new jeep or used - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > new jeep or used

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-26-2001, 01:36 PM   #1
batdelfuego

new jeep or used

Hi guys... I'm new on this forum...and I've got a question for you...

I need to buy a new 4X4 for winter her in Montreal. I just bought a brand new Prelude for summer, but I dont want to drive it during winter. I really like Jeeps... I'm not necessarely a hunter at all, but I think, and heard, that Jeeps were very safe for winter driving. Anyhow... I was looking for a used Jeep YJ, around year 1990... I see a lot of them being on sale for about 6500$ CAN and having 120000KM on the counter. Is there a catch? I've been told that after a few years Jeeps thend to have a lot $$ to be put on for reparations. Should I trust a 1990 Jeep? Or should I go buy or lease a newer one? I know I would only drive it during winter and maybe a few time in summer... is it worth the money?? Or should a buy an old one at 4 or 5K and drive it around all winter without worrying?

Thanx a lot for your help!!

Unread 08-26-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
-D-

I think that during the summer you'll drive it a bit more than you think, pop the top off and it's just too much fun not to drive. If you're looking for a winter jeep you will probably want to look at getting a Hard Top. Also I would suggest that you look at 91 and newer since they will have Fuel Injection instead of a Carburator.. it'll probably be easier to warmup during the colder days too. Jeeps themselves are pretty reliable and the engine is dead simple as well if there are any problems. Good luck.
-D-
-D- is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.