National Topless Day Feb. 3rd 2009 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > National Topless Day Feb. 3rd 2009

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Closed Thread
Unread 11-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #61
etjoyride
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Alright, well if i can manage to get our CJ brought in from the ranch then i'm in. Although being in TX it will probably be 40+ still worth a shot i suppose.

Unread 11-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #62
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
naw you can have it. my suggestion was to start the points at a mid point this time. like 50*. so for ever * above or below 50 you would get a point so that the people in the warmer areas can join in without having something against them

also id like to keep the stickers the same or really close to it and to make it tradition to try and keep it on the 3rd as well as the prize to be a member ship. just my thoughts for this holiday of ours
Cool. I'll start writing up the rules.

The temperature thing I'm going to need to take a pretty close look at, since it seems that the way it was set up last year, it was impossible to win unless you lived in a REALLY cold part of the world. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2008, 11:22 PM   #63
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I think it was 70* here last year. And this year I might be in florida.
Unread 11-26-2008, 12:47 AM   #64
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

So, would everyone be cool with 2 awards? I was thinking of a rather unbiased score system, so the Jeepers down South have a chance, with the prize for that scoring system being a 1 year Membership, and a second prize, for the craziest Jeeper on JeepForum? The second prize would be something like a trophy or a gift certificate or something. I really want to see everyone participate, but we've got to have something going for the folks up North who are going out with the top off, windshield down, doors off, in 4' of snow at 15*f in boxers and snowboard goggles. . . Maybe a bottle of cough syrup and a gift certificate to a Pharmacy?

If anyone has any suggestions that they want to share, feel free. If there is something you liked about the 2008 event, or would like to see added for 2009, please PM me or post up here. I will post up a final thread for everyone to submit pictures when the day draws nearer. . .

Rules for Participation and Eligibility will be posted soon.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #65
pmccoy9876
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in. Put it in my profile already!
Are you insane? Do you have any idea how many slip-and-fall accidents are caused by carelessly discarded banana peels? This is a crime of Vaudevillian proportions and must not be tolerated in a civilized society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCJ2A View Post
I have no input of any value to this thread but those are awesome.
'No Solution' Build Thread
pmccoy9876 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #66
Mr_bob
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in like everyone said already down here in texas it will be nice and warm
Mr_bob is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:20 AM   #67
dawnskaybug
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Im in guam where it never is colder than 72 and Im taking the top/doors/windshield off thsi weekend so count me in!!
1200 series Tractor tires (37x10)
Warn winch stinger
Lotsa trail damage
dawnskaybug is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:51 AM   #68
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Alright. I guess this is gonna be a big event! I think I'm going to see what I can come up with for making a trophy, if anyone has any Jeep-specific parts they would be willing to donate, I would REALLY appreciate it. Brake rotors, cam, crank, pistons, emblems, hinges, anything steel will work. I'm going to break out the welder and make a "Craziest Jeeper Award" for the person who gets the highest score using the 2008 scoring system (with a couple of changes, of course ). The way I figure it, the "Craziest Jeeper Award" is something that can be passed on to the new winner each year, or kept somewhere and engraved with the winner's username and the year they won . . .

I'm trying to come up with a fair rules system for those of us who live in the warmer climates, which is extremely difficult right now. . . I've got an idea, when I get that all figured out, I'll post them up to make sure we can all agree on them.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-26-2008, 03:45 AM   #69
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirt View Post
Haha, I actually found out I had Mono a couple of days after topless day last year.
Well, maybe I'll include a $10 gift certificate to CVS or Walgreens or something with the trophy. That's actually a good idea. lol

As far as the decals go, I'm going to check with some of our vendors. Does anyone have a picture of last year's decal? I don't know what it looked like. I'll see what I can do about getting them a little smaller this year, maybe I'll switch the colors around a little bit. Same design, new color, and it will have "2009" on it or "2nd Annual" or something like that.

Keep the suggestions coming, we want this to be the best Topless Day it can be!

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-26-2008, 03:53 AM   #70
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just so you know feb 3rd is a tuesday. Shouldnt we do it on a sunday or saturday? Like the first sunday of the month.
Unread 11-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #71
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-jeep-01 View Post
Im in. But the stickers should be smaller.

And you need to have a license to enter. haha!
NO!

I just want the Jeep to rock that boobie sticker
Camo Deere is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 07:52 AM   #72
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

OK I'm in since I am in the south and may be up north on that day. Do we get any bonus points if its a hardtop and we have no garage or shed. Chances are I will be at a relatives house in the snow unbolting a hardtop and driving around. Bad part is when I get done I can't just pull into a garage out of the elements and put it back on. I'll be doing it out in the snow. Now I don't mind doing that because I'm rather insane. But can I at least get an asterisk. *this dumb *** took off a hardtop in below freezing temp. to win a gift certificate to golden corral ( and lost )

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 08:12 AM   #73
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i'm in. if i don't have to work i should have some crafty plans for craziest jeeper. in high school my cross country coach bet the team that for the 5 mile run someone had to do the entire loop in nothing but a man thong and running shoes. Well all I can say is I won that bet and was chaffed for a week........

We need a sticker with square headlights. with the advancements in modern technology not only could this be a new trend to have chicks with square tits but it could give a whole new flavor to your love life..... something to consider
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #74
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

sounds good! Added to sig. Hopefully it snows around that time so I can go wheelin' as well!
H3RTCH is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #75
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-jeep-01 View Post
Just so you know feb 3rd is a tuesday. Shouldnt we do it on a sunday or saturday? Like the first sunday of the month.
I completely forgot about choosing a date. . .

The Tentative Date for National Topless Day 2009 is February 8. Sunday would probably work best, since most people don't have to work.

*It should be stated that participation is not exclusive to 2/8, if you can't participate on 2/8, you can participate on an earlier date, but you MUST specify what date and time you participate, so I can verify weather conditions. No submissions will be accepted before February 2, and none will be accepted after 2400 February 8. The winners will be announced after all submissions are in, and I have completed scoring.

Rules are nearly complete, they will be posted in a separate thread when the date draws nearer, and I will create a photo submission thread on Monday, February 2nd, 2009.

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.