Netflix streaming is kind of nice - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Netflix streaming is kind of nice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #16
rentalguy1

I started with a 2 week trial, too. Got with the XBox Live membership. We've been subscribing to Netflix for a year now. We are on the one movie at a time plan. It's nice that you don't have to go out to get a movie, and if you don't have time to watch the one have for several days, no sweat. Also, when there's nothing on the tube you can just fire up the XBox and stream a movie. The wife and son watched the first two episodes of the original Star Trek on it today. That season is only going to be on there for about another week though, for anyone interested.

rentalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
KHoff90

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
Just go sign up for a free trial and you will see (:
lol good point

PSN: KHoff128
KHoff90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #18
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinothPro View Post
they need to put subtitles no matter what because it will be so much easier for deaf, hard of hearing people to enjoy something same way as hearing people do everyday.
I disagree. As much as I would like to see them make subtitles available, I don't think they have any moral obligation to do so, nor should be required to do so by any government entity. They should only do so if it enhances value for their shareholders.

Personally, I would find their streaming service more useful if they would allow customers to enable subtitles.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball128 View Post
lol good point
You might even be able to see what's available via streaming WITHOUT signing up (:
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #20
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I disagree. As much as I would like to see them make subtitles available, I don't think they have any moral obligation to do so, nor should be required to do so by any government entity. They should only do so if it enhances value for their shareholders.

Personally, I would find their streaming service more useful if they would allow customers to enable subtitles.
I meant offer us a option. I am not saying we should force everybody to have subtitles on everything.
PrinothPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #21
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinothPro View Post
I meant offer us a option. I am not saying we should force everybody to have subtitles on everything.
I know you are talking about an option. All I was saying is Netflix should not be legally forced to offer that option. Netflix should continue to have the OPTION of offering the option.
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #22
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Quote:
I know you are talking about an option. All I was saying is Netflix should not be legally forced to offer that option. Netflix should continue to have the OPTION of offering the option.
Ahhhh toooooo manyyyy options!!!
[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club- Tail# JF064NG[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
ANGJetMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #23
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free. is also pretty sweet, but i don't know if you've got the option
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #24
trailblaze
2004 WJ 

i bought a samsung BD player just yesterday. the streaming is sweet!
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #25
elfamiglia
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball128 View Post
I was curious about the online streaming. How new are the movies that are available to watch? I just got my family a blu-ray player and am just wondering if we should sign up.
Nothing new or recent. Another nagative is that you cannot fast forward through the movie. However it does 'remember' where you left off that last time you opened the movie.

Sign up for a free unless you are afraid of giving out your credit card numbers.
elfamiglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #26
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I know hulu.com. They are pretty sweet. I go on that quite often.

I just think they should be legally forced to offer us option because it will cost them money to be able to offer us the option. I am pretty sure they will not do it, they will just want to save $$$ as all companies do. Being legally forced makes them and others aware of how big this issue is for deaf/hoh people. Just my opinion.
PrinothPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #27
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGJetMech View Post
How well do these stream over the internet? I thought about doing this on my PS3. Does it have problems with buffering all the time, or do you have to wait for it to load a little bit before you start watching?
They stream just fine, but first it will check your bandwidth and adjust the quality accordingly so that it won't run out of buffer space and have that problem. It pretty much loads right up and plays, but skipping around in the timeline will take a little longer than a DVD.

The only downside is that if you have really high-end equipment, the compression will be more pronounced.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #28
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Being legally forced makes them and others aware of how big this issue is for deaf/hoh people. Just my opinion.
No, what it does is increase the costs for EVERYONE for the benefit of a small segment of the customers.

How would you feel if subtitles were an option, but to get subtitles for a movie, there was a $5/movie fee? If you said anything along the lines of "against it" or "wouldn't like it" - then that's just proof you want everyone else to pay the costs for your benefit.
Unread 12-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #29
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGJetMech View Post
How well do these stream over the internet? I thought about doing this on my PS3. Does it have problems with buffering all the time, or do you have to wait for it to load a little bit before you start watching?
It works well, provided you have good internet connection. Most of the time my stuff comes in at full quality and in HD. if a few of us are running our PC's on the internet though, it'll slow down a bit.

takes about 30 seconds to load and buffer enough for you to watch the movie uniterrupted.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #30
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
It works well, provided you have good internet connection.
FWIW, my wife and I can watch two different things on Netflix on two different computers with no ill effects.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.