New Jeep Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > New Jeep Help

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 02-18-2003, 10:51 AM   #1
viper

New Jeep Help

Just purchased a brand new Jeep Saraha and I only have 100 miles on it. With the recent blizzard here in PA, I also used 4W for the first time. I don't know why, but when starting from a stop in 2nd, the shifter poped out of gear with a crunch 5 or 6 times while I was driving around. Ever since then, it seems that when letting the clutch out there is a click with the clutch is let out all the way, and the shifting is not as smooth as when I first started driving it. I have had 2 bad experiences with other cars and I am paranoid about noises and changes in performance. Is it my imagination or could I have done something wrong and broke something before I even started to enjoy it??? Please help!!!

viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2003, 11:00 AM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Is it possible with all the snow that some got stuck inside the shift-boot area and is causing some of your grief?

I have had many problems attributed to snow-pack in the vehicle (cars, trucks, Jeeps) .. take it to a heated parking lot, allow to melt for the day and see if it makes a difference.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2003, 11:04 AM   #3
viper

Sounds like a great idea. Forgive me for being dumb, but what is the shift boot area??? Is that something that could melt by normal driving since everything will be hot? I did notice that after wheeling around for a while that when I parked I heard all this dripping, when I looked under the Jeep, there was water pouring off of the transfer case and all the other drive train components that were hot.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2003, 11:17 AM   #4
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Shift-boot is the rubber around the stick-shifter and the t-case shifter .. it basically seperates the underside of your vehicle (dust, dirt, water, snow, etc) from the interior of your vehicle.

Snow can blow into that area, and melt/freeze causing some grief.

The snow will melt from the hot-parts of your Jeep - engine, tranny, t-case, axles and such - but when its colder out, the melting process may turn into a freezing process soon after you get out of your rig.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.