The no-cell club - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > The no-cell club

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 08-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #46
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedawgshow View Post
and because of your ingenuity, you were able to drive your vehicle to work. Most people would have called on their phone and had a wrecker come get their car, a friend come get them and still be late for work!!! Hats off to you!!!
I almost had to walk the 6 miles back but I was able to use the hose adapter, or what was left of it, to make another one by shaving off the stop risers on the side that cracked and broke which allowed the hose to slide on far enough for a clamp. And of course the gas station was nearby. If not for these two lucks then I would've walked and probably enjoyed it since it beats working.

Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #47
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddeprived View Post
I almost had to walk the 6 miles back but I was able to use the hose adapter, or what was left of it, to make another one by shaving off the stop risers on the side that cracked and broke which allowed the hose to slide on far enough for a clamp. And of course the gas station was nearby. If not for these two lucks then I would've walked and probably enjoyed it since it beats working.

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #48
blake989
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you guys without phones must all be married, or very good at sending smoke signals, otherwise getting laid in this day and age pretty much begins with the capability to send a text message
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #49
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake989 View Post
you guys without phones must all be married, or very good at sending smoke signals, otherwise getting laid in this day and age pretty much begins with the capability to send a text message
Unless you can find someone just as big of a luddite, yeah, you're pretty much screwed.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #50
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake989 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Unless you can find someone just as big of a luddite, yeah, you're pretty much screwed.
I am married, but since sing in a lot of Honky Tonk bars with my band, I have never really had a problem with this.

Unread 08-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #51
marcall
2004 WJ 

Making a thread on the internet (modern technology which we don't necessarily NEED) about not having or wanting a cell/smart phone ( more modern technology) is kinda like throwing rocks from inside a glass house.

You have a phone at home and you have the internet. It is anchored at home. With a cell/smart phone you have a phone and the internet that is not anchored, you can increase your freedom. It's no different than any other tech of the past ( the auto, gun powder, electric coffee machine, matches verses carrying hot coals, etc, etc.).......it's about making life more convenient, embracing change and looking forward. Without looking forward there is stagnation.....stagnation = death and looking forward = progress and life.

As mentioned previously with a cell you can be reached (you can also choose to ignore it), it can make things easier, save you gasoline ( mobile check deposit), etc.

Hope that helps.
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #52
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcall View Post
Making a thread on the internet (modern technology which we don't necessarily NEED) about not having or wanting a cell/smart phone ( more modern technology) is kinda like throwing rocks from inside a glass house.

You have a phone at home and you have the internet. It is anchored at home. With a cell/smart phone you have a phone and the internet that is not anchored, you can increase your freedom. It's no different than any other tech of the past ( the auto, gun powder, electric coffee machine, matches verses carrying hot coals, etc, etc.).......it's about making life more convenient, embracing change and looking forward. Without looking forward there is stagnation.....stagnation = death and looking forward = progress and life.

As mentioned previously with a cell you can be reached (you can also choose to ignore it), it can make things easier, save you gasoline ( mobile check deposit), etc.

Hope that helps.
I agree with all of this except "you can be reached and choose to ignore it." I know my wife's phone is charged and turned on. And when she's out till 3am and doesn't answer I'm all like "*****, where you be at?!?" Then I get all jealous and start breaking things like antique china her mom gave her.

Sometimes, cellular telephones can cause more grief than good.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #53
schvilktus

No phone?! What do you guys do while pooping?!

1986 CJ-7 Laredo. 4" Superlift, 33x12.50s, one piece axles, T-5, D300, AMC 20, Jasper stage-1 258 I-6, Howell TBI, DUI ignition, Luk ProGold Performance clutch, Red w/ black hard top, one sexy cornfed boy behind the wheel.
schvilktus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #54
Madden_07
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have one because the job I'm in essentially requires one (I'm a real estate agent) but my kids will not get one until they are in high school and even then I refuse to buy them smart phones. All they need to be able to do is call/text us in case of emergencies.
Unread 08-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #55
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
I agree with all of this except "you can be reached and choose to ignore it." I know my wife's phone is charged and turned on. And when she's out till 3am and doesn't answer I'm all like "*****, where you be at?!?" Then I get all jealous and start breaking things like antique china her mom gave her.

Sometimes, cellular telephones can cause more grief than good.
True dat!!!

Unread 08-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #56
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvilktus View Post
When I was growing up, I was taught that was what the sports page was for.

Unread 08-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #57
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvilktus View Post
Man that's the best time to read!

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #58
schvilktus

I play LOTS of phone games while the concentrated evil exits me.

1986 CJ-7 Laredo. 4" Superlift, 33x12.50s, one piece axles, T-5, D300, AMC 20, Jasper stage-1 258 I-6, Howell TBI, DUI ignition, Luk ProGold Performance clutch, Red w/ black hard top, one sexy cornfed boy behind the wheel.
schvilktus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #59
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post

Man that's the best time to read!
I read books on my phone because I read fast and it'll hold a lot of books.
Unread 08-19-2014, 06:14 AM   #60
Muddeprived

I was driving to work last night and saw a young dude driving a SUV on the left lane while texting. He had his phone on the steering wheel and was drifting to the left. I beeped and he freaked out then put down the damn phone. I probably saved his life plus others.

Idiots!!!!!
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.