Need some quick help here. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Need some quick help here.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #16
BlindmeXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewalk View Post
I am sorry u feel this way.. I have a wrangler on 33s... my friend has a cherokee on 33s and follows me everywhere!!! he also has better rear axle than my wrangler. i hate this wrangler cherokee bash...ITS A JEEP EITHER WAY
^^^Well said

Unread 06-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #17
Sunshine316
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sending him some NAXJA swag
Unread 06-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
RX7TT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewalk View Post
I am sorry u feel this way.. I have a wrangler on 33s... my friend has a cherokee on 33s and follows me everywhere!!! he also has better rear axle than my wrangler. i hate this wrangler cherokee bash...ITS A JEEP EITHER WAY
Feel what way? I have nothing against Cherokees. I just wouldn't sell a Camaro for one.

My argument is simple. If I have an MX-3, I could modify it to be faster than a stock RX-7. This does not make it a sports car, it's still just a sport compact. Both are Mazdas, both are not sports cars. Cherokee and Wrangler. Both are Jeeps, not both are jeeps.
RX7TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #19
Sunshine316
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just because you cant see air doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Just because you dont think a cherokee is a jeep doesnt mean its true.

Lawlz.
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #20
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7TT View Post
An XJ won't fit on the trails I like to wheel.
Your ego fits, the XJ should be fine with room to spare.

'94-'99 XJ's are actually slightly narrower than TJ's.

Can't see anything wrong with the one in the ad, assuming the handling is tight. Seems well-built. Although he mentions the cat being deleted, which is illegal.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #21
FreemasonJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I don't mind the friendly rivalry between Jeep owners as long as it's all in good fun, but this guy is a ****.
FreemasonJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #22
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Patriots and the Compass are the BESToffroad vehicles Jeep makes. Your TJ's,CJ's and XJ's can't climb a curb.

You wait and see I will take a Patriot to Potato Salad hill and outwheel all of you. And I will have my daughters Barbie Jeep their to pull me out. AND and it has Jeep written on it.
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #23
Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Feel what way? I have nothing against Cherokees. I just wouldn't sell a Camaro for one.

My argument is simple. If I have an MX-3, I could modify it to be faster than a stock RX-7. This does not make it a sports car, it's still just a sport compact. Both are Mazdas, both are not sports cars. Cherokee and Wrangler. Both are Jeeps, not both are jeeps.
Please explain the differences.

It's you, and the other Wrangler owners who share your attitude of superiority that give you guys a bad reputation. You know, the reputation for being complete arrogant ****ers.
2001 WJ | 4.7L V8 | Utah Jeepcrew #19 | Hemi Club Member 60

1990 White XJ Laredo [Sold]
2000 Silverstone XJ Classic [Sold]
2006 Dodge Charger RT Hemi [Sold]
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee [Current]

Xbox Live gamertag: XJ Nickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcMuff View Post
Banned for being the cooler Nick
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #24
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Your ego fits, the XJ should be fine with room to spare.
RX, Need some ice for that burn?
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #25
RX7TT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Please explain the differences.

It's you, and the other Wrangler owners who share your view of superiority that give you guys a bad reputation. You know, the reputation for being complete arrogant ****ers.
Sure, the difference is, I always try to say what I mean. A sports car is a small, light, rear wheel drive car that can be fast but doesn't have to be. Always handles exceptionally well, and usually is a hard top or convertible, but could have a targa top, T-tops, or sunroof.

Jeep is a brand. Like Mazda or Audi or Chrysler. A jeep is a vehicle with a very specific body style, like a CJ, MBJ, Wrangler, or even a Samurai.

I have no problem with XJs or WKs or KKs or any other not jeep SUV. They just aren't jeeps. You're the ones with the Napoleon complex, trying to say you have what you don't. If you have an XJ or ZJ or any other Cherokee type vehicle, you could obviously afford some sort of jeep. It has nothing to do with status or money and everything to do with accuracy.
Unread 06-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #26
dwbrown
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sure, the difference is, I always try to say what I mean. A sports car is a small, light, rear wheel drive car that can be fast but doesn't have to be. Always handles exceptionally well, and usually is a hard top or convertible, but could have a targa top, T-tops, or sunroof.

Jeep is a brand. Like Mazda or Audi or Chrysler. A jeep is a vehicle with a very specific body style, like a CJ, MBJ, Wrangler, or even a Samurai.

I have no problem with XJs or WKs or KKs or any other not jeep SUV. They just aren't jeeps. You're the ones with the Napoleon complex, trying to say you have what you don't. If you have an XJ or ZJ or any other Cherokee type vehicle, you could obviously afford some sort of jeep. It has nothing to do with status or money and everything to do with accuracy.
Please, tell me where in this article it says that it is only a Jeep if it has a CJ like body. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep
Unread 06-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #27
Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:

By your own definition and examples, you're contradicting yourself. Jeep is a brand, yes, and by definition everything branded under the Jeep name qualifies as a Jeep. So, now that we've cleared that up, what else is left to question?

I fail to see how an XJ, WJ, or ZJ do not qualify as a Jeep. But, this argument if pointless; because even if you do come around and see the err in your thinking, there are still thousands of Wrangler owners worldwide who suffer from the same superiority complex.
2001 WJ | 4.7L V8 | Utah Jeepcrew #19 | Hemi Club Member 60

1990 White XJ Laredo [Sold]
2000 Silverstone XJ Classic [Sold]
2006 Dodge Charger RT Hemi [Sold]
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee [Current]

Xbox Live gamertag: XJ Nickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcMuff View Post
Banned for being the cooler Nick
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #28
scootz
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

you are wrong on a few points. One obvious one. A jeep is a car company there is no jeep "style" there is a jeep company, that makes many different types of vehicles. TJ, JK, XJ, WJ, and so on.

What you are saying is that a ranger may be made by ford but its not a truck because its no as easily identifible as an f150. Or a diesel is the only real truck because it can pull more than a 1/4ton truck. Do you see where you logic fails here?

You are talking about accuracy, yet you are not accurate on most of the points you have made. Saying a XJ is not a jeep is just plain stupid.
scootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #29
RX7TT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You guys are still using capital J's, that article clearly states "Jeep is an automobile marque of Chrysler." Jeep with a capital J is a brand.

I don't see how I could be errant is not disliking Cherokees and whatnot. You seem rather insecure about your vehicle. If I wanted a Cherokee, I don't think I'd be so up tight about what it is.
Unread 06-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #30
RX7TT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootz View Post
you are wrong on a few points. One obvious one. A jeep is a car company there is no Jeep "style" there is a Jeep company, that makes many different types of vehicles. TJ, JK, XJ, WJ, and so on.

What you are saying is that a Ranger may be made by Ford but its not a truck because its no as easily identifible as an f150. Or a diesel is the only real truck because it can pull more than a 1/4ton truck. Do you see where you logic fails here?

You are talking about accuracy, yet you are not accurate on most of the points you have made. Saying a XJ is not a Jeep is just plain stupid.
Corrected for what you meant to say. Clearly, you lack the ability to grasp the grammatical difference between upper case and lower case.

Bob bobs for apples, bob doesn't Bob for apples. I thought this was third grade stuff. Perhaps, you are indeed, not smarter than a fifth grader.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.