No help in 'Forum Help" forum, will try here - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > No help in 'Forum Help" forum, will try here

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

No help in 'Forum Help" forum, will try here

After a yr on this site, I find I have no clue how to use any bookmark, search save, or other handy methods to make the time here more productive. How can I:

1) Mark a thread as one I want to watch even if I don't post to it?

1a) How do I show only the watched threads?

2) Can I save a search routine for later use (bookmarking the search results URL doesn't work)?

3) Is there an easier way to list threads I have posted too without typing in my name into the search screen every time?

Unread 02-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

1) From "Thread Tools" click "Subscribe to this Thread". Then from "Quick Links" click on "Subscribed Threads"
Unread 02-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

3) Click on your name, then "View Public Profile", then click on "View all Threads posted by ..."
Unread 02-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
3) Click on your name, then "View Public Profile", then click on "View all Threads posted by ..."
Two questions on this procedure: Where is your username clickable when you are in the main forum list of the site? I don't see a 'show all threads by this user' link, only 'show threads started by..' and 'show posts'.
Unread 02-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #5
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
1) From "Thread Tools" click "Subscribe to this Thread". Then from "Quick Links" click on "Subscribed Threads"

Hasn't been working for some of us........

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/instant-e-mail-notification-229399/
Unread 02-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #6
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon
Two questions on this procedure: Where is your username clickable when you are in the main forum list of the site? I don't see a 'show all threads by this user' link, only 'show threads started by..' and 'show posts'.
Your username will always be in the Who's Online box waaaaay at the bottom of the main forum page. Your name will be listed first, followed by everyone else in alphapetical order. You can click on your name there to get to your profile, and save the link there. It will never change, so you can bookmark it.

THen, click on 'Find all posts by JeeperDon' to see every post you ahve made, or 'Find all threads started by JeeperDon' to see only the threads you have started.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 05:28 AM   #7
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakuda
THen, click on 'Find all posts by JeeperDon' to see every post you ahve made, or 'Find all threads started by JeeperDon' to see only the threads you have started.
Neither of these is what I do daily. I do a search for 'threads with posts by..'. I want a thread list, not the actual posts. It looks like it's not possible. Now, if you could save a search screen's request nfo, that would work for a lot of nice things.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.