NFL players and suicide - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > NFL players and suicide

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #31
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Soccer and offroad racing and college football are the only sports I watch. If someone else is watching NFL I'll watch just because its on. Other than that, I have better things to do with my time.

And if you watch the Kardashains or 16 and pregnant, you have got to be a moron, or a 12 year old girl.....

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
Soccer and offroad racing and college football are the only sports I watch. If someone else is watching NFL I'll watch just because its on. Other than that, I have better things to do with my time.

And if you watch the Kardashains or 16 and pregnant, you have got to be a moron, or a 12 year old girl.....

I've only ever seen one Kardashian video.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
I've only ever seen one Kardashian video.
I think we all have seen atleast one Kardashian video.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #34
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think we all have seen atleast one Kardashian video.
Thats the one!
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #35
MIjeep86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon

Facepalm. I knew I should have put a disclaimer in there... I understand that. You're argument is just a dumb one.

and professional athletes are buffoons? Really?
I'd say some of the NFL players are dumb as rocks. Ever see their Wonderlic results? Or better yet some of their majors in college? I don't feel bad for him one bit. Not at all. Thats just me though.
MIjeep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #36
nwiTJdave

Wonderlic scores for NFL players doesn't mean a whole lot, many of them blow them off.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #37
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The wonderlic is about as useful as the toilet paper I wiped my ****ing *** with this morning. Go ahead and look up great players who have done BAD on the wonderlic. Come back and argue when you have some real facts. Thanks for playing!
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #38
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Also, Dave Duerson ran a very successful sausage business after football. He killed himself because of CTE. So yeah... All football are idiots.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #39
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How did this turn into a thread about whether football players are dumb or not?

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #40
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
They put their lives on the line to protect our freedom, our way of life, the opportunity to play football. Thats a completely different situation.

Ball players are just over paid, over idolized, buffoons.
Precisely.

I have yet to figure out what ball players do to protect or enhance society that would justify lionising them to the extent that they are.

I don't consider them heroes - just overpaid mastodons. Howcumzit they could make more in a single season than I will for the rest of my life - and more in a single game than I did in my entire term of service (not to mention the basic flawed premise that four fifteen-minute quarters somehow adds up to three and a half hours. Four times fifteen is sixty - sixty minutes is one hour.)

As far as "King of Semantics?" Thank you. Semantics is "the meaning of meaning" - and I've been studying it (informally) for 25-30 years. Precision in making things is just as important to me as precision of expression.

What would I watch on sports channels? I've been known to tune into the Ranger Challenge, maybe World's Strongest Man, or Highland Games - but that's about it. Warrior skills and feats of strength are far more interesting and relevant to me than playing silly games.

Frankly, I don't really care how smart football players are (or aren't) - I just don't give a damn about football. Professional or college.

The only games I might actually pay attention to at any particular times would be hockey - and only if one of my boys (or my grandson) is playing. If I don't personally know someone involved, I don't see why I should care.

And, I neither see why someone should be paid an inordinate amount of money to play a game, nor why they should be idolised for it.

Then again, perhaps I'm just cranky.
Unread 05-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #41
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

^ GOD just shut up!!!!! They make more in one year than you will in your lifetime, ***** somewhere else!!!! Idc how you define a hero, this guy was a child hood hero of mine and he is DEAD. GTFO if you can't wrap your Saturn sized brain around that!
Unread 05-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #42
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You little worthless ****s are saying they're little worms just because they make RETARDED amounts of money, money that they've sacrificed a LOT more than you think for. 5-90 I don't believe you were ever "too mean" for football. That ****ing bull**** and you know it. You've never played a sport requiring any skill and you know it. That's why you hide behind the "ah only wrestling and jousting" are real sports routine. You make me ****ing sick making light of an American legends suicide. Bet you made fun of Elvis' death too. Just because they aren't a service member doesn't mean they weren't ****ing important to this country. Buzz of you blowjob.
Unread 05-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #43
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

And Zach it turned into this because of idiots wanting to stroke themselves such as 5-90. Zach YOU know as much as anyone how patriotic I am. But BELIEVE IT OR NOT athletes still can be incredibly inspirational Heros to some. You don't know a GOD DAMN thing about Seau 5-90. You're just too ****ing smart for your own good.
Unread 05-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #44
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I played soccer for 16 years competitively and would rather have an ice pick stabbed into my groin than ever watch a soccer game again. Soccer now = hair gel and incessant diving that makes me want to vomit. I'd also rather watch whales try to paint a house than watch soccer now.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #45
MIjeep86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Swagger, would you like a tissue? You're the only person boo whooing about this. At the end of the day he's just another person that took his own life. How about all of the real heroes (soldiers) that take their life Bc if their jobs? We should be more concerned about preventing that. Without them we wouldn't have an NFL. Now go ahead and start bashing me about how stupid I am.
MIjeep86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.