NFL playoffs - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > NFL playoffs

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 01-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #76
CapeCodGuy
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Not really. Look what the Steelers did to Carson Palmer in the playoffs a few years ago. There wasn't even a flag for that. Brady's single-handedly got the pansy QB rule and the tuck rule in full force now.
To clarify that, Kimo (Im going to spell this wrong) Von Oehlhoffen was blocked into him..kinda. Just like Pollard was. There wasnt a flag thrown in either situation because there wasnt a penalty. The penalty now is no going for the knees once youve been taken to the ground. Either way, that rule was already in place. The tuck rule Ill give you, no real argument there. Even though it is a rule, its a horrible one.

CapeCodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #77
chumpmann
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJ4X4 View Post
what game was meaningless?
Jets/Cincy, GB/Ari all playing exact games a week later.

I would put more stock into the Eagles NOT wanting to go all out to someone they might meet in the playoffs, and save it for then.....

Yes they had a bye to look forward to, but if they gave it everything, then Dallas would know what to look for when they met in the playoffs, Now it is Philly that has the advantage......They know what to expect, and Dallas doesnt....

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Other Jeeps...
1994 YJ - 2.5" RC lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT

Hers - '07 XK
chumpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #78
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumpmann View Post
Each team has 4 quarters to score or stop the other team from scoring.
If you think you will win if your offense gets a chance in OT, How about just do it in regular time instead of whining about not getting the chance in OT. And your Defense has been stopping the other team during regular time, why not stop them an extra time During Regular Time, and not lay down in OT and whine that your offense didnt get a chance to score....

Even if they did play the whole 15:00 for OT most games would still end in a FG, just like most close games in regular time.

What they should do is narrow the goalposts, that way you would have to get closer on offense...
It just sucks that you can watch a battle for the ENTIRE game and then all it takes to win is one f'n play in overtime. A good run back, one long pass, missed tackle..... and everything is done...

Preach all you want, but I think it's BS and not fun to watch. I hate when games go to OT.
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #79
97Xj_Sport

Quote:
Jets/Cincy, GB/Ari all playing exact games a week later.

I would put more stock into the Eagles NOT wanting to go all out to someone they might meet in the playoffs, and save it for then.....

Yes they had a bye to look forward to, but if they gave it everything, then Dallas would know what to look for when they met in the playoffs, Now it is Philly that has the advantage......They know what to expect, and Dallas doesnt....
Division teams play each other twice a year every year, they always know what to expect from each other. Cowboys 24-17.
Unread 01-08-2010, 06:01 AM   #80
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullver View Post
are you playing for the Ravens? Ride on.

Go Chargers!
hahaha no, just habit when I talk about them.

I do see the Chargers making a strong run this year.
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #81
chumpmann
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
It just sucks that you can watch a battle for the ENTIRE game and then all it takes to win is one f'n play in overtime. A good run back, one long pass, missed tackle..... and everything is done...

Preach all you want, but I think it's BS and not fun to watch. I hate when games go to OT.
Isnt it the same at theend of a game and a team has the ball with 1:00 left in the game. One big play they kick a field goal to go ahead with time running out or a couple seconds left, the other team doesnt get another chance to score....The losing team had a chance to stop them, they couldnt do it and lose the game....

All it takes is one big play to win a game, whether it is Regualr time or Overtime.....

Other Jeeps...

Hers - '07 XK
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #82
chumpmann
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Xj_Sport View Post
Division teams play each other twice a year every year, they always know what to expect from each other. Cowboys 24-17.
What I am saying is that the Cowboys think they have the Eagles number. They demolished them they think the Eagles have no reason being in the playoffs. The eagles did not give their all, didnt show everything they had. Dallas did because they Needed to win to get rid of this *late season curse*.
Now the Eagles can rightly prepare for the Cowboys, the Cowboys will try and do the exact same thing they did last week, because it worked, and it will not work....Eagles win....

