NFL playoffs - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > NFL playoffs

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 01-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #46
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I believe it was Carolina ('96 season/'97 playoffs). The Panthers, who were an expansion team the season before.

PhilipJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #47
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yup, although they didnt do so hot this year they beat the defending super bowl champs that year!
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #48
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to see two teams in the Super Bowl that have never won a Super Bowl. Go Chargers! Second I hope its not some lopsided game either. How about some overtime?
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #49
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

As long as it's not San Diego (no offense), Dallas or New England, I don't really care who wins. They're all huge bandwagon teams that I'm tired of hearing about.

But overtime is horrible, or at least the sudden death part. They should just have a 15 minute quarter and whoever is leading at the end of that wins. Not this kick-a-FG-and-automatically-win crap. I've never liked that.
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #50
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
As long as it's not San Diego (no offense), Dallas or New England, I don't really care who wins. They're all huge bandwagon teams that I'm tired of hearing about.

But overtime is horrible, or at least the sudden death part. They should just have a 15 minute quarter and whoever is leading at the end of that wins. Not this kick-a-FG-and-automatically-win crap. I've never liked that.
I TOTALLY agree. I think it's BS to have a back and forth game and then POOF.... you win the coin toss and all you need is a FG to win
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #51
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ravens fan here.

I'm looking forward to a very good game Sunday with the Ravens / Patriots. As long as we keep the penalties to a minimum and keep the pressure on Brady, we have a great chance of winning.

I have to save, this doesn't surprise me one bit with Brady's comments earlier to Baltimore reporters.

-------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Brady said he would try to gain any edge he can with the referees as long as his endeavors aid in a victory.

In a conference call with Baltimore reporters yesterday, Brady was asked if he felt like he was unfairly criticized for lobbying for two roughing the passer penalties in the Patriots’ 27-21 win over the Ravens earlier this season.

“Oh, I’m begging for preferential treatment if they’ll give it to me,” Brady said jokingly. “I just don’t think they’ll give it to me all the time. So I’m trying to butter up to those officials before the game and during the game so that we do get a call once in awhile. If it helps our team win, I’m all for it.”
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #52
mcatald
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalcox View Post
Ravens fan here.

I'm looking forward to a very good game Sunday with the Ravens / Patriots. As long as we keep the penalties to a minimum and keep the pressure on Brady, we have a great chance of winning.

I have to save, this doesn't surprise me one bit with Brady's comments earlier to Baltimore reporters.

-------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Brady said he would try to gain any edge he can with the referees as long as his endeavors aid in a victory.

In a conference call with Baltimore reporters yesterday, Brady was asked if he felt like he was unfairly criticized for lobbying for two roughing the passer penalties in the Patriots’ 27-21 win over the Ravens earlier this season.

“Oh, I’m begging for preferential treatment if they’ll give it to me,” Brady said jokingly. “I just don’t think they’ll give it to me all the time. So I’m trying to butter up to those officials before the game and during the game so that we do get a call once in awhile. If it helps our team win, I’m all for it.”
And once again this makes the Patriots a bunch of cheating *******s.......
Every team does it and its more than obvious if you watch the game.
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #53
JPete
How 'Bout Dem O's?

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatald View Post
And once again this makes the Patriots a bunch of cheating *******s.......
If the shoe fits...

Quote:
Yes but not every player advertises that they do it...
JPete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #54
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Of course, just look at this season and this pass interference crap. I don't think I have ever saw so many wide receivers throughout a season throw their hands and trying to get a flag thrown. Some were pretty legitimate, but wow were there a lot that shouldn't get called.

It must be called the PI +15 play in all the coaches playbooks nowadays when they want to chuck the ball down the field.
Unread 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #55
mcatald
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Of course, just look at this season and this pass interference crap. I don't think I have ever saw so many wide receivers throughout a season throw their hands and trying to get a flag thrown. Some were pretty legitimate, but wow were there a lot that shouldn't get called.

It must be called the PI +15 play in all the coaches playbooks nowadays when they want to chuck the ball down the field.

It is really a bit frustrating to see them protest and then see a flag thrown way after the play is over.

I think something should be done by the league about it.
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #56
jbrem
2005 WK 

How many PI flags were thrown in GB/Baltimore game? Wasn't it like 9? THAT was ridiculous...
jbrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #57
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanJB View Post
How many PI flags were thrown in GB/Baltimore game? Wasn't it like 9? THAT was ridiculous...
That was an embarrassing game to watch; and to top it off it was on Monday night too.
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #58
chumpmann
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
I TOTALLY agree. I think it's BS to have a back and forth game and then POOF.... you win the coin toss and all you need is a FG to win
Each team has 4 quarters to score or stop the other team from scoring.
If you think you will win if your offense gets a chance in OT, How about just do it in regular time instead of whining about not getting the chance in OT. And your Defense has been stopping the other team during regular time, why not stop them an extra time During Regular Time, and not lay down in OT and whine that your offense didnt get a chance to score....

Even if they did play the whole 15:00 for OT most games would still end in a FG, just like most close games in regular time.

What they should do is narrow the goalposts, that way you would have to get closer on offense...

ˇɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Other Jeeps...
1994 YJ - 2.5" RC lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT

Hers - '07 XK
chumpmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #59
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Ravens fan here.

As long as we keep the penalties to a minimum and keep the pressure on Brady, we have a great chance of winning.
are you playing for the Ravens? Ride on.

Go Chargers!

my Jeepspeed build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/dez-racer-xj-build-367176/
skullver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #60
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumpmann View Post
Each team has 4 quarters to score or stop the other team from scoring.
If you think you will win if your offense gets a chance in OT, How about just do it in regular time instead of whining about not getting the chance in OT. And your Defense has been stopping the other team during regular time, why not stop them an extra time During Regular Time, and not lay down in OT and whine that your offense didnt get a chance to score....

Even if they did play the whole 15:00 for OT most games would still end in a FG, just like most close games in regular time.

What they should do is narrow the goalposts, that way you would have to get closer on offense...
Say the Super Bowl ends up being the Colts/Saints. Two great QB's light it up for 35+ points and the game goes into OT. One team wins the coin toss, drives 35-40 yards, kicks the FG and it's game over. The other QB never even gets to set foot on the field. To me it just seems wrong for a game to end that way and I doubt very few people would enjoy a Super Bowl ending in such fashion.

You'll always hear how any time a defense holds a team to a FG in the red zone how it's a "win for the defense" but that doesn't really apply when they stop the opponent outside the 30 and lose to some glorified soccer player who's performing the equivalent of a free throw from the three point line (unless Romo is holding).

I don't care how they do it, but something needs to be done. Every other sport with an overtime system allows both teams an opportunity. There's a reason the team that wins the coin toss *always* elects to receive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.