Never wet coating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Never wet coating

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
coastiejohn
2012 JK Wrangler 

Never wet coating

So I have been following the development of this product for about 2 years now and now they have partnered with rustolem to bring a 2 part coating system to market. As the owner of a black JKU it makes my man parts tingle at the prospect of coating the whole jeep in this. I have sent an email to the company to find out if it is automotive glass and paint safe. They have a video of them coating an iPhone so I can't I bet it could be used. At the very least as an undercoating it could do wonders for mud removal.

http://ext.homedepot.com/community/b...eums-neverwet/

Let
L

L

Le

[B]Semper Paratus![/B]

BT
NNNN
coastiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just saw this on the chive! I saw its development earlier this year and I'm glad they made it into a spray paint. I think I'm going to tape off around my windshield and try it out. For $20 it cover 15sq ft so for $40 I should be able to coat the whole jeep some day also Coastiejohn I'm a fellow coastie.
Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
CoastieShep
2001 WJ 

I wonder how that would do on my boots. Stuff looks like scotch guard on steroids. Oh, and I'm also a Coastie.
CoastieShep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
bligon64
1974 CJ5 

I tried to buy this stuff like a year+ ago for camping gear. Im cant wait to get some of this and try it out.
bligon64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
coastiejohn
2012 JK Wrangler 

As a boatswain mate I can think of hundreds of applications as long as it is clear. I ordered from Home Depot online so will start to play around with it on different stuff. I have an old pair of super boots I will try coating as well. then I will start underneath the jeep and try it out on a piece of glass in the house to see if it hazes.

[B]Semper Paratus![/B]

BT
NNNN
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
Indy

Neat idea but bet your shoes would be nasty little swamps of sweat after a day of hiking.
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastiejohn View Post
As a boatswain mate I can think of hundreds of applications as long as it is clear. I ordered from Home Depot online so will start to play around with it on different stuff. I have an old pair of super boots I will try coating as well. then I will start underneath the jeep and try it out on a piece of glass in the house to see if it hazes.
Vid says it leaves a frosted appearance on whatever you use it on, so id say no windshields.
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
coastiejohn
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
Vid says it leaves a frosted appearance on whatever you use it on, so id say no windshields.
I sent an email asking about that. One of their vids shows them coating an iPhone in and out and the front glass looked like it had no haze. But it is also why I am going to play with it off the jeep first to see what it actually does.

[B]Semper Paratus![/B]

BT
NNNN
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
Indy

If nothing else it would be a great idea inside your wheelwells and if you had a mud panel are on the rockers. I wonder how long it lasts.
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastiejohn View Post
I sent an email asking about that. One of their vids shows them coating an iPhone in and out and the front glass looked like it had no haze. But it is also why I am going to play with it off the jeep first to see what it actually does.
I saw how they did the iphone. They opened the phone and sparyed the internals. Then with a q-tip soaked in the stuff they dabbed it into the ports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

anything yet?? I want to spray my gortex so it actually resists water! The possibilities are endless.
Unread 06-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Gore-tex shouldn't need it; it has its own repellent (DWR) that reconditions itself after washing and thorough drying (most people don't realize this, but Gore-tex actually benefits from regular cleaning.) If water still doesn't bead up and roll away after that, you can always get some spray-on DWR from most outdoor stores.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #13
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I might have to wash it then, I usually just get it wet in the rain and let it dry. I'm currently stationed on the great lakes so I don't have to worry about getting salty
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
Smeg
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just saw the vid for this and I'm curious about it as well.
Friend is going to try it on his RC Cars. I can think of a few places I'd like to try it. Seats come to mind.
Smeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #15
1995_XJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I've seen people try this on other forums, it rubs off fast. On one of the gun forums a guy put it on some mags just to see and it worked amazing at first, but they did not last long

This stuff is cool, but its not ready yet. Its a step in the right direction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.