The no-cell club - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > The no-cell club

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Reply
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #46
Muddeprived
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wexford, PA
Posts: 5,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedawgshow View Post
and because of your ingenuity, you were able to drive your vehicle to work. Most people would have called on their phone and had a wrecker come get their car, a friend come get them and still be late for work!!! Hats off to you!!!
I almost had to walk the 6 miles back but I was able to use the hose adapter, or what was left of it, to make another one by shaving off the stop risers on the side that cracked and broke which allowed the hose to slide on far enough for a clamp. And of course the gas station was nearby. If not for these two lucks then I would've walked and probably enjoyed it since it beats working.

__________________
2001 XJ Sport 4.5" RC LA
Custom snorkel
Detours/winch
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #47
Thedawgshow
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsboro, Indiana
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddeprived View Post
I almost had to walk the 6 miles back but I was able to use the hose adapter, or what was left of it, to make another one by shaving off the stop risers on the side that cracked and broke which allowed the hose to slide on far enough for a clamp. And of course the gas station was nearby. If not for these two lucks then I would've walked and probably enjoyed it since it beats working.
__________________
DAWG

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #48
blake989
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: central arkansas
Posts: 928
you guys without phones must all be married, or very good at sending smoke signals, otherwise getting laid in this day and age pretty much begins with the capability to send a text message
__________________
The YJ is no longer my DD. I have sacrificed all future retirement plans for jeep parts. I'm depending on social security!
blake989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #49
freeskier93
Web Wheeler
 
freeskier93's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Posts: 6,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake989 View Post
you guys without phones must all be married, or very good at sending smoke signals, otherwise getting laid in this day and age pretty much begins with the capability to send a text message
Unless you can find someone just as big of a luddite, yeah, you're pretty much screwed.
__________________
Build Thread
My life in 2010: Chronicles of painting my Jeep
Axle Re Gear and Swap

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #50
Thedawgshow
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsboro, Indiana
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake989 View Post
you guys without phones must all be married, or very good at sending smoke signals, otherwise getting laid in this day and age pretty much begins with the capability to send a text message
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Unless you can find someone just as big of a luddite, yeah, you're pretty much screwed.
I am married, but since sing in a lot of Honky Tonk bars with my band, I have never really had a problem with this.
__________________
DAWG

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #51
marcall
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 544
Making a thread on the internet (modern technology which we don't necessarily NEED) about not having or wanting a cell/smart phone ( more modern technology) is kinda like throwing rocks from inside a glass house.

You have a phone at home and you have the internet. It is anchored at home. With a cell/smart phone you have a phone and the internet that is not anchored, you can increase your freedom. It's no different than any other tech of the past ( the auto, gun powder, electric coffee machine, matches verses carrying hot coals, etc, etc.).......it's about making life more convenient, embracing change and looking forward. Without looking forward there is stagnation.....stagnation = death and looking forward = progress and life.

As mentioned previously with a cell you can be reached (you can also choose to ignore it), it can make things easier, save you gasoline ( mobile check deposit), etc.



Hope that helps.
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #52
vindicated
Did you miss me?
 
vindicated's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcall View Post
Making a thread on the internet (modern technology which we don't necessarily NEED) about not having or wanting a cell/smart phone ( more modern technology) is kinda like throwing rocks from inside a glass house.

You have a phone at home and you have the internet. It is anchored at home. With a cell/smart phone you have a phone and the internet that is not anchored, you can increase your freedom. It's no different than any other tech of the past ( the auto, gun powder, electric coffee machine, matches verses carrying hot coals, etc, etc.).......it's about making life more convenient, embracing change and looking forward. Without looking forward there is stagnation.....stagnation = death and looking forward = progress and life.

As mentioned previously with a cell you can be reached (you can also choose to ignore it), it can make things easier, save you gasoline ( mobile check deposit), etc.



Hope that helps.
I agree with all of this except "you can be reached and choose to ignore it." I know my wife's phone is charged and turned on. And when she's out till 3am and doesn't answer I'm all like "*****, where you be at?!?" Then I get all jealous and start breaking things like antique china her mom gave her.

Sometimes, cellular telephones can cause more grief than good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard
Vin's so hard core, he drinks the whole jug of STFU and then has a three hour conversation about it.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #53
schvilktus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: colorado
Posts: 83
No phone?! What do you guys do while pooping?!
__________________
It seems a lot of people call me a fart smeller...but we all know they really mean "smart feller."

1986 CJ-7 Laredo. 4" Superlift, 33x12.50s, one piece axles, T-5, D300, AMC 20, Jasper stage-1 258 I-6, Howell TBI, DUI ignition, Luk ProGold Performance clutch, Red w/ black hard top, one sexy cornfed boy behind the wheel.
schvilktus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #54
Madden_07
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lawrenceburg, IN
Posts: 21
I have one because the job I'm in essentially requires one (I'm a real estate agent) but my kids will not get one until they are in high school and even then I refuse to buy them smart phones. All they need to be able to do is call/text us in case of emergencies.
__________________
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
-Dr. Emmett Brown
Madden_07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #55
Thedawgshow
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsboro, Indiana
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
I agree with all of this except "you can be reached and choose to ignore it." I know my wife's phone is charged and turned on. And when she's out till 3am and doesn't answer I'm all like "*****, where you be at?!?" Then I get all jealous and start breaking things like antique china her mom gave her.

Sometimes, cellular telephones can cause more grief than good.
True dat!!!
__________________
DAWG

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #56
Thedawgshow
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsboro, Indiana
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by schvilktus View Post
No phone?! What do you guys do while pooping?!
When I was growing up, I was taught that was what the sports page was for.
__________________
DAWG

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #57
Jim1611
Web Wheeler
 
Jim1611's Avatar
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by schvilktus View Post
No phone?! What do you guys do while pooping?!
Man that's the best time to read!
__________________
www.crabtreetool.com (Crabtree Shackle Hangers)

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #58
schvilktus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: colorado
Posts: 83
I play LOTS of phone games while the concentrated evil exits me.
__________________
It seems a lot of people call me a fart smeller...but we all know they really mean "smart feller."

1986 CJ-7 Laredo. 4" Superlift, 33x12.50s, one piece axles, T-5, D300, AMC 20, Jasper stage-1 258 I-6, Howell TBI, DUI ignition, Luk ProGold Performance clutch, Red w/ black hard top, one sexy cornfed boy behind the wheel.
schvilktus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #59
festerw
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post

Man that's the best time to read!
I read books on my phone because I read fast and it'll hold a lot of books.
__________________
Hers - 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7 4x4
Mine - 2003 Jeep Wrangler X
festerw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 06:14 AM   #60
Muddeprived
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wexford, PA
Posts: 5,187
I was driving to work last night and saw a young dude driving a SUV on the left lane while texting. He had his phone on the steering wheel and was drifting to the left. I beeped and he freaked out then put down the damn phone. I probably saved his life plus others.

Idiots!!!!!
__________________
2001 XJ Sport 4.5" RC LA
Custom snorkel
Detours/winch
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.