New York Laws? 350 conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > New York Laws? 350 conversion

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-06-2003, 07:15 PM   #1
JFCIII

2006 LJ Wrangler 

New York Laws? 350 conversion

Before I go for the bucks to add some horses I was wondering if anyone knows what the emissions laws in New York are. Or where I can find them. I have a '90 YJ and want to put in a '79 chevy 350 out of a blazer. Really would like to do it legal.

2006 Rubicon Unlimited 50,000 miles, 6 spd, 2" RC BB 305/70r16 Firestone Destination M/T's on Dick Cepek 16x8's, Clarion DXZ555mp w/ infinity amp and speakers, KC Daylighters, Savvy Front Bumper, Ramsey REP8000, Banks Monster cat back exhaust, IPF H-4 headlights with HIDS.

2000 XJ Limited All Stock.

83 Porsche 928s
JFCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2003, 03:45 PM   #2
Scafone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't get my hopes up in NY
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson
Scafone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2003, 08:34 PM   #3
John Snyder

never heard you couldnt

I have never heard that you couldnt put a V8 in a jeep. But i live in upstate NY.
K&N
3.5 Inch BDS
Brush Guard
SONY Head Unit
Besttop Overhead speaker console
John Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2003, 10:18 PM   #4
93jeepyj2.5

Call up your local DMV and ask them if you can, and what the restrictions/limits are.

-Heath

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2003, 06:33 PM   #5
JFCIII

2006 LJ Wrangler 

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS. I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO TRY TO FIND SOMEONE IN N.Y.S.D.M.V. THAT MIGHT HAVE A CLUE.

2006 Rubicon Unlimited 50,000 miles, 6 spd, 2" RC BB 305/70r16 Firestone Destination M/T's on Dick Cepek 16x8's, Clarion DXZ555mp w/ infinity amp and speakers, KC Daylighters, Savvy Front Bumper, Ramsey REP8000, Banks Monster cat back exhaust, IPF H-4 headlights with HIDS.

2000 XJ Limited All Stock.

83 Porsche 928s
JFCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.