National Topless day!!!!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > National Topless day!!!!!!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-22-2007, 03:16 AM   #31
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Alright, here's a quick one I did in a few minutes:

It's a start, what else does everyone have?

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 03:31 AM   #32
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbud
The month of May is a tough time for us folks in the Northeast. It might be nice for others, but not here usually. It's gotta be a time that is well suited for everyone.

I agree, though, SPDNYPR that someone start a poll.

I'm lousy at googling, but it would be cool if we could find out the day and month the Jeep was invented (or it's birthday).

{being my luck it would be January or February }

doc
"This prototype was developed by the Army and Bantam in the summer of 1940, with Bantam building and delivering the first vehicle to Camp Holabird, Maryland, on September 23, 1940."

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/thehistoryof/80558/

1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:33 AM   #33
MeatPuppet
2002 TJ Wrangler 

May 4th - proposed date.

Here's my

Summer won't be very effective unless we all head to Australia.

I'm gonna have my top off everyday that it doesn't rain anyway.

If you want to draw attention, do it when it is still mild. This way people will say to the first 2 or 3 jeeps they see... "look at that idiot, it's too cold to have the top off". Then after they've seen 20 they will be like... "whoa, there must be something going on because all those idiots have their tops off and its really not nice enough yet".

My opinion.

I say Quatro de Mayo. That's May 4th. It's a Friday. It might be nice, then again. If it is nice you can leave the top off for cervezas on Saturday.
Unread 02-22-2007, 04:50 AM   #34
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

No one would care. With the 'Jeep Wave' and all, jeepers think they are all kindred spirits anyway (IMO, maybe here, but in general they are not), so it wouldn't matter. The rest of the population doesn't care. Maybe as you type here the Mazda forum people are having a 'Topless Miata Day' plaanned for July. Would you ever notice? No.
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:13 AM   #35
xj9598
1999 TJ Wrangler 

September 23 sounds good...We really need to get a poll going to decide which date. Here in indiana it could still be pretty warm but then again its Indiana and it might not be.
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:19 AM   #36
ronprice

I like true jeep devotion, and by having it on Jan. 1st would be a devoted jeeper. But the 4th is not to bad of an idea. I go topless or semi topless all the time so any day is a good day.
Unread 02-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #37
PDX_XJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Am I the only one who thinks having a topless day in the middle of summer is kinda pointless?

a) Most of us are topless for months prior and afterward anyway.
b) Nobody else (i.e. non-jeepers) are going to realize we're celebrating anything.
c) Did I mention it isn't unusual to have topless Jeeps in the middle of summer?

December 1 gets my vote!
Unread 02-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #38
black05tj

I'm with the winter dates, for reasons stated above. So you have a topless Jeep T-shirt for july. Well, even a non-jeeper will point out "so what, it's 90 degrees, every Jeep has it's top off then."

Do it in January, and it becomes an event. News stations would probably even key in on it and give you a few seconds of airtime if you made a big shindig of it with the local 4WD and Jeep clubs. Offroad parks could get in on it as well by hosting local events.

Then wear your T-Shirt in the summer, showing the topless jeep in the snow and date of 1-??-2008 and the same non-jeeper will look at you and remark about Jeepers being nuts for doing that! They might even remember it, and tell all their non-jeep buddies about this crazy topless Jeep event they heard about.

Unread 02-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #39
AlTheKillerr

my vote is for jan. 10
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #40
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

December 17 would be the best day. I could say everyone is celebrating my birthdate by putting the top down on their Jeep.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #41
smoothrivers

It's 75 and sunny here today, and my top is down for the first time...so I vote we make it today.

[URL="http://www.smoothrivers.com"]http://www.smoothrivers.com[/URL]
smoothrivers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #42
Beefstew
Jub Jub

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ight Its been Settled... National Topless Day is goign to take place during the winter months...
Beefstew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #43
black05tj

By having it in December, local clubs could incorporate it with a toy drive/charity event. Topless Jeep = Santa's sleigh. Load it full of toys for less fortunate children in the area. Then you can get press time, and use the opportunity to put a "golden halo" on the offroad community. Positive press = good in the fight to keep trails open!
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #44
RandoTX
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how bout July 20th? since its the first man on the moon day and its my birthday! and it summer.
RandoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #45
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_XJ
Am I the only one who thinks having a topless day in the middle of summer is kinda pointless?

a) Most of us are topless for months prior and afterward anyway.
b) Nobody else (i.e. non-jeepers) are going to realize we're celebrating anything.
c) Did I mention it isn't unusual to have topless Jeeps in the middle of summer?

December 1 gets my vote!

December 1st and Shaun Of The Dead FTW!

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.