NFL playoffs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > NFL playoffs

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #16
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Kind of an anti-climactic wild card round this year since we just saw NYJ/CIN, GB/ARI and DAL/PHI last weekend.

I think the Chargers should be a little worried. Yeah they've won 11 in a row or whatever but that's just higher odds for them to lose at some point in the playoffs. Plus, Norv Turner and they play in an extremely weak division. Five of their wins were by 4 points or less.

I don't see the Pats making it past the Ravens. Yes their defense is old but NE's is just as old with less talent. No way can they stop Ray Rice and Flacco is really developing into a top QB.

Sanchez is too green to lead the Jets over the Bengals in a big-game environment even though Cincy's defense is spotty. Worst case for the Bengals, they win in a close shootout.

Indy really has no faults right now. They find ways to win and don't make many mistakes. They have a better defense than they did during their Super Bowl year minus Marvin Harrison but Peyton has even more targets to throw to now and one of the best clutch kickers ever (all 3 Pats Super Bowls came off the foot of Vinatieri).

The Packers look extremely solid right now. They started out shaky but really finished the season strong. This may be the year we see Rodgers beat Favre and lead GB to another Super Bowl.

Minnesota and New Orleans are great on paper, but they lost to some pretty mediocre and crappy teams down the stretch; teams that weren't even going to make the playoffs. That is not good for your morale or confidence heading into the post-season.

Dallas and Philly are both streaky as hell. I can't pick that game let alone where they will finish up in the playoffs. Both have defining histories over the past decade; either of them could be the NFC representative and either of them could lose before they sniffed the title game.

The Cardinals squeaked in again due to a weak division; they don't even belong in the playoffs. They had a few decent moments during the season but the only reason they are a threat is because this is football where nothing is certain.

So, my preliminary pick is the Colts/Packers.

Last edited by PhilipJ; 01-06-2010 at 02:51 PM..
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
jbrem
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
So, my preliminary pick is the Colts/Packers.
This is my pick as well.

Gotta admire how Rodgers has handled all the Favre drama. Rodgers I swear has ice water in his veins. Nothing seems to get to him. He'll get sacked 6 times, knocked down 12 times and still put up ridiculous numbers. 30 TDs, 7 INTs, over 4,000 yards passing in only his 2nd year as starter...
jbrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #18
jerseyjeep22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

phili was hot until the dallas game...which was depressing to watch. But yeah I would say that the eagles beat dallas this week...not sure how much farther than that they get like PhilipJ said they are streaky as hell, but if they get hot again i can see them going pretty deep this year. As far as AFC its gonna be Colts
jerseyjeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
jmiera
2000 XJ Cherokee 

San Diego Sparklers over the Cowgirls in the Bowl...
jmiera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
masedd
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well I think the Pats win this week,but I dont see them getting by the Chargers.But I can can hope.
masedd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #21
stratons_yj
2001 WJ 

Everyone knows that the Colts will win the superbowl uncontested.

Although the Chargers have had their number in the past that will be the best opponent the Colts will face.
stratons_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #22
jerseyjeep22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiera View Post
San Diego Sparklers over the Cowgirls in the Bowl...
no way cowboys make it to the playoffs.
jerseyjeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #23
stratons_yj
2001 WJ 

As far as the NFC goes...I'd love to see Favre and the Vikings take it and lose to Indy in the Superbowl.
stratons_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #24
Jones
Consider the following...

<---------
Unread 01-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #25
supes82
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjeep22 View Post
no way cowboys make it to the playoffs.
Uhh.... Cowboys are already in the playoffs. Sorry bout that.

Prediction: Cowboys beat the Chargers in The Bowl!
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #395
supes82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #26
IDK

Go Packers, you can do it without that traitor Favre! I can't believe I used to worship the ground that guy walked on then he goes and plays for my least favorite team in the NFL!
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #27
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I think the Saints will make it to the NFC championship. Cowboys will not win in the playoffs. They can make it in, but can't win. Same for the Chargers, they can make it in, but can't win the big ones. Norv Turner will not be the Chargers HC for long if he can't win in the playoffs.

As for the SB prediction. I can only say the Colts, as for the NFC, it is between the Vikes and hte Saints.

I don't think the Saints are that tough. I can't explain it, but I don't think they are.

I also don't think the Chargers are that tough. Chargers are also not that good in the playoffs.

Colts may look very bad at this point since the last two games the starters didn't play the whole game. Colts find ways to win games. If Manning had stayed in the Jets game, they probably would have won.

Also, I think Peyton Manning is the MVP of hte regular season. Seven fourth quarter come backs and just picking apart defenses gets media attention. I think if the Titans had made the playoffs, Chris Johnson should have gotten the MVP.

Also, I will be working all the home playoff games for the Colts.
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #28
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I think the packers and chargers have the best chance to get to the sb. The packers just seem to be the most complete team in the nfc. The defense is stopping everything and the offense is moving the ball with ease. And the fact that the media isnt saying a word about the packers, I love the underdog!
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #29
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Rams all the way

Sorry, wrong decade, but I'll be back in here in a few years

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #30
jbrem
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnormal View Post
I think the packers and chargers have the best chance to get to the sb. The packers just seem to be the most complete team in the nfc. The defense is stopping everything and the offense is moving the ball with ease. And the fact that the media isnt saying a word about the packers, I love the underdog!
The only blemish in the final 8 games of the season was where Roethlisberger put up 500 yards passing (and the heart breaker TD pass on the final play ) against the GB defense. I sat jaw-dropped for 5 minutes after that; couldn't believe it. Hell of a throw though. Other than that, I agree...very solid team all around. Offense has yet to be stopped consistently. I LOVE that GB is not getting much attention. People wrote them off after starting 4-4 and losing to TB. Finish 7-1 and in convincing fashion.

My dream playoff game is a 3rd game against the Viqueens.
jbrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.