JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   New Toy (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/new-toy-1740658/)

JIMBOX 10-30-2013 05:22 PM

New Toy
 
:cool: Just for grins, I'm gonna show you my new (2001) toy-

Ford Ranger/4x4 off-road, rides much stiffer than my jeep, but I can HAUL more :teehee:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps27d89a3a.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...pscadb7a1e.jpg

Heh Heh and it fits in my garage, along with the jeep and the YOTA !

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

TheBoss 10-30-2013 06:18 PM

Wrong forum!!

Jk, Is this the begining of a new project ?

JIMBOX 10-30-2013 06:37 PM

:cool: Yeah, a new project and I'm already in a ranger forum-


Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoss (Post 17300794)
Wrong forum!!

Jk, Is this the begining of a new project ?

This was the Ranger off-road-model and has Traction-lok in the rear-

Stock with complete bedliner and bed tie-downs, I won't be doing as drastic mods as the jeep (WE'LL SEE)--

It has twice the towing capacity as the jeep/w more power than the 3.8l (it's 4.0L)-

We'll see-

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

Jerseymark 10-30-2013 08:20 PM

Sweet truck. Rangers are IMO the best pickups. I had rangers before I had a wrangler and if they made a four door I would probably still have one. They are the jeeps of the pickup world - simple, small and maneuverable and great off-road. I was a long time member of ranger powersports

brianjw 10-30-2013 08:20 PM

Auto as well?

A larger trans cooler is a good idea there as well. My sport trac with the 4.0 sohc auto went from 180-190 in down to 160. And ran much more reasonable temps towing at elevation.

I don't know if you plan on doing much with it but they also respond well to lower gearing. If it has 4.10s on stock tires they are pretty strong. I ran 33s and 4.88s and it was awesome. Also a good tuner makes a world of difference with that transmission.

I've had several rangers/explorers too. At least four that I can think of right now from 94 to 05. A few weak spots but great rigs overall.

ncb 10-30-2013 08:24 PM

Girly truck.

JIMBOX 10-30-2013 08:28 PM

:cool:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerseymark (Post 17304634)
Sweet truck. Rangers are IMO the best pickups. I had rangers before I had a wrangler and if they made a four door I would probably still have one. They are the jeeps of the pickup world - simple, small and maneuverable and great off-road. I was a long time member of ranger powersports

Yeah, it's called SUPERCAB and has little rear doors, I'd hate to try to carry adults though, it's just for grandkids and it's actually my third ranger-

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianjw (Post 17304650)
Auto as well?

A larger trans cooler is a good idea there as well. My sport trac with the 4.0 sohc auto went from 180-190 in down to 160. And ran much more reasonable temps towing at elevation.

I don't know if you plan on doing much with it but they also respond well to lower gearing. If it has 4.10s on stock tires they are pretty strong. I ran 33s and 4.88s and it was awesome. Also a good tuner makes a world of difference with that transmission.

I've had several rangers/explorers too. At least four that I can think of right now from 94 to 05. A few weak spots but great rigs overall.

I think its, 4.10 gears, but with the auto, you've given good info, thanx-

:tea::tea: JIMBO

Jerseymark 10-30-2013 09:32 PM

I had one with the super cab option and it was nice for storage but couldn't put a baby seat in the back. My favorite ranger was an 03 edge regular cab(or daycab as I called it). It had the 3.0 Vulcan with manual trans. Only problem I had was with the slave cylinder for the trans. I wish i had kept that truck.

CharlieHustle 10-30-2013 10:18 PM

Nice little trucks, I still have mine (Splash Edition) Its bright yellow and ugly as hell but still runs good at 180,000 miles. I just use it to haul crap when I need to

NYTrailrider 10-30-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 17299202)
:cool: Just for grins, I'm gonna show you my new (2001) toy-

Ford Ranger/4x4 off-road, rides much stiffer than my jeep, but I can HAUL more :teehee:

Heh Heh and it fits in my garage, along with the jeep and the YOTA !

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

And my Comanche can haul more than that pos

Molan Labe

MIjeep86 10-31-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYTrailrider
And my Comanche can haul more than that pos Molan Labe

Annnnnnnnnnd you're still ghey. My truck can haul more than yours.

JIMBOX 10-31-2013 09:04 AM

:cool:


Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieHustle (Post 17308058)
Nice little trucks, I still have mine (Splash Edition) Its bright yellow and ugly as hell but still runs good at 180,000 miles. I just use it to haul crap when I need to

Kewl, I couldn't find any yellow ones-near me !


Quote:

Originally Posted by NYTrailrider (Post 17309506)
And my Comanche can haul more than that pos

Molan Labe

It's always good to have an indian friend when you need help !

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIjeep86 (Post 17312394)
Annnnnnnnnnd you're still ghey. My truck can haul more than yours.

No Doubt-be happy-don't worry, my Armadillo can whip your dog-:teehee:-

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

dayriesw 10-31-2013 09:06 AM

Nice truck. How much if you dont mind me asking?

JIMBOX 10-31-2013 09:30 AM

:cool: heh Heh, it's a good thing I have my own bank account, my wife won't be happy when she finds out the details(she's in LA)


Quote:

Originally Posted by dayriesw (Post 17315746)
Nice truck. How much if you dont mind me asking?

I spotted it a year ago, when I was looking for a Dodge dakota and the dealer told me it wasn't for sale, he was restoring it, so I gave him my phone # and said call if he wanted to sell--he did last week and

I paid $8700 for the Ranger/w $300 buck delivery to my house in Nevada, it was in Sacramento, Ca.

The kewl thing is NO SALES TAX, because it was purchased/delivered in Nevada-

He had replaced eng/tranny driveshafts/brakes/CV boots and the actual chassis mileage is 199,000 miles, but it looks/feels/drives new-its been kept inside -

Now my wife'll want me to sell the jeep, fraid not, maybe the trailer, but not the jeep--to much of me init-

:tea: JIMBO

pinky2252s 11-01-2013 05:24 PM

If your fuel pump ever goes out on that, just take the bed off. It took me and a friend less than a half hour to replace his a few days ago. Really helps when the gas tank is full.


The time now is 05:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.