new jeep or used - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > new jeep or used

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-26-2001, 01:36 PM   #1
batdelfuego

new jeep or used

Hi guys... I'm new on this forum...and I've got a question for you...

I need to buy a new 4X4 for winter her in Montreal. I just bought a brand new Prelude for summer, but I dont want to drive it during winter. I really like Jeeps... I'm not necessarely a hunter at all, but I think, and heard, that Jeeps were very safe for winter driving. Anyhow... I was looking for a used Jeep YJ, around year 1990... I see a lot of them being on sale for about 6500$ CAN and having 120000KM on the counter. Is there a catch? I've been told that after a few years Jeeps thend to have a lot $$ to be put on for reparations. Should I trust a 1990 Jeep? Or should I go buy or lease a newer one? I know I would only drive it during winter and maybe a few time in summer... is it worth the money?? Or should a buy an old one at 4 or 5K and drive it around all winter without worrying?

Thanx a lot for your help!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
-D-

I think that during the summer you'll drive it a bit more than you think, pop the top off and it's just too much fun not to drive. If you're looking for a winter jeep you will probably want to look at getting a Hard Top. Also I would suggest that you look at 91 and newer since they will have Fuel Injection instead of a Carburator.. it'll probably be easier to warmup during the colder days too. Jeeps themselves are pretty reliable and the engine is dead simple as well if there are any problems. Good luck.
-D-
-D- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.