Nissan Xterra - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Nissan Xterra

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #16
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Post 18 and 19

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/l...triots-790881/

ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #17
DirtyViking
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah...it's definitely not staying stock, that's for sure. I was under the impression that the Patriot wasn't very offroad capable...?
[QUOTE=Rob99]You can't post a thread in GD and expect only responses that you like. People have opinions. If you don't want to hear opinions, go have a conversation with yourself in the mirror.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]After allegedly failing a sobriety test, Donald Duck was taken into custody.[/QUOTE]
[CENTER][I][B][SIZE="4"]Do evil every day. You may not change the world, but you'll have fun.[/SIZE][/B][/I][/CENTER]

Halmotors on the PS3 network
DirtyViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
DirtyViking
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
for me the xterra and fj fall into the exploration rigs like doing the mountain passes in Colorado and easy to medium trails.
That's exactly what I want to do with it. You hit the nail right on the head. Good description.
[QUOTE=Rob99]You can't post a thread in GD and expect only responses that you like. People have opinions. If you don't want to hear opinions, go have a conversation with yourself in the mirror.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]After allegedly failing a sobriety test, Donald Duck was taken into custody.[/QUOTE]
[CENTER][I][B][SIZE="4"]Do evil every day. You may not change the world, but you'll have fun.[/SIZE][/B][/I][/CENTER]

Unread 06-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #19
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyViking View Post
Yeah...it's definitely not staying stock, that's for sure. I was under the impression that the Patriot wasn't very offroad capable...?
sure it is with the max tire size of "29. awesome rock crawler
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #20
DirtyViking
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I like how the two posts he refers to are of a one-off SEMA Patriot.

Unread 06-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyViking View Post
That's exactly what I want to do with it. You hit the nail right on the head. Good description.
i had a 2004 xterra, probally one of the best vehicle i have owned, and it did get me into the offroading scene, granted i wasnt doing the things i am now with the jeep but offroading is not all about climbing 4ft rocks. to me its about getting out there to see nature and things you normally wouldnt see. the xterra allowed me to go out and see parts of my area that i never new exsisted. i ended up trading it for a 2007 Fj cruiser which i lifted and put 33s on there which i use in colorado for many of the passes.
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #22
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I would get a newer Xtera and throw a 3" body lift for cheap. Its SO sunk down on the frame, it wont look bad and you will pick up approach and departure angles and be able to fit decent sized tires.
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #23
DirtyViking
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Who makes a decent lift for them, that isn't going to cost me three arms, a leg and my firstborn son?

Unread 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #24
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

No one if I remember right.

Which is why I suggested body lift.
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #25
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

05+ Xterra Lift Options - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #26
CostcoPizza
Fresh Baked

1998 ZJ 

Expedition Portal: Vehicle-Dependent Overland Expedition Community
CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #27
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I've seen an Xterra with a 3" BL. Trust me, it DOES look bad.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #28
ArrizX
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Must not have been the kit I looked at that provided gap guards and it raised the bumpers witht he body.... it looked stock but taller!!
Unread 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #29
DirtyViking
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Excellent link.

Unread 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #30
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Must not have been the kit I looked at that provided gap guards and it raised the bumpers witht he body.... it looked stock but taller!!
Ah, the one I saw definitely did NOT have gap guards. Thing was fuggglllyy.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.