New question on Windshield hinges....help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > New question on Windshield hinges....help

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-31-2001, 11:56 PM   #1
OhYeah

New question on Windshield hinges....help

Ya know, first I want to say you guys are really great. I feel like I can count on ya for anything. OK now that I have buttered you up a little, I've been trying to replace my windshield hinges for the last few days. I took out all the screws that would come easy, and the ones I stripped, I am going to drill out tomorrow. However on the lower side of the hinge most of the bolts are loose but they are just turning in the holes, I believe maybe the plate on the back came loose or something. What do you guys think I should try? I am about to kick in the side of my Jeep if these things don't come off soon.

Thanks everyone,

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2001, 12:29 PM   #2
jeroen

Have the same problem on my '95 YJ. On the righthand side I can get my hand in (inside the dash, behind the speaker), and there appear to be nuts on those bolts on the inside. I guess they are supposed to be welded to the frame.
On the lefthand side I can't get to the back of the windshield hinge, since ther are too many cables and the parkingbrake lever in the way.
I dont want to remove the entire dashboard, just to tighten this one bolt on the windshield hinge.
Any ideas anybody??
jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.