Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Never Got A Bill

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  mattboston 
#1 ·
I had a new thermostat installed in my house about a year and a half ago and still have never received a bill. I'm thinking one of two things happened or is happening.

1) They had a clerical issue and, as far as they know, I don't exist.

2) They are waiting for a few years to go by so that they can come down on me hard with thousands in late fees.

Although I would like to think number one is the more likely candidate, I just can't help thinking about the possibility of number two because the consequences would be quite severe.

I'm here to get advice. I want to just let it go and enjoy my free thermostat, but the possibility of them coming after me in the future is eating me alive. Would it even be feasible for them to come after me if I haven't received any bill in the first place. I just recently saw my credit report and there is nothing on there connected with them.

The installer told me that the company's secretary would be getting the credit started. I don't recall ever giving any information to get that going. I just signed a receipt when he was done.

See less See more
#2 ·
The most obvious question is why are you just now thinking about addressing it after a year and a half? In all honesty, if it were me, I would man up and contact them to pay for services rendered. At this point they might appreciate the honesty enough that they'll either write it off or offer a serious discount.

#6 ·
Thanks guys. I knew it was wrong. I should have payed it. I will give them a call.

#7 ·
I had a similar issue. My electric company was in the process of changing meters. The new one did not work correctly. I did get a bill but it was far less than it should have been. I called them, they fixed the meter but did not charge me for the time the meter was down. In my case we are talking less than a month’s worth of billing.

#8 ·
You know , I've had to return things before that wasn't mine rightfully.
After returning too much pay once the lady said "that was nice of me".
Well , I said , it's only fair since if you had shortened me , I'd be in here raisin' hell.
I think there's a lesson in there if you can find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.