NEW TRUCK!!!! (with pics) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > NEW TRUCK!!!! (with pics)

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #46
10achik
I ate what?
 
10achik's Avatar
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: STL (IL side)
Posts: 8,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticcat843
Thanks....What kind of milage are you geting with a v6?
This truck has the hemi with 3.92s (i think) and i got bout 10 just driving aroudn the city today. But of course i got on it a few times just messing around. Still, i wasnt to happy with it. It did do good on the highway though....about 18...I guess that MDS stuff does work pretty good. and either way it gets better than my jeep.

Oh and you have a P.M.
Only about 16 -18 on good days, it sucks but the alternative is driving the WJ and it's a pig, only about 12-14 there. Can't wait until spring so I can ride my motorcycle again. Actually I'm going to ride it tomorrow and Sunday to work it's suppose to get up to 50

__________________
Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #47
I FLEX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: BREMERTON, WA
Posts: 663
Sweet purchase, its a very nice Truck.

Again, don't listen to these biotches complaining, they're just jealous. They obviously dont have the same resources themselves or they wouldnt be trying to put you down. Their DD is a POS....
__________________
- Micah
Muddy TJ
2001 SE 5spd | 33x12.5x15 Toyo MT's|
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
#13
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
I FLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #48
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!
 
sharpie's Avatar
1999  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachinXJ
She got ripped to the max.

I ought clarify. Her parents bought it when the 07s just came out. I believe they paid sticker, and here:

Window sticker for an 07 Ram 1500
she has all these options, but also the Hemi instead of the 4.7L V8. I could easily see $37,000.


Sure, she got ripped off too, but she didn't get taken by the dealership. Bought new+expensive package+hemi=$37k easy.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!


XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #49
chadsmeltzer
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: , MI
Posts: 1,973
I saw the title and knew it was you posting right away
Knowing Josh, I would say he did pay for it and that he earned it. He is always filling out local forum about having to work at like 3 am.
PS. sorry about jumping your Jeep, when can I drive your truck
__________________
04 TJ - 2 KC Daylighters, 35x12.5x15 MT/R Kevlar, 3" coils, Rear 4 link, 1.25" JKS BL, 1" JKS BMML, 33 Eng. Hi-Clearance Skid, 8.8 with LS, D30 EZ locker, OBA
chadsmeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #50
glockfire
Registered User
2006  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA, CO
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93XJLI
oh.... one of THOSE deals

It may be just me, but I dont go around giving sexual favors to car salesmen.
I do.....wait....
__________________
l_JEEP_l
(OlllllllO)

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4
glockfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #51
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.
 
Jakemd98's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 1,940
Nice truck... I am extremely jealous, as of right now i am getting truck fever, bad. Definitely wouldn't want to be you with that payment right now though... but as long as you can handle it then all i have to say is enjoy and be safe, the extra power can get you in a lot of trouble .
__________________
Jake Davis

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:39 AM   #52
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god
 
Arcticcat843's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Battle Creek MI / Lima OH
Posts: 4,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie
I ought clarify. Her parents bought it when the 07s just came out. I believe they paid sticker, and here:

Window sticker for an 07 Ram 1500
she has all these options, but also the Hemi instead of the 4.7L V8. I could easily see $37,000.


Sure, she got ripped off too, but she didn't get taken by the dealership. Bought new+expensive package+hemi=$37k easy.
Well...i cant get a window sticker from mine anymore because they took it off the site. but here is a list of the optinional stuff:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Customer Preferred Package 26G

Quad Cab Leather & Sun Value Group $ 1,715
Power Sunroof

Trailer Tow Group $ 405
750-Ampere Maintenance-Free Battery
Class IV Receiver Hitch
7-Pin Wiring Harness

Popular Equipment Group $ 1,315
Glove Box Lamp
Power 6-Way Driver's Seat
Ash Tray Lamp
Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Front Dome Lamp with On/Off Switch
Underhood Lamp
Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat
7 Infinity(TM) Speakers
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Overhead Console w/Trip Computer and Garage Opener
Front Center Seat Cushion Storage
Rearview Automatically Dimming Mirror
Security Alarm
Cloth 40/20/40 Premium Bench Seat

Multi-Speed Overdrive Automatic Transmission $ 1,170

Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle $ 325

5.7-Liter HEMI(R) Multi Displacement Engine $ 945

Chrome Bodyside Molding $ 125
"Big Horn" Badge

20" x 9.0" Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels $ 405

Remote Start System $ 185

Front Hood Protection Shield $ 100

Leather & Sun Value Group Discount -$1,000





Sticker on it was like 39630 so that plus like 3 grand in tax....Yeah, im glad i didnt pay sticker price. Oh and i also got money off because my mom had a lease though them AND i got a supplier discount because of my work. (we print stuff for dodge sometimes)
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:41 AM   #53
crosbike3688
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: cape cod/suffield ct
Posts: 498
750 amp battery? big horn badge? glove box lamp? sweet "options"
__________________
[U]1994 Jeep Cherokee[/U]
SYE,6" RE with tnt y-link long arms,
33x12.5 BFG Mud Terrains, Nates 4x4 custom winch bumper

