Nevada residents - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Nevada residents

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 03-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org
 
Matt Gertsch's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 8,862
Nevada residents

What are the requirements for purchasing a firearm in Nevada?

__________________
Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
Matt Gertsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
kairo
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,418
resident for 6 months. valid drivers license / ID. not be a felon, etc. they call in your background check. takes ~ 20 minutes

Or, if you have a CCW, walk into sportsmans warehouse at 7pm on a sunday and leave in 10 minutes with the gun

I've bought alot of guns on impulse cause it's so damn easy with the carry permit.

Also, face to face sales are legal. No paperwork, just both parties have to be the legal age to purchase the firearm, and both have to be NV residents
__________________
[SIZE="1"]Was: 1979 CJ-5, 1982 CJ-7, 1995 XJ, 1991 YJ, 2006 KJ, 1979 F-150[/SIZE]
Is: 2011 Ram 1500 Hemi & '02 TJ on 35's
[url]www.reno4x4.com[/url]
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org
 
Matt Gertsch's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 8,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
resident for 6 months. valid drivers license / ID. not be a felon, etc. they call in your background check. takes ~ 20 minutes

Or, if you have a CCW, walk into sportsmans warehouse at 7pm on a sunday and leave in 10 minutes with the gun

I've bought alot of guns on impulse cause it's so damn easy with the carry permit.

Also, face to face sales are legal. No paperwork, just both parties have to be the legal age to purchase the firearm, and both have to be NV residents
What are residency requirements? Will a PO box and a cell phone bill mailed to it be enough?
__________________
Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
Matt Gertsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
kairo
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
What are residency requirements? Will a PO box and a cell phone bill mailed to it be enough?
has to be physical residency.

Also, you can get in big big trouble for purchasing say a pistol that has a 15 round capacity and bringing it back to cali

If you're willing to wait a couple months, a co-worker and I are setting up an FFL business here in town. We'll be able to sell to cali residents legally. I should be able to cut you a pretty good deal depending on what you're looking for
__________________
[SIZE="1"]Was: 1979 CJ-5, 1982 CJ-7, 1995 XJ, 1991 YJ, 2006 KJ, 1979 F-150[/SIZE]
Is: 2011 Ram 1500 Hemi & '02 TJ on 35's
[url]www.reno4x4.com[/url]
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
CMARJEEP
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,672
i have a lot of family that lives in Reno. My cousin walks into the gun shop and walks out within 30 minutes with two AK's in his hands. cant beat that for service.... NV FTW!
__________________
www.norcaljeepers.co
CMARJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org
 
Matt Gertsch's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 8,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
has to be physical residency.

Also, you can get in big big trouble for purchasing say a pistol that has a 15 round capacity and bringing it back to cali

If you're willing to wait a couple months, a co-worker and I are setting up an FFL business here in town. We'll be able to sell to cali residents legally. I should be able to cut you a pretty good deal depending on what you're looking for
I'm looking for Cali legal stuff mostly, I'm just looking to buy it before my wife realizes that the money is gone. I'm about to start a job in Nevada and commute back and forth. Also, if I can procure these items in Nevada, that means that Cali has no record of them.
__________________
Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
Matt Gertsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
MarkoPo
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillsdale, Michigan
Posts: 538
Did you ever get your M1A1 or are you still waiting on that too?
__________________
05 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi
06 pontiac Torrent AWD
96 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 newest edition to the family.
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
kairo
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
I'm looking for Cali legal stuff mostly, I'm just looking to buy it before my wife realizes that the money is gone. I'm about to start a job in Nevada and commute back and forth. Also, if I can procure these items in Nevada, that means that Cali has no record of them.
where's your job gonna be at?
__________________
[SIZE="1"]Was: 1979 CJ-5, 1982 CJ-7, 1995 XJ, 1991 YJ, 2006 KJ, 1979 F-150[/SIZE]
Is: 2011 Ram 1500 Hemi & '02 TJ on 35's
[url]www.reno4x4.com[/url]
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org
 
Matt Gertsch's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 8,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
where's your job gonna be at?
I'd be based out of Elko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPo View Post
Did you ever get your M1A1 or are you still waiting on that too?
No, that's one of the things that I'd be picking up. They're really hard to come by in Cali.
__________________
Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
Matt Gertsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #10
kairo
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,418
dude that's a LONGGGGG commute. you stayin for like a week on, week off?
__________________
[SIZE="1"]Was: 1979 CJ-5, 1982 CJ-7, 1995 XJ, 1991 YJ, 2006 KJ, 1979 F-150[/SIZE]
Is: 2011 Ram 1500 Hemi & '02 TJ on 35's
[url]www.reno4x4.com[/url]
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,706
From everything I've ever read, Cali sucks.

Shame on you for living there.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org
 
Matt Gertsch's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 8,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo View Post
dude that's a LONGGGGG commute. you stayin for like a week on, week off?
30 days of 12 hours shifts then 15 days off. The company flies me from Redding into Elko, gets me a hotel room and pays per diem, then flies me back into Redding. If I choose to drive, they'll reimburse gas.
__________________
Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
Matt Gertsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org
 
Matt Gertsch's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 8,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
From everything I've ever read, Cali sucks.

Shame on you for living there.
Yeah, if this job takes off, I might have to relocate.
__________________
Derpy Hooves for President in 2012
Matt Gertsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
Boreal
Web Wheeler
 
Boreal's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central, Utah
Posts: 3,055
Wow. Elko? Really?

What are you going to do for those 12 hours off? I feel bad for ya

I think I'm going diving out at Blue Lake at the end of this month again. If you take your car and are up to the 109 mile drive to Wendover, I'll buy you dinner. All you can eat seafood buffet on Friday nights
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #15
kairo
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
Yeah, if this job takes off, I might have to relocate.
move to reno and we can be buddies
__________________
[SIZE="1"]Was: 1979 CJ-5, 1982 CJ-7, 1995 XJ, 1991 YJ, 2006 KJ, 1979 F-150[/SIZE]
Is: 2011 Ram 1500 Hemi & '02 TJ on 35's
[url]www.reno4x4.com[/url]
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.