New video game controller for PC coming out... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > New video game controller for PC coming out...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

New video game controller for PC coming out...

So this new controller coming out looks actually.. interesting. I have a xbox controller (yes I DO!) to play games that support it for PC (RE5, Bioshock, etc) so that I can play it on a 50" Plasma.. RE5 is awesome, but bioshock sucks with it.

Anyhow, this new controller has built in motion sensing, keyboard, trackball, etc. Designed specially FOR PC gaming. It looks interesting, very, very interesting. I love gaming on my TV (+ SURROUND SOUND!!) but using my mouse and keyboard just isn't possible. This controller would change that..

So what are your thoughts? I still would never play it for competitive gaming, of course.

IGUGU - GAMECORE

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

I'll just stick to my Xbox 360 controller. It work with both my pc, and 360.
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
_Kevin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's an Xbox controller with less buttons? You can get a keyboard attachment that goes in the same exact spot for Xbox

[QUOTE=JeepinSurprise;10042634]Did you really think you were getting a cushy/dry ride when you bought a vehicle with DRAINS on the inside?!?![/QUOTE]
_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'll stick with my mouse and keyboard. No console style controller can ever hang with my ninja mouse action.

Black Jeep Society victim#19

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
ancestralworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

He's right, a mouse and keyboard is the ultimate tag team for gaming.

You have 5 million buttons right where they need to be, and assuming you can type you already know where they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
sitdwnandhngon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yea, but XBOX controller doesn't work on all games. If it does, its bad. This has a track pad and everything on it. It has a special interface and all for it. And for $79, it's not bad... I believe it broadcasts your game wirelessly from your PC to TV.

Like I said tho, I'd mainly use it for games like Bioshock, COD, HL series, etc. Not really much for multiplayer games.
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
Unread 01-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMack View Post
Yea, but XBOX controller doesn't work on all games. If it does, its bad. This has a track pad and everything on it. It has a special interface and all for it. And for $79, it's not bad... I believe it broadcasts your game wirelessly from your PC to TV.

Like I said tho, I'd mainly use it for games like Bioshock, COD, HL series, etc. Not really much for multiplayer games.
FPS's work better with a mouse and keyboard. For games that don't support the X360 controller (which 90% do), look up a program called xpadder, you can map any keyboard and mouse function to any controller.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
FPS's work better with a mouse and keyboard. For games that don't support the X360 controller (which 90% do), look up a program called xpadder, you can map any keyboard and mouse function to any controller.
Been there, done that, sucks.

---
Quote:
Unread 01-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
sitdwnandhngon
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMack View Post
Been there, done that, sucks.
I love xpadder. I use it all the time when I'm playing flash games or need a ps2 controller when there is just no controller support in game.

It especially helps if you feel like playing an older game that was never designed for a controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northjeep View Post
4.2 has 0.2 more!
sitdwnandhngon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.