Need relationship advice - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Need relationship advice

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #16
joe452
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcrackel View Post
I do help pay the mortgage and other bills. In fact I give her my pay check and we pay everything together but it is still her house.

If this is the case then it sounds like she doesn’t respect the fact that this is also your house, and if this is the case I would settle that issue first. Like it has been said he who has the mama bear on there side wins. I would suggest sitting down and talking to your girlfriend about this before you approach the daughter.

Blue Jeep club Member #174.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpaintball70 View Post
Stop your logic, it had no place here
joe452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #17
PITBULL1967
2013 JK Wrangler 

You should do the best to find common ground with the daughter try to mend things between you and her or it will only get worse. I have had problems with my moms new husband. It will tear the house apart until you do, If you continue your way of just leaving it will only get worse for you. I haven't spoken with my moms husband in 2 years. And we live in the same house...
PITBULL1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
helicase50
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The fact that the daughter will say things is the issue. She can say something and it can ruin the rest of your life. It could mean jail time. Your gf may not be allowed to stand up for you or it can be "is it the truth". You should not be in the same room, if you can you should leave the house. You need to try and make your gf understand

[COLOR="Purple"]Yes, I'm a girl, I drive a TJ and like to get it dirty. Yes, I like boys. Get over it. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]Live Fun, Ride Fast, Die Pretty ~ Chic Riders M[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=vindicated;11072220]
Did I ever mention I loved you? :kiss:
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11072442]Hey! That's my woman you're hitting on there! <:mad:>
[/QUOTE]
Be Jealous
helicase50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #19
CJunk
1984 CJ7 

Just picture what your life will be like in this situation ten years from now. What bothers you now will be ten fold in the future.
Been there... (same idea but different situation) She was a good person but her kid was not. I stuck around until my body told me to leave, stomach aches, anxiety attacks, take your pick. I'm out of there now and feel like a million bucks.
Also, its partly the mothers fault why her kid is like that. When you figure that out you will know what I mean.
(by the way my advise is to get outta there)
CJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
At a minimum I would never be alone without another adult there; false accusations can still stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS View Post
Just be patient, It will get better. The daughter needs to know you are not going anywhere.
It is her daughter, she should be always be welcome. You are with a woman with kids, it is a package deal. Like it or not.
You should never put your girlfreind in a situation where she has to pick between you and her daughter. These are her kids, sometimes you will have to bite your tongue.
If you can not handle it then yes you should leave.
Best two answers so far.

You are between a rock and a hard place.
You need to sit your GF down and tell her how you feel, and suggest you all go to counseling to find out what is going on with the daughter. You know what it is, but SHE doesn't. She's rebelling against ANYBODY that is with her mom. Don't take it personally, if not you, it would be somebody else.
If she refuses to go to counseling with you, then you know she doesn't want to try at all. It's going to be a never ending battle at that point.
So if that is the case, do YOURSELF a favor, and move on. It will be tough, but you have to do it.
Eventually that girl will accuse you of molesting her or exposing yourself or hitting her or who knows what. It's not worth ruining your life over.
Thre are TONS of women out there. Seriously, TONS. Do you need this headache?
Just tell your GF that if she won't go to counseling to iron this out, you will get a place of your own and you can still see each other away from her daughter.
Pay attention to this sentence: You will NEVER be more important than her daughter, period.
If her daughter was a good kid, it wouldn't matter if she was more important.

That's my .02 worth.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.