National Topless Day '09 Poll/Opinions Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > National Topless Day '09 Poll/Opinions Thread

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

View Poll Results: On which date should National Topless Day be held?
Same as last year, February 3! (remember, this is a Tuesday) 22 42.31%
First Sunday of February. (Feb. 1, 2009) 29 55.77%
Other Date-Please Specify in this thread 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

National Topless Day '09 Poll/Opinions Thread

Hey everyone! I need some help figuring out the logistics for National Topless Day 2009.

First thing, the date. There are basically 2 options. Same date as last year (February 3, it's a Tuesday in '09), or February 1, which is a Sunday.

I need some opinions, so I've put up a poll. Vote for the date you would like to see National Topless Day 2009 occur on. I've added a third option, "Other Date-Please Specify", so if the above mentioned dates don't work or you have a better idea, please choose this option and specify in this thread the date you would like to see this happen, and tell us why.

Another logistical thing, I need to get some help selecting the Grand Prize. Last years winner received a free 1 year membership to JeepForum.com. This is a great idea, but I want some input from the participants. Does this sound like a good prize? Post up your ideas!

There will be two separate Scoring Systems, and as such, there will be two separate prizes. There will be a prize for the overall winner of the event, based upon an unbiased scoring system that is more fair for those southern members who live in warmer climates, by not using temperature as such a large determining factor in who the winner is.

The second prize, will be for the "Craziest Jeeper Award," a homemade Trophy I will be welding in my garage, using any and all Jeep parts I can get the members here to donate. This will be a yearly thing, an award that will be passed on each year, with the winner adding a "personal touch" to the award. This trophy will need to be returned to me prior to this event each year, so I can engrave the new winner's name onto the award and pass it on to the new winner. It is kind of like passing the torch, except it's going to be a big, heavy metal pile of Jeep parts with names engraved on it. Again, this is just an idea I had, but if shipping is going to be an issue, I guess we could come up with another idea for this prize. I would still like to keep some sort of physical record of who wins each year, so please, if you would like to donate any old, broken Jeep parts for the creation of a trophy, please contact me via PM.

Any other ideas or suggestions you have, PLEASE voice them. We all want to have fun with this!

Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

If you haven't voted yet, vote! The date will be finalized soon, I need to make sure I have enough time to get something set up for stickers. . .

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

First sunday of febuary FTW!
Unread 11-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #4
etjoyride
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i'd give everyone through at least tomorrow evening, some of the old geezers have bed times i think
Unread 11-27-2008, 12:53 AM   #5
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm announcing the finalized date on 12/1/08. The rules will be posted on or before 1/1/09. I just need to get the sticker situation figured out.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-27-2008, 06:14 AM   #6
OVERLAND_YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

how about "international topless day"? what about your canadian brothers up here to the north? can we participate?
Unread 11-27-2008, 06:31 AM   #7
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

First Sunday of Feb. every year. I can see Tuesday as people taking the top off, driving to work and having the Jeep sit outside all day, then driving home, what's the point of that?

Even though it's the Superbowl Sunday, Sunday morning people could be driving around getting stuff for the party or just going for a cruise and since most people don't have work on Sunday it would be the better day.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i voted same as last year but i am now putting top on till after christmas since jeep was down and i missed topless season

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #9
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I'd go with the first sunday. Best idea since most have to work during the week. Do it like tha turkey day. No set day just first or last of a certain month. I think that would work perfectly.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
Luckyduck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

First Sunday that way when I get sick again from driving topless in the cold I can get better by the weekend

CentralMass4wd.com

1993 Ranger 2wd - dd
1999 wranger 2.5 - it gets used for something
1978 international scout - being built
1998 Cherokee sport 4.0 auto
1957 CJ5 - restoring back to stock http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...54#post5168554
Bikes:2000 Ducati Monster 900: 2001 CBR 600 F4i: 1980 CB 900
my build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my-build-thread-those-us-low-budgets-550786/
Luckyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #11
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Great suggestions, guys! I do plan on a way for other people to participate if they can't do it on Sunday.

Yes, our neighbors to the North can participate as well. . .

I guess this is going to be "International Topless Day!"

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
rescueyj

wat about me im not quite home from iraq in that time frame can i take a pic of my jeep then take a pic of me in the desert with my shirt off and photo shop
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:04 PM   #13
xtreampyro
2002 TJ Wrangler 

sunday. and stickers would be real tight
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
AlTheKillerr

to ****in bad. its on the 3rd
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #15
Ptr
1992 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
to ****in bad. its on the 3rd
/thread.....
Ptr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.