Need some quick help here. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 01:58 PM
BlindmeXJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Little Rock AFB, AR
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewalk View Post
I am sorry u feel this way.. I have a wrangler on 33s... my friend has a cherokee on 33s and follows me everywhere!!! he also has better rear axle than my wrangler. i hate this wrangler cherokee bash...ITS A JEEP EITHER WAY
^^^Well said

1996 Cherokee Sport
BlindmeXJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Sunshine316
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Springfield
Posts: 28
I'm sending him some NAXJA swag

"Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ---Benjamin Franklin
Sunshine316 is offline  
post #18 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 02:22 PM
RX7TT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewalk View Post
I am sorry u feel this way.. I have a wrangler on 33s... my friend has a cherokee on 33s and follows me everywhere!!! he also has better rear axle than my wrangler. i hate this wrangler cherokee bash...ITS A JEEP EITHER WAY
Feel what way? I have nothing against Cherokees. I just wouldn't sell a Camaro for one.

My argument is simple. If I have an MX-3, I could modify it to be faster than a stock RX-7. This does not make it a sports car, it's still just a sport compact. Both are Mazdas, both are not sports cars. Cherokee and Wrangler. Both are Jeeps, not both are jeeps.
RX7TT is offline  
post #19 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Sunshine316
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Springfield
Posts: 28
Just because you cant see air doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Just because you dont think a cherokee is a jeep doesnt mean its true.

Lawlz.

"Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ---Benjamin Franklin
Sunshine316 is offline  
post #20 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 03:21 PM
PhilipJ
Registered User
 
PhilipJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7TT View Post
An XJ won't fit on the trails I like to wheel.
Your ego fits, the XJ should be fine with room to spare.

'94-'99 XJ's are actually slightly narrower than TJ's.

Can't see anything wrong with the one in the ad, assuming the handling is tight. Seems well-built. Although he mentions the cat being deleted, which is illegal.
PhilipJ is offline  
post #21 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 03:31 PM
FreemasonJeeper
Registered User
 
FreemasonJeeper's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,024
I don't mind the friendly rivalry between Jeep owners as long as it's all in good fun, but this guy is a ****.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FreemasonJeeper is offline  
post #22 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 03:42 PM
R U STUCK
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,986
Patriots and the Compass are the BESToffroad vehicles Jeep makes. Your TJ's,CJ's and XJ's can't climb a curb.

You wait and see I will take a Patriot to Potato Salad hill and outwheel all of you. And I will have my daughters Barbie Jeep their to pull me out. AND and it has Jeep written on it.

'04 TJ Rocky Mountain, 4" Fabtech, Sitting on 35"s
Jeep Selling Guru...
IG: R_U_STUCK
R U STUCK is offline  
post #23 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Nick
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7TT View Post
Feel what way? I have nothing against Cherokees. I just wouldn't sell a Camaro for one.

My argument is simple. If I have an MX-3, I could modify it to be faster than a stock RX-7. This does not make it a sports car, it's still just a sport compact. Both are Mazdas, both are not sports cars. Cherokee and Wrangler. Both are Jeeps, not both are jeeps.
Please explain the differences.

It's you, and the other Wrangler owners who share your attitude of superiority that give you guys a bad reputation. You know, the reputation for being complete arrogant ****ers.

2001 WJ | 4.7L V8 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hemi Club Member 60

1990 White XJ Laredo [Sold]
2000 Silverstone XJ Classic [Sold]
2006 Dodge Charger RT Hemi [Sold]
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee [Current]


Xbox Live gamertag: XJ Nickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcMuff View Post
Banned for being the cooler Nick
Nick is offline  
post #24 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 03:53 PM
dwbrown
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: McGuire AFB
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Your ego fits, the XJ should be fine with room to spare.
RX, Need some ice for that burn?

USAF
dwbrown is offline  
post #25 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 03:59 PM
RX7TT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Please explain the differences.

It's you, and the other Wrangler owners who share your view of superiority that give you guys a bad reputation. You know, the reputation for being complete arrogant ****ers.
Sure, the difference is, I always try to say what I mean. A sports car is a small, light, rear wheel drive car that can be fast but doesn't have to be. Always handles exceptionally well, and usually is a hard top or convertible, but could have a targa top, T-tops, or sunroof.

Jeep is a brand. Like Mazda or Audi or Chrysler. A jeep is a vehicle with a very specific body style, like a CJ, MBJ, Wrangler, or even a Samurai.

I have no problem with XJs or WKs or KKs or any other not jeep SUV. They just aren't jeeps. You're the ones with the Napoleon complex, trying to say you have what you don't. If you have an XJ or ZJ or any other Cherokee type vehicle, you could obviously afford some sort of jeep. It has nothing to do with status or money and everything to do with accuracy.
RX7TT is offline  
post #26 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 04:03 PM
dwbrown
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: McGuire AFB
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7TT View Post
Sure, the difference is, I always try to say what I mean. A sports car is a small, light, rear wheel drive car that can be fast but doesn't have to be. Always handles exceptionally well, and usually is a hard top or convertible, but could have a targa top, T-tops, or sunroof.

