Never wet coating - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Never wet coating

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #16
SeniorVerde
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I bought some as soon as I could get it. I had seen the videos of all the whiz-bang stuff you could do with it and had all kinds of ideas; undercoating, light lenses, tools, boots....

It's about a half notch above snake oil. Absolutely worthless.
I tried it on boots that looked just like the leather ones on the package, even waited overnight for it all to set. My boots were a hazy blue- looked like a flocked Christmas tree. They were water proof though, 100%. Then I walked from the parking lot across some grass to my work-The harsh abrasiveness of the grass wore it off!

I read all kinds of reviews online about people's failed experiments; It dries hazy, so anything clear/wood grain/smooth is out. It rubs off extremely easy, so anything that sees dirt or friction/touch is out. People were having some luck with sinks and tubs (shower doors or mirrors are out because of the haze) until any kind of soap or chemical touched it because it cleaned the NeverWet off. Some poor schmuck sprayed the bed cover of his pickup and he said it now looks permanently sand blasted, and has now quit repelling water. I figured that with all the BBQ sauce and chocolate syrup it was repelling on YouTube, it'd do the job with oil on my oil change/tool cart. I learned that it doesn't repel motor oil, and now my red cart's flat pink (with oil stains).

It's a very narrow window of usable applications. So narrow in fact, that it would only work well on something that is so protected and seldom touched or soiled, that you're likely to not need NeverWet on it in the first place.

I'd buy some as a collectible- doubt it's around in a few years.
They should call it NeverWorks.

SeniorVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #17
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I bought some at Lowes about a month ago and tried it out on my shower curtain. It did make it water proof and still hasn't worn off but it made the thing feel like heavy canvas. I sprayed the seams of my old soft top with the part 1 too, It seems to be working a little better than scotch guard did.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #18
RammerJammerJP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I tried it out on my seats in the Jeep, and sure enough it wore off almost immediately. Second the flocked christmas tree look, too. I give it a 3/10. Worked great while it stayed on, looked like crap and wore off too fast.
RammerJammerJP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.