New paint job, to decal or not - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > New paint job, to decal or not

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-19-2003, 12:14 PM   #1
NJJeeper

New paint job, to decal or not

I just got my white jeep painted red. When it was white it had pinstriping on the hood and the word Wrangler. It also had some striping down the side/door quarter panel area all in tan, along with the usual Jeep stuff.
I am trying to decide whether to put something similar on their now that it is red. They have tons of choices on e-bay. Has anybody ever used these aftermarket decals. Do they go on fairly easy, no bubbles. Are they tough to put on straight. I don't want to mess up a new paint job by putting on and then having to remove decalling. I can't quite decide whether it will look better with decals or clean.

Red Jeep Club Member #9
NJJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2003, 12:52 PM   #2
Devious
Hobo

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'd go with the clean look. No decals.
Unread 02-19-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have checkered flag decals on the sides of my hood, I got them from edecals.com. As far as pinstriping goes I am not a big fan of it. My Jeep originally had pinstriping but is since gone after my Jeep was repainted.
RCHavok797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2003, 04:04 PM   #4
mikeythefireman

I've never been a decal fan. I took off all my decals except the word Jeep. Just sayin'

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.