NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

BROOKLYN, Mich. – Team Flowmaster driver Jimmie Johnson drove his Lowe’s/Kobalt Chevrolet to the win in Sunday’s Quicken Loans 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.

For Johnson it was his third victory in the last four races. It was the sixth-straight race win for Team Flowmaster drivers, who have won every race since the month of May started….the six point races plus the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

On Sunday, the race boiled down to a long green-flag run at the end with a variety of pit strategies among the front running drivers. Once the teams all made their final pit stops it was Johnson leading the final 10 laps.

“He made that call,” said Johnson of crew chief Chad Knaus and his strategy in the waning laps. “Chad saw an opportunity and really let that develop and took great advantage of it. I’m sure there was some risk at a small window of time in there, but it really was a win-win.”

The win was Johnson’s first career victory, in 25 starts, at Michigan International Speedway, leaving him with only three tracks (Kentucky Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway and Homestead-Miami Speedway) where he has yet to win at. It was his 69th career series victory.

Kevin Harvick led a race-high 63 laps, but came up short with a second-place finish. Brad Keselowski was third with Paul Menard and Kasey Kahne completing the top five.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their cars. To date, Team Flowmaster drivers have won 12 of the first 15 races this season.

Top 10 Finishers: Quicken Loans 400

1) Jimmie Johnson**
2) Kevin Harvick**
3) Brad Keselowski
4) Paul Menard
5) Kasey Kahne**
6) Jeff Gordon**
7) Dale Earnhardt Jr.**
8) Kyle Larson**
9) Joey Logano
10) Clint Bowyer

** Indicates Team Flowmaster Driver

Next Race: Toyota/Save Mart 350, Sonoma (Calif.) Raceway
Sunday, June 22, 2014

Phone: (707)-544-4761 M-F 6AM – 5PM PST Sat 7:30AM – 5PM PST
automotiveforums@dpbrands.com
Matt@Flowmaster is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpehar View Post
What is the point of this?
He's a vendor. Buy Flowmaster
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Carl Edwards Runs Team Flowmaster Win Streak to Seven

Sonoma, Calif. – Team Flowmaster driver Carl Edwards drove his Aflac Ford Fusion to victory on Sunday in the Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Sonoma Raceway. It was his career first road course victory in the series, and marks the seventh-straight week the Flowmaster logo has visited victory lane.

“A moment I’ll never forget, to be here in victory lane and to have held off Jeff Gordon with all the success he’s had here in our sport,” is how Edwards summed up the afternoon. “I’m living proof that whatever it is you’re doing, keep doing it and don’t ever give up because something like this can work out.”

Pit strategy is often the key to road course success and certainly played into Edwards hands Sunday. A stop on lap 70 (of 110) for Edwards was followed by a caution on lap 71 – the perfect scenario. As every other car pitted under the caution Edwards, along with Marcos Ambrose and Clint Bowyer who also pitted on lap 70, stayed on the track and moved to the front of the field for the restart.

Edwards was able to wrestle the top spot from road-course ace Ambrose on lap 86 and fended off a last lap charge from Gordon to get the win. It was his 23rd career victory and second this season.

Gordon finished second with Dale Earnhardt Jr. getting his career-best Sonoma finish of third. Pole-winner Jamie McMurray was fourth and Paul Menard finished fifth.

While it was Edwards’ career first Sprint Cup Series win on a road course, he has three wins on road courses in the NASCAR Nationwide Series at three different courses: Road America, Montreal and Watkins Glen.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their cars. To date, Team Flowmaster drivers have won 13 of the first 16 races this season as well as the Sprint Unlimited and NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

Top-10 Finishers:
1. Carl Edwards**
2. Jeff Gordon**
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.**
4. Jamie McMurray**
5. Paul Menard
6. Kasey Kahne**
7. Jimmie Johnson**
8. Marcos Ambrose**
9. Greg Biffle**
10. Clint Bowyer
**Indicates Team Flowmaster Driver

Next Race: Quaker State 400, Kentucky Speedway
Saturday, June 28, 2014

Unread 06-30-2014, 12:43 PM   #4
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quaker State 400

SPARTA, Ken. – On Saturday night Kentucky Speedway hosted NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series for the fourth time with the Quaker State 400. In the end, Team Flowmaster drivers brought home eight of the top-10 spots. Brad Keselowski won the race.

For Keselowski it was a dominant performance, leading 199 of the 267 laps of the race. Even a late cycle of pit stops couldn’t slow the 2012 Series Champion who rallied from sixth in the final 50 laps to earn his second win of the season.

“Our car was awesome,” said Keselowski, who drives for Roger Penske. “The team did a great job and I’m really thankful to have a car this good. I think this is where we need to be to have a shot at another championship.”

It was Keselowski’s 12th career victory and second, in the four races, at Kentucky. His win earlier this year was at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and he is the sixth driver with multiple victories this year joining Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kevin Harvick and Joey Logano in that category.

Team Flowmaster drivers took the rest of the top five spots with Kyle Busch second. Ryan Newman scored his best finish of the year with a third-place run with Matt Kenseth and Dale Earnhardt Jr. completing the top five.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their cars. It’s been a dominant year for Team Flowmaster drivers with victories in 13 of the 17 point races this season. The company colors were also in victory lane for the Sprint Unlimited and NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

Top 10 Finishers:
1. Brad Keselowski
2. Kyle Busch**
3. Ryan Newman**
4. Matt Kenseth**
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.**
6. Jeff Gordon**
7. Kevin Harvick**
8. Kasey Kahne**
9. Joey Logano
10. Jimmie Johnson**

Next Race: Coke-Zero 400, Daytona International Speedway
Saturday, July 5, 2014

Unread 07-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #5
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Aric Almirola drove the famous Richard Petty Motorsports No. 43 car, complete with Flowmaster decals, back to victory lane Sunday in the rain-shortened Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway. This win marked the first time since 1999 that the famous Petty car has been parked in the winner’s circle and a career-first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victory for Almirola