need advice on a new soft top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > need advice on a new soft top

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
heyjuice311

need advice on a new soft top

hey i have a 2001 jeep wrangler with a stock soft top set up right now.. well its been through hell and now i need a new one. is there any advice you could give me on which brands are better and which to stay away from. im lookin to spend 400-700 on a new one hopefully no more.. im a college student so i'm trying to get the best quality for least i need to spend... any advice would be great!

heyjuice311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
2000tjkid
2000 TJ Wrangler 

In my experience the bestop replacement tops are good. I would recommend the sailcloth replace a top because it is a heavier fabric that uses the factory hardware and is a lot quieter than the stock top. It is about $600.
2000tjkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
heyjuice311

any comments on whether to get tinted or not tinted? i have not tinted but like my windows are kinda hard to see out from being old..and i wondered if the tinted would be a problem? just curious
heyjuice311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
2000tjkid
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjuice311 View Post
any comments on whether to get tinted or not tinted? i have not tinted but like my windows are kinda hard to see out from being old..and i wondered if the tinted would be a problem? just curious
I own the soft top with clear windows. It really doesn't matter which one you choose, it is more a choice of personal preference.
2000tjkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2010, 06:18 AM   #5
NewdRiver_
1985 CJ7 

Bestop made the factory tops, so a Replace-A-Top would be a direct replacement.

My buddy with a TJ switched from a factory top to a Supertop from a factory style top and loves not having to deal with door surrounds although it is a bit draftier.

I used a Supertop on my old YJ and have one now on my CJ. Love them. Easy to put up and down. Have to stand on bumper with the lift though!

Than again, a lot of people rave about the Sailcloth Replace-A-Tops. Quieter, warmer.

Next time, post in the TJ Technical Forum please.
NewdRiver_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.