Same could be said for Arizona, but I think they still lose.

Cincy is in the same position, the Jets will wonder what team they played last week, because Cincy is going to play a lot different...

Other Jeeps...

Hers - '07 XK
Unread 01-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #83
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

no way the eagles will lose like they did the last game...its tough to call that one, but i dont expect the cowboys to walk over them again so easily.
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #84
chumpmann
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds442 View Post
no way the eagles will lose like they did the last game...its tough to call that one, but i dont expect the cowboys to walk over them again so easily.
yes. It is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a row in one season.

Other Jeeps...

Hers - '07 XK
Unread 01-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #85
97Xj_Sport

Quote:
What I am saying is that the Cowboys think they have the Eagles number. They demolished them they think the Eagles have no reason being in the playoffs. The eagles did not give their all, didnt show everything they had. Dallas did because they Needed to win to get rid of this *late season curse*.
Now the Eagles can rightly prepare for the Cowboys, the Cowboys will try and do the exact same thing they did last week, because it worked, and it will not work....Eagles win....

Same could be said for Arizona, but I think they still lose.

Cincy is in the same position, the Jets will wonder what team they played last week, because Cincy is going to play a lot different...
It will be a very close game, but I think you're wrong about the Eagles not giving it thier all last week. They were playing for the #2 seed and a bye week not to mention home field unless they played the Vikings. Plus it's Cowboys Eagles, these teams always play each other as hard as they can. Cowboys pass rush is too much for a depleted eagle's offensive line and their defense is a shell of its former self and they also don't have anyone to cover Jason Witten now that Dawkins is gone. The only offensive threat the eagle's have is the deep pass to Jackson or Maclin since Westbrook isn't a 100%. I think they will get two or three deep balls to jackson for 17 points and won't be able to establish the run enough to open up the passing game. You're right about it being tough to beat the same team three times in a season though, just look back two seasons ago when the Giants beat the Cowboys after being swept by them in the regular season.

Last edited by 97Xj_Sport; 01-08-2010 at 03:46 PM..
97Xj_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #86
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Go Chargers!!
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #87
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Isnt it the same at theend of a game and a team has the ball with 1:00 left in the game. One big play they kick a field goal to go ahead with time running out or a couple seconds left, the other team doesnt get another chance to score....The losing team had a chance to stop them, they couldnt do it and lose the game....

All it takes is one big play to win a game, whether it is Regualr time or Overtime.....
I wouldnt quite go THAT far with the analogy... but I agree that most of what decides who wins in OT, comes from the coin-toss... you get the ball, and you have SO much advantage over the other team...

Everybody hates on the college OT rules, but I actually like it. It gives both teams the same shot.
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #88
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

During the initial 60 minutes there's the strategy of clock management. Do we let the other team score so we can save time and get the ball back, giving our offense a chance to win the game? Do we burn our timeouts on defense to save the clock and hope to hold them to a 3-and-out or preserve them for our final offensive drive? Do we run to the sidelines getting little chunks of yards to save the clock or risk a pass downfield, risking a timeout being burned? Do we take an intentional safety so we can pin them further back on the kickoff instead of punting it?

In overtime the game clock doesn't exist (except for the regular season), which is why your analogy doesn't work. Overtime is basically a brand new, 0-0 game and the first team to score wins. That's why it's dumb. We'll just pretend we spent the past three hours doing nothing and whoever kicks a FG first is the winner! For teams that have scratched, clawed and bled just to make the playoffs...I can't even imagine what'd it would be like to barely let a team across mid-field and have their kicker drill a 50+ yarder and then be told you have to go home. Back in the day it was a fine format but with all of the skill in today's game it's just too antiquated.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #89
CostcoPizza
Fresh Baked

1998 ZJ 

Last edited by CostcoPizza; 01-09-2010 at 12:21 AM..
CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #90
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey methhead your account is inactive.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.