NEW TRUCK!!!! (with pics) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > NEW TRUCK!!!! (with pics)

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 01-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
mopar3389
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice truck..... I love Dodge's myself, but why the hell didn't you get the Cummins?? Could have gotten a year old one for the same price.... and so much more torque.

mopar3389 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #17
fastredjeep
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski01xj
His parents bought it.
Read an earlier post he had...I still owe a big chunk of change on it...

Buying a brand new vehicle, while it might be nice, is not a financially wise move for a 19 year old. You have a car that now depreciated faster than a used one that you could have gotten with a better engine and more miles, but instead went with the new model and lesser engine.

Hope you like it.
[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Black Jeep Club member #127[/FONT][/B]
fastredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #18
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticcat843
.... Plus there is my graduation money like sharpie said (no it wasnt like 20 grand or anything like you guys are thinking....Lets just say it was less than 5) ....
be grateful for that, I only got a couple hundred after H.S. and nothing for college
RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #19
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Nice truck Josh, I've got an 01, but no where near as nice as that. I use it as a DD, but mines only got the V6 / 3.94s so I won't be hauling my WJ with it. For what I use it for the $1500 price tag was a no brainer for me. I know you will enjoy it, good luck with it

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #20
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredjeep
1) Im the only person that knows how todo the job i do. While i may not like it, it is still pretty safe. It is VERY hard to get fired or laid off after you have been hired in. (i am)
2) i set it up so if i get laid off the banks pays the payment for me until i go back to work....I think it was called gap coverage???
3) i put enough down on this that I will never end up "unside down" (owe more than its worth)
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #21
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski01xj
His parents bought it.
Hope you arent talking to me.....because my parents didnt give me a PENNY for this truck. All they did is co sign for me....
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #22
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar3389
Nice truck..... I love Dodge's myself, but why the hell didn't you get the Cummins?? Could have gotten a year old one for the same price.... and so much more torque.
$$$$$$$$$$
maybe reasons but that was the main

1) no were to get gas within 20 miles
2) Dont NEED all that
3) insurance is more

Would i have liked a big old cummins with some stacks....yes.....just wasnt worth it to me. most im going to tow is my jeep. This truck will do it fine and dandy. Maybe ill get a cummins next time....
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #23
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scs748
be grateful for that, I only got a couple hundred after H.S. and nothing for college
Im very grateful and didnt expect that much....I sent hand writen card out to everyone (what a pain) We arent talking like just thanks....We are talking like a paragraph on each one lol....it was worth it though.
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #24
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik
Nice truck Josh, I've got an 01, but no where near as nice as that. I use it as a DD, but mines only got the V6 / 3.94s so I won't be hauling my WJ with it. For what I use it for the $1500 price tag was a no brainer for me. I know you will enjoy it, good luck with it
Thanks....What kind of milage are you geting with a v6?
This truck has the hemi with 3.92s (i think) and i got bout 10 just driving aroudn the city today. But of course i got on it a few times just messing around. Still, i wasnt to happy with it. It did do good on the highway though....about 18...I guess that MDS stuff does work pretty good. and either way it gets better than my jeep.

Oh and you have a P.M.
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #25
ChaoticBastard
2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice truck,good luck to you. Just peel off that god aweful RAM on the door. Looks goofy
MetalHead Jeep Club Member #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo
what's wrong with bombing poor people? It has all the awesomeness of bombing combined with removal of crime. It's like a win win situation.
Unwad your panties
ChaoticBastard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #26
crosbike3688
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Why on Gods green earth would you purchase a brand new truck at that age. If you had a **** ton of money to spend why not upgrade your **** box of a jeep and do some wheeling. From your wheeling pics i dont see a reason you'd need to tow your rig. Second of all why not find a place to live other than home? If you got the money for that **** box of a truck why not move the **** out and live on your own? Thirdly, you can be fired or laid off no matter what the job.

I would of purchased an older cummins and saved the rest of the money and not have payments every month. Im a tad older than you and wouldnt even think of purchasing a new vehicle. Money thrown out the window in my opinion

[QUOTE=ktmracer419]either way thats ridiculously peepee enlargingly tall.[/QUOTE]
crosbike3688 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #27
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbike3688
Why on Gods green earth would you purchase a brand new truck at that age. If you had a **** ton of money to spend why not upgrade your **** box of a jeep and do some wheeling. From your wheeling pics i dont see a reason you'd need to tow your rig. Second of all why not find a place to live other than home? If you got the money for that **** box of a truck why not move the **** out and live on your own? Thirdly, you can be fired or laid off no matter what the job.

I would of purchased an older cummins and saved the rest of the money and not have payments every month. Im a tad older than you and wouldnt even think of purchasing a new vehicle. Money thrown out the window in my opinion
Well thanks for your opinion.....im happy with my **** box truck and jeep so thats all that matters....its my money and you dont have to make the payments so dont worry about it....Oh and didnt you read the posts in this thread? Look a couple above, if i get laid off the bank makes the payment for me....kinda a protection think.
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #28
Ski01xj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbike3688

His parents bought it.
Ski01xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #29
crosbike3688
1994 XJ Cherokee 

but you have to pay the bank back so in the end your still screwed. banks dont give away money. BRAH

[QUOTE=ktmracer419]either way thats ridiculously peepee enlargingly tall.[/QUOTE]
crosbike3688 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #30
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBastard
Nice truck,good luck to you. Just peel off that god aweful RAM on the door. Looks goofy
yeah....Im thinking about it....The hemi one too....I dont know...I do think it would look good but its hard todo something like that to a new truck. Im going to order some chrome door handles, mirror covers, window vents and a chrome tailgate handle in a min. I also am going to get some tube steps, a liner and a bed cover but im going to wait till i get some more money saved back up. That stuff isnt cheap. The oringinal plan was to get steps and a liner thrown in for a cheap price from the dealer. BUT the truck they were going to get me was sold and the only other one they could find had a few more things on it so the price was more so i had to wait....Ill will all come in time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.