new lift problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > new lift problems

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-28-2001, 11:24 AM   #1
blackjeep

new lift problems

i recently put a 3inch lift on a 95 wrangler it also has 1.25 shackle lift on it. when i drive it down the road it floats all over the road, especially when i hit a little bump. i know for sure that every thing is tight on the new kit. Does anyone know what might be wrong or a way to fix it. Also do i need to to get a front end allignment?
thanks

Unread 08-28-2001, 12:28 PM   #2
Wicked YJ

If your steering feels really loose you might want to look into getting a
1.) a front alingment
2.) steering stabilizer
3.) a drop pitman arm
4" RE lift, 2" body lift, 4.10 gears, ford 8.8 in the rear, powertrax No-Slip in the rear, lockrite in the front, complete custom roll cage by Carolina rock shop, and corbeau seats and 5pt. harnesses, and of course herculined
Wicked YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2001, 09:54 PM   #3
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

The shackles are causing you your problem. They change the castor angle which causes the floating feeling. Without the shackles the 3" lift wouldn't be that bad.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2001, 10:17 PM   #4
Nicknel1

Who Makes the lift? The Only 3 inch lift I have heard of is a rough country.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.