guess we can never ALL JUST GET ALONG! Ha!
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:14 AM   #6
dexetr30
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler

NOT THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, it's a newbie problem.

When I bought my first Jeep in 2000 the owner of the dealership made a point to remind me about the Jeep wave. I think all Jeep dealerships should be required to do that.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Flex-A-Lite electric fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, Rubi susp, 3/4" Daystar BB.
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:18 AM   #7
70sElvis
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Not really too much of a newbie. Just got fed up because I waved at 3 jeeps coming into work this morning and drew a big FAT 0 on returns.
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #8
dexetr30
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Lol, 3's not a big #. Keep trying. Most people don't have enough coffee in them on the a.m. commute.
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #9
DeclarationDay
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was aware of the Jeep wave before I bought mine, but didn't start doing it until I got a few waves first. Now I do it all the time, and usually get one back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexetr30
There is indeed a Jeep wave. Here's what I have found.

Some people will not wave if they are driving a modified Jeep and you are driving a stocker.
Wave or don't, it's your prerogative, but IMO anyone who wouldn't do it for the above quoted reason needs to grow up.
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:02 AM   #10
dexetr30
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclarationDay
I was aware of the Jeep wave before I bought mine, but didn't start doing it until I got a few waves first. Now I do it all the time, and usually get one back.

Wave or don't, it's your prerogative, but IMO anyone who wouldn't do it for the above quoted reason needs to grow up.
I agree. There are a few guys in my area running huge lift and tires that refuse to wave no matter what. I've seen them wave to one another but when I come rolling by them it's all over. I don't have a lot of lift but I run a lot of the same trails as these guys with no problems. It's a lack of respect. Hell, one guy in particular never goes anywhere near a trail and still refuses to wave. I just don't get it.
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:13 AM   #11
dzrtrider
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This wasn't something i was aware of before we bought our jeep, but my wife figured it out within the first couple of days driving it. she kept coming home and telling me everytime she passes another jeep they wave at her.
dzrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #12
dexetr30
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtrider
This wasn't something i was aware of before we bought our jeep, but my wife figured it out within the first couple of days driving it. she kept coming home and telling me everytime she passes another jeep they wave at her.
Gotta wave back.
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #13
YJ Rider
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I told my wife she is not allowed to drive the Jeep unless she waves. This is a code I will not be breaking.
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #14
bhartwell59
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i have to admit i'm guilty in not waving back sometimes.

if the rig has a lift, 33"+ tires, cb or even a jambo rack they get a wave. because i know that's a fellow jeep nut.

bone stock ones... probably not
4.2 '87 yj, 300,000+ miles, mopar mpi, 33" bfg mud KM2, skyjacker 4", 3.73 gears, arb lockers-f and r., tom wood's 2.07 sye conversion, tom wood's hd driveshaft, magnaflow cat/custom exhaust, 4wd rear bumper/swing-out tire carrier
bhartwell59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:55 AM   #15
newYJfan
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartwell59
bone stock ones... probably not
... Aww, maybe they're just slower off the starting line, and it's taking longer than expected to budget in the parts that they want... (*cough*me*cough*)

As for the JK subject, I will see them coming at me and wonder.. "Is it really worth my effort?". I wave anyway, and 98% of the time receive nothing but a confused look.

All-in-all... I will always wave. Even my girlfriend loves the Jeep Wave. I wave, the other Jeeper waves... I look over and she's got a gitty smile thing going on.
-- "newYJfan"... whoops, didn't think about a good username
newYJfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.