NJ Lemon Law Vehicles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > NJ Lemon Law Vehicles

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

NJ Lemon Law Vehicles

http://www.nj.gov/lps/ca/ocp/lemrepo...m_medium=email

This site lists all of the vehicles that have been returned to the Manufactures under the Lemon Law in New Jersey. If a motor vehicle was returned to the manufacturer under the provisions of the New Jersey Lemon Law or similar statute of another state or as a result of a legal action or an informal dispute settlement procedure it should be listed. The list goes back 12 model years.

Interesting how many Jeeps are listed.

Just shared for your reading pleasure !

Dan - NJ

Only includes vehicles bought - sold or returned in New Jersey ( added by edit function)

Last edited by djm; 11-10-2013 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: add that includes NJ vehicles only
djm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
inspmark
2011 JK Wrangler 

Looks like pretty good odds, compared to numbers sold. Compare Jeep to BMW, Mercedes, or Subaru. Looks like we stacked up pretty good.
inspmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Moral of Story: Don't buy a Jeep in NJ.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Oh I agree - I love my Jeep ! I didn't share it to criticize Jeep at all. I did notice that there are 33 2013 Ford Escapes on the list. Would be interesting to know what the problem is with them ?

This was just a sharing post - not a complaint at all !
Unread 11-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
Dngrs1
1979 CJ7 

What makes a car a "lemon" in NJ? I see 2 Ferrari's but no H1 Hummers.
Unread 11-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Simple answer - dealer and then manufacturer have to be unable to, or just failed to, repair something after three attempts. After 2 attempts the vehicle owner has to notify the manufacturer in writing of the issue and give the manufacturer one opportunity to correct the problem.

No lawyer is required in NJ - for a $50.00 non refundable filing fee the NJ Dept of Community Affairs or one of their sub sections or divisions - will review the complaint and if it is a valid complaint the State represents the consumer at no additional charge.
Unread 11-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
06philaTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not a single TJ or LJ on that list!

I'm not going to knock the JK though as I bet alot of the JK's were lemon-lawed due to something stupid like soft/hard top leaks, which is common for any year Wrangler. The JK sales far exceed that of the TJ/LJ as well since it appears to a broader market and that broader market includes a lot of people not prepared for the quirks of a Wrangler.

I was surprised that Subaru isn't looking too hot on that list, especially since they are a company that constantly promotes long-term ownership/reliability in their advertisements.
06philaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Funny, I searched the vin on one of the Ferrari's & got a hit for "Straight Line Automotive Group"
Nice they're selling a "Lemon" for $140k! http://www.straightlineautomotivegro...hotos/1213324/
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Isn't everything in NJ a lemon (not limiting the list to motored vehicles)?
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
70s J10 with J20 axles - yard art too
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Interesting - when I went to their web site it says they have no vehicles available. Were you able to do the vehicle check thing ? Would be interesting to know if it showed up on a car fax report.

Chrysler - Jeep uses a company in Texas, www.impartialservices.com, to do all of their negotiation and processing of returned Jeeps once a field rep makes the decision to take the Jeep back. One of the services they offer is "data cleansing" which makes me wonder if it is easy to get a branded title cleaned in Texas.

I just posted the information - thought it was interesting - comes from the NJ lemon law web site.
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #11
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

A friend of mine sent his sahara back as a lemon. They kept trying to get the three piece top to stop leaking.
Personally I didn't think it was a big deal but his wife just wouldn't accept a wet Jeep
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.