New Music - Saxophone Recital - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > New Music - Saxophone Recital

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #1
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

New Music - Saxophone Recital

Hi guys! I wanted to share with you my senior saxophone recital that I had about a month ago. I worked very diligently and through the night on some of these pieces, and I must say that hard work DOES pay off. I will now be getting my Masters in performance at New England Conservatory.

Anyway, enjoy!

SaxManClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

just listened to em, sounded really good. i would be dead if i had to play that long.
JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spife7980 View Post
just listened to em, sounded really good. i would be dead if i had to play that long.
Thanks for the compliment.
Unread 04-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
ChasY
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds good man, that sounds like it must have taken quite a bit of work. Fellow sax player here as well. Been playin since 3rd grade. Gone through multiple ska/jazz bands too. Dont quit playin! Ever play much tenor/bari?
Unread 04-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasY View Post
Sounds good man, that sounds like it must have taken quite a bit of work. Fellow sax player here as well. Been playin since 3rd grade. Gone through multiple ska/jazz bands too. Dont quit playin! Ever play much tenor/bari?
I'm actually a bari player by nature! I LOVE playing bari. It's the one sax that I don't mind playing all the time. I played alto on my recital because that's where all the repertoire is. And there is still so much to learn.
Unread 04-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
ChasY
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hell yeah to Bari! I have been pretty much hooked on that since middle school. Played it in school and marched it too. Also in a ska band. Theres something about that Bari thats addicting!!!!!!!!
Unread 04-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I think after I graduate I'm going to drop down some moolah and get a bari. The only problem is they cost about $5-7K for a good USED one. I almost bought a Mk. VI Bari two years ago. Bright silver, original lacquer, range to low A, looked like a x-mas tree.... over 10K though. So I got the Jeep instead.
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bump! More people should listen to classical music!
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
DavidHoover
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nice playing! I'm a pianist but played sax in high school. I'm working my but off in undergrad right now double majoring in performance and comp so i can get my masters at NEC in composition. Glad to see there are other classical loving jeepers!
DavidHoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #10
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHoover View Post
Nice playing! I'm a pianist but played sax in high school. I'm working my but off in undergrad right now double majoring in performance and comp so i can get my masters at NEC in composition. Glad to see there are other classical loving jeepers!
A pianist! I'm always on the look out for a good accompanist!
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #11
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice. Makes me want to dig out my sax again. Played in HS and for the US Army for awhile. Haven't played much at all lately. Sold my tenor so now only soprano left.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #12
DavidHoover
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxManClay View Post
A pianist! I'm always on the look out for a good accompanist!
Well I will hopefully be at the conservatory in 3 years but i think you might be finished with school by then
DavidHoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whybu1 View Post
Very nice. Makes me want to dig out my sax again. Played in HS and for the US Army for awhile. Haven't played much at all lately. Sold my tenor so now only soprano left.
Wow, good for you playing in the Army. Did you like it at all? I've actually been practicing for an audition for the Air Force Band in D.C. For baritone sax none the less.
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #14
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxManClay View Post
Wow, good for you playing in the Army. Did you like it at all? I've actually been practicing for an audition for the Air Force Band in D.C. For baritone sax none the less.
I really liked it. Straight out of high school and maing my own money. My duty station was New York City. My father in law is a retired trumpet player for the Air Force and he said it was a great 20 years.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #15
saxart
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Clay-
Great job! I did that "senior recital on alto sax" thing, I guess it was almost 20 years ago now!

I've been teaching music since then and don't get near enough time to play anymore. Anyway, congrats, you should be proud of your work!

'99 Wrangler Sport: 2.5" Old Man Emo lift and shocks, adjustable trackbars, Quick-Disko sway links, rollin on 31" BFG A/Ts
saxart is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.