Jeep is a brand. Like Mazda or Audi or Chrysler. A jeep is a vehicle with a very specific body style, like a CJ, MBJ, Wrangler, or even a Samurai.

I have no problem with XJs or WKs or KKs or any other not jeep SUV. They just aren't jeeps. You're the ones with the Napoleon complex, trying to say you have what you don't. If you have an XJ or ZJ or any other Cherokee type vehicle, you could obviously afford some sort of jeep. It has nothing to do with status or money and everything to do with accuracy.
Please, tell me where in this article it says that it is only a Jeep if it has a CJ like body. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep

USAF
dwbrown is offline  
post #27 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Nick
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7TT View Post
Sure, the difference is, I always try to say what I mean. A sports car is a small, light, rear wheel drive car that can be fast but doesn't have to be. Always handles exceptionally well, and usually is a hard top or convertible, but could have a targa top, T-tops, or sunroof.

Jeep is a brand. Like Mazda or Audi or Chrysler. A jeep is a vehicle with a very specific body style, like a CJ, MBJ, Wrangler, or even a Samurai.

I have no problem with XJs or WKs or KKs or any other not jeep SUV. They just aren't jeeps. You're the ones with the Napoleon complex, trying to say you have what you don't. If you have an XJ or ZJ or any other Cherokee type vehicle, you could obviously afford some sort of jeep. It has nothing to do with status or money and everything to do with accuracy.
By your own definition and examples, you're contradicting yourself. Jeep is a brand, yes, and by definition everything branded under the Jeep name qualifies as a Jeep. So, now that we've cleared that up, what else is left to question?

I fail to see how an XJ, WJ, or ZJ do not qualify as a Jeep. But, this argument if pointless; because even if you do come around and see the err in your thinking, there are still thousands of Wrangler owners worldwide who suffer from the same superiority complex.

2001 WJ | 4.7L V8 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hemi Club Member 60

1990 White XJ Laredo [Sold]
2000 Silverstone XJ Classic [Sold]
2006 Dodge Charger RT Hemi [Sold]
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee [Current]


Xbox Live gamertag: XJ Nickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcMuff View Post
Banned for being the cooler Nick
Nick is offline  
post #28 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 04:09 PM
scootz
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: asheville
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7TT View Post
Sure, the difference is, I always try to say what I mean. A sports car is a small, light, rear wheel drive car that can be fast but doesn't have to be. Always handles exceptionally well, and usually is a hard top or convertible, but could have a targa top, T-tops, or sunroof.

Jeep is a brand. Like Mazda or Audi or Chrysler. A jeep is a vehicle with a very specific body style, like a CJ, MBJ, Wrangler, or even a Samurai.

I have no problem with XJs or WKs or KKs or any other not jeep SUV. They just aren't jeeps. You're the ones with the Napoleon complex, trying to say you have what you don't. If you have an XJ or ZJ or any other Cherokee type vehicle, you could obviously afford some sort of jeep. It has nothing to do with status or money and everything to do with accuracy.
you are wrong on a few points. One obvious one. A jeep is a car company there is no jeep "style" there is a jeep company, that makes many different types of vehicles. TJ, JK, XJ, WJ, and so on.

What you are saying is that a ranger may be made by ford but its not a truck because its no as easily identifible as an f150. Or a diesel is the only real truck because it can pull more than a 1/4ton truck. Do you see where you logic fails here?

You are talking about accuracy, yet you are not accurate on most of the points you have made. Saying a XJ is not a jeep is just plain stupid.
scootz is offline  
post #29 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
RX7TT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 206
You guys are still using capital J's, that article clearly states "Jeep is an automobile marque of Chrysler." Jeep with a capital J is a brand.

I don't see how I could be errant is not disliking Cherokees and whatnot. You seem rather insecure about your vehicle. If I wanted a Cherokee, I don't think I'd be so up tight about what it is.
RX7TT is offline  
post #30 of 80 Old 06-22-2011, 04:13 PM
RX7TT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootz View Post
you are wrong on a few points. One obvious one. A jeep is a car company there is no Jeep "style" there is a Jeep company, that makes many different types of vehicles. TJ, JK, XJ, WJ, and so on.

What you are saying is that a Ranger may be made by Ford but its not a truck because its no as easily identifible as an f150. Or a diesel is the only real truck because it can pull more than a 1/4ton truck. Do you see where you logic fails here?

You are talking about accuracy, yet you are not accurate on most of the points you have made. Saying a XJ is not a Jeep is just plain stupid.
Corrected for what you meant to say. Clearly, you lack the ability to grasp the grammatical difference between upper case and lower case.

Bob bobs for apples, bob doesn't Bob for apples. I thought this was third grade stuff. Perhaps, you are indeed, not smarter than a fifth grader.
RX7TT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome