New car smell - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > New car smell

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

New car smell

So I have a new co-driver, and he doesn't seem to get that the rule is only smoke in the truck while it's moving. The mirrors have wind channels built in that create a super vacuum when you crack the windows. So now the new car smell that I've managed to preserve is completely gone.

I'm thinking about having the entire interior of this truck steam cleaned and then finding a new car smell freshener to stick in the vents when I get back home.

Any recommendations for an air freshener that actually smells like a new car and not some cheap cologne?

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
captainauti

1995 YJ Wrangler 

dont let him smoke in it........ i hate when people smoke in someone elses car.
i dont of any good air fresheners.
2011 F150 4x4 5.0 Coyote SVT Supercrew
2008 E450 v10 Jayco Greyhawk 28 (tildah)

captainauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Why did you ever allow him to smoke in your truck?

No one is ever allowed to smoke in my Jeep or truck.

Stale cigarette smoke is the worst.
Scherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
richsandwich

Just smoke something else to cover the smell cigarette smoke is the worst and never seems to go away.
richsandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

IIRC, the OP smokes as well.

OP, just buy a bunch of new car smell air fresheners and shove 'em in all the vents.
I know some car wash places has a spray bottle full of the new car smell. Go steal it.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
hawksfan
2010 JK Wrangler 

buy a new vehicle, that's what I do when the new car smell goes!!
hawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yes I smoke as well, I gave him specific instructions on smoking. Crack the window, draw the curtain, blast the center vents in the cab at a different temperature than outside. It creates some kind of air pressure thing and the mirror wind channels turn that into a super vacuum. Leave the window cracked for an additional 5-10 minutes after smoking and the truck won't smell like smoke.

He didn't listen to me so I'm gonna have a talk with him about it, in the mean time I'm trying to figure out how to at least get the smell out when we get back to the yard.

"Ohhhh your truck still has that new car smell!"

Not anymore!

EDIT: And by not listening, I meant he pounded one while at a rest area while doing his logbook. It all blew into the sleeper and I woke up to stale cigarette smell.

Still not enough power.
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Sounds complicated. My experience is that most people don't respond to complicated rules. Next time, imagine you're speaking to a monkey.
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #9
fxbrry
2007 JK Wrangler 

We just bought a 2013 Tacoma and our rule is noone can fart in the truck until the new car smell is gone. Still there after 3 months
fxbrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Farting is unavoidable in my situation. Truck stop food and the digestive system don't play nice with each other. Should hear some of these other drivers in the bathrooms, sounds like their guts are turning inside out. Some of them full sprint through the bathroom into the toilet, slam the door so hard that the doors to the left and right open up, then all you hear is desparate breathing and belt buckle fighting each other, a moan or two, zip, pants drop and within a couple milliseconds of each other it's *** on the seat followed by the sound of a whoopie cushion filled with vaseline or something. Then comes the ever so loud moan of relief followed by the infamous "oh jesus h" or "****in ****... oh god... oh god... yes!"

I finally got it through to him today, aired out the truck and I can't smell anything now. The vents still put out this clean smell, almost like the air you would smell in a static clean laboratory or something. Been blasting that all day and night.

Still not enough power.
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So I spent about 2 1/2 to 3 hours cleaning out the truck on Saturday. I used some carpet cleaner and simple green from Autozone.

Anything cloth in the truck, including the memory foam mattress all the way down to the fabric on the door panels was hit with carpet cleaner... I mean EVERYTHING cloth. Everything plastic and the cab floor was simple greened and then armor alled. I then blasted the A/C because it has this sterile air smell, and holy **** what a difference it made.

And then... it started to smell like ***** (woman parts) and ******* in the truck. After some investigation, next payday I'm going to steal my co-drivers sleeping bag and take it down to the dry cleaners since I already know he won't want to do it. He blasts the heat in the sleeper when he sleeps, so he probably sweats into it when he sleeps. I'm willing to bet that's the sleeping bag he's been using for the past 6-7 months too.

Still not enough power.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.