Niceville Walmart - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Niceville Walmart

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
850Jeeper

Niceville Walmart

Hey Jeepers, I'm new to the forums and I'm glad to be a new member. My friends and I are having a little get together tonight at the Walmart in Niceville Florida. Come on down! -Hunter ..............Ends at 10:30pm

850Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the boards.
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

I can't use the Walmart near me; it's Punjabi, Hindi, or Spanish only and I don't speak any of those languages. There was one time I heard what resembled English from one cashier and that was my last visit.

Walmart makes my blood pressure boil.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
I can't use the Walmart near me; it's Punjabi, Hindi, or Spanish only and I don't speak any of those languages. There was one time I heard what resembled English from one cashier and that was my last visit.

I've been to that Walmart. It was refreshingly devoid of white trash.
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:33 AM   #5
whorunit1475

A fellow jeeper from niceville??
whorunit1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo

That sounds refreshing, most walmarts I've been to are chuck full of redneck filth.
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:52 AM   #7
CaptD

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Because diversity is a scary thing.
Unread 09-06-2013, 05:05 AM   #8
greenmachine99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptD

Actually I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship.
greenmachine99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #9
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptD

Spare me your sensitivity lesson; I happen to live in one of the most diverse areas in the world - the Bay Area. When there are no Americans in an American establishment, then you step into the opposite end of the spectrum. It's like going to parts of France and no longer seeing any Frenchmen or going to Germany and visiting a town that's only Turkish. I know it makes you feel better to stick to a PC line of thought and be socially accepted, so no worries.

Your concept of diversity is the exact type of dangerous thinking that results in flooding our nation with Work Visa recipients from 3rd World nations, instead of training Americans.
Unread 09-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #10
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo

Diversity is where I live - the Bay Area; it's very diverse here. When there are no Americans in an American establishment, then you step into the opposite end of the spectrum. It's like going to parts of France and no longer seeing any Frenchmen or going to Germany and visiting a town that's only Turkish. I know it makes you feel better to stick to a PC line of thought and be socially accepted, so no worries.

Your concept of diversity is the exact type of dangerous thinking that results in flooding our nation with Work Visa recipients from 3rd World nations, instead of training Americans.
Aren't you an immigrant?
Unread 09-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #11
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4

Aren't you an immigrant?
I'm a US citizen, but what does immigration have to do with this? Did I write anything against immigrants? No, I wrote aout the languages spoken in my local Walmart. I don't believe that I'm asking too much to go into a Walmart on US soil and conduct my shopping experience in an environment where English is the norm or standard.

I think Mr. Sensitivity above made the knee-jerk mistake of likening languages to some type of racism against a given people. If that were the case, then I would either pack-up and move or be one of the most miserable people on the planet, because it is extremely diverse here.

You are a reasonale guy, from what I've seen in other threads, so I'm talking about this context: a whole store or area is essentially "dominated" or consumed by people that are making zero effort to speak English in a public setting. More importantly, to go into Walmart and have people yelling down the aisles in Punjabi is not kosher. I speak other langauges too, but I don't yell down the aisles in German, Chinese, or Greek out of courtesy and respect.
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #12
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I'm a US citizen, but what does immigration have to do with this? Did I write anything against immigrants? No, I wrote aout the languages spoken in my local Walmart. I don't believe that I'm asking too much to go into a Walmart on US soil and conduct my shopping experience in an environment where English is the norm or standard.

I think Mr. Sensitivity above made the knee-jerk mistake of likening languages to some type of racism against a given people. If that were the case, then I would either pack-up and move or be one of the most miserable people on the planet, because it is extremely diverse here.

You are a reasonale guy, from what I've seen in other threads, so I'm talking about this context: a whole store or area is essentially "dominated" or consumed by people that are making zero effort to speak English in a public setting. More importantly, to go into Walmart and have people yelling down the aisles in Punjabi is not kosher. I speak other langauges too, but I don't yell down the aisles in German, Chinese, or Greek out of courtesy and respect.
+1
And being told to essentially "shut up and conform to those that refuse to offer the same courtesy" is getting somewhat old. I don't give a crap what your skin color is or where you came from. Everybody that comes here is given an equal opportunity to speak the established language of this nation.
If you don't like what we have to offer in the United States and you insist on holding on to your native culture while living here, go back to where you came from. For instance, one of my ex girlfriends is from Ukraine, and her parents will shun anybody who isn't a "nice Ukranian boy", with regards to who she dates. If you want her to find a Ukranian guy, WHY DID YOU COME HERE???
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #13
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

^^^^ that's what I'm saying and if people like me (and millions of others that feel the same way) don't at least speak-up and say something, then cultural etiquette is shifted without pause for consideration.
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #14
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

"Welcome to McDonalds, please press 2 for English."
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #15
CaptD

2013 JK Wrangler 

Ahem, I'm an American as well, currently working in west Africa. Given my ethnicity (white) and origin (southern Alabama), I'm usually stereotyped as the insensitive one. I've traveled to 17 countries all told, including France and Germany. I spent 6 years in Germany. Initially I spoke no Deutsch but my German friends were very understanding on this and taught me what they could. When I was in the west African country of Gabon, a former French colony, I received the same treatment, tolerance. I tried to pick up what I could while there. Unfortunately, the United States has not adopted an "Official Language" that I'm aware of. I wish we would. I like to treat visitors (tourists) with respect until they give me reason not to. Illegal immigrants are an entirely different story. I do not agree with illegal entry into this country. If anything, we need to tighten up and toughen our immigration laws. I still stand on my earlier comment. Diversity IS a good thing for, as they say, variety is the spice of life Back on track, if I were home in southern Mobile county, I'd make the drive to Niceville if I were home. Sounds like a fun gathering.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.