[QUOTE=ktmracer419]either way thats ridiculously peepee enlargingly tall.[/QUOTE]
crosbike3688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:41 AM   #54
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god
 
Arcticcat843's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Battle Creek MI / Lima OH
Posts: 4,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakemd98
Nice truck... I am extremely jealous, as of right now i am getting truck fever, bad. Definitely wouldn't want to be you with that payment right now though... but as long as you can handle it then all i have to say is enjoy and be safe, the extra power can get you in a lot of trouble .
yep...Ive notices....I take off and get up to speed like normal and think im doing 45 then i look down and im doing like 60 lol ill hae to get used to that.
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:44 AM   #55
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god
 
Arcticcat843's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Battle Creek MI / Lima OH
Posts: 4,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbike3688
750 amp battery? big horn badge? glove box lamp? sweet "options"
The tow pack comes with a bigger battery
Big horn badge is part of the big horn pack
glove box lamp IS a option...Unless you get the "light group" then you dont get any of those. It just hapend that the "light group" is IN the "Popular Equipment Group"
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:48 AM   #56
crosbike3688
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: cape cod/suffield ct
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticcat843
The tow pack comes with a bigger battery
Big horn badge is part of the big horn pack
glove box lamp IS a option...Unless you get the "light group" then you dont get any of those. It just hapend that the "light group" is IN the "Popular Equipment Group"
I dont understand how a light it an option but whatever. Is that 750 CCA?
__________________
[U]1994 Jeep Cherokee[/U]
SYE,6" RE with tnt y-link long arms,
33x12.5 BFG Mud Terrains, Nates 4x4 custom winch bumper

[QUOTE=ktmracer419]either way thats ridiculously peepee enlargingly tall.[/QUOTE]
crosbike3688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 07:05 AM   #57
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god
 
Arcticcat843's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Battle Creek MI / Lima OH
Posts: 4,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbike3688
I dont understand how a light it an option but whatever. Is that 750 CCA?
Well...If you go buy one that doesnt have the "light group" then you will not get cup holder lights, underhood lights, a rear cargo light, glove box light and a couple more.....Therefor it is optional....whats not to understand?
Oh and like i said, the light group in IN the "Popular Equipment Group" So thats how i got it.

I dont know if its CCA or not....I would assume so but I dont know. It will probaly end up with the red top out of my jeep (if it is the same size) and ill get a yellow top and put it in there. Do you have a optima? Ifnot get one! you wouldnt believe how long they last. I had a alt go bad mid day on our last trail run. (i didn tknow it at the time) I winched out a 1 ton chevy that was burried to the door twice. (had 2 other trucks hooked to the back of me) I drove around the rest of the day on some trails and stuff and had my headlights on all the way home....I made it 1 exit from home before the battery die. I see you have a winch so im sure you know how much power they take. I was very happy with it.

Anyone know if it is the smae battery my jeep uses?
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #58
crosbike3688
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: cape cod/suffield ct
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticcat843
Well...If you go buy one that doesnt have the "light group" then you will not get cup holder lights, underhood lights, a rear cargo light, glove box light and a couple more.....Therefor it is optional....whats not to understand?
Oh and like i said, the light group in IN the "Popular Equipment Group" So thats how i got it.

I dont know if its CCA or not....I would assume so but I dont know. It will probaly end up with the red top out of my jeep (if it is the same size) and ill get a yellow top and put it in there. Do you have a optima? Ifnot get one! you wouldnt believe how long they last. I had a alt go bad mid day on our last trail run. (i didn tknow it at the time) I winched out a 1 ton chevy that was burried to the door twice. (had 2 other trucks hooked to the back of me) I drove around the rest of the day on some trails and stuff and had my headlights on all the way home....I made it 1 exit from home before the battery die. I see you have a winch so im sure you know how much power they take. I was very happy with it.

Anyone know if it is the smae battery my jeep uses?
ive heard mixed reviews on optima. If i were to get one long lasting battery id probably get an odyssey.
__________________
[U]1994 Jeep Cherokee[/U]
SYE,6" RE with tnt y-link long arms,
33x12.5 BFG Mud Terrains, Nates 4x4 custom winch bumper

[QUOTE=ktmracer419]either way thats ridiculously peepee enlargingly tall.[/QUOTE]
crosbike3688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #59
FortCollinsZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 2,342
I got a yellow top... nothing special, seems just as good as my old Interstate.

PS: I would never buy a brand new truck... Im not so good with nice stuff, fragile stuff, new stuff, I always end up braking something.

Take care of it... but I don't see you trailering your jeep every time.... thats just going to get to be a hassle IMO.

5000$ for Grad money is BANK!
__________________
1993 ZJ 2001 5.9 swap. Crawler

1998 5.9 limited, DT headers, CAI, 3" exhaust.
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.