nissan guys help us out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > nissan guys help us out

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 01-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
98zjdave
1998 ZJ 

nissan guys help us out

My buddys daughter recently wrecked her 1996 240sx. It was a great conditioned car, almost mint before the wreck. Only thing that was previously done was the front bumper was painted through nissan again. But the car has 90,000 miles on it, aftermarket rims/tires, stock rims, aftermarket cd player, original motor, 5speed, perfect interior, and runs great. What should we ask for it. He was thinking around 2,500 or best offer for it. Heres a few pics, help me out so I can help him sell this thing!

98zjdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
RebuildRookie
1988 YJ Wrangler 

It has that much $$$ in damage. Is it going to get fixed before sale or as is? I am asuming as is, he might as well try to sell it for that and see what kind of fish bite.
And you keep the terrorists in check before you get your *** blowed off.[/B][/FONT]
RebuildRookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Although not as popular with drift-guys as the S14, that car is an S15 and a 5spd... perhaps you could get on some drifting/autocross forums and put feelers out?
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
98zjdave
1998 ZJ 

Yeah for sale as is. If a regular garage monkey got a hold of it and tried to fix it it wouldnt take much. A shop was gonna charge him around 3k to fix it. So pretty much its a mechanics special. I know a few buddys who could get it done for under 1k if they did it. What are cars like this worth anyways in good condition?
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
98zjdave
1998 ZJ 

Basically what should I tell my buddy whos trying to sell it? He doesnt know what to ask, and for once neither do I. I dont have much experience with the nissans. Is $2500 or best offer way to high? Should I tell him lower it to $2k?
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Go here and put in whatever details you know... this is for General Retail price.... not sure if it will be close, but its better to be in the ballpark than be clueless... right?

Kelley Blue Book - Select Equipment - Nissan, 240SX - Kelley Blue Book
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
christine1003
1999 WJ 

I love those cars! the only one i found around here that didn't have a motor swap was this one....http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1562283526.html

So i guess not wrecked is 8k???? The other ones i found with swaps also were 8k but had more miles and many things wrong with them. Just maybe to give you an idea
Unread 01-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

With standard features the retail value was $6100 in good condition... If the shop was going to charge $3k to fix it, and good contitioned cars DO go around $8, then I'd put about $4k OBO and see what happens... better to have to lower teh price than get screwed out of a couple grand...

Shoot, around here $2k would get you into a decent project Jeep.
Unread 01-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
98zjdave
1998 ZJ 

Wow cool thanks guys. Appreciate all the help!
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
courtesybullet
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRad704 View Post
Although not as popular with drift-guys as the S14, that car is an S15 and a 5spd... perhaps you could get on some drifting/autocross forums and put feelers out?
That is in fact an s14, as s15s are not available in the US. The reason that 240sx in washington is 8k is because it is the last year the 240sx was available in the US, it had an updated front fascia, and the Nissan JDM drift fan boi types go nuts over them. While s14s are considerably rarer compared to their s13 counterparts, and even more rare that it is a factory original 5 speed, that car is not worth anywhere near 4k. In the shape it was before the girl had her way with it maybe, but not now. I would say somewhere in your original ballpark of 2-2.5k tops is more accurate.
courtesybullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:30 AM   #11
98zjdave
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtesybullet View Post
That is in fact an s14, as s15s are not available in the US. The reason that 240sx in washington is 8k is because it is the last year the 240sx was available in the US, it had an updated front fascia, and the Nissan JDM drift fan boi types go nuts over them. While s14s are considerably rarer compared to their s13 counterparts, and even more rare that it is a factory original 5 speed, that car is not worth anywhere near 4k. In the shape it was before the girl had her way with it maybe, but not now. I would say somewhere in your original ballpark of 2-2.5k tops is more accurate.
Wow thanks alot for that reply! Yeah I decided to keep the 2k-2.5k sale price. I talked to my buddy and he is happy with being in that ballpark area. I appreciate all the replies guys because I feel better about telling my buddy stuff if I can back it up with with solid info. Just trying to help a dude out ya know
Unread 01-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
98zjdave
1998 ZJ 

By the way I ended up selling it and we made $2300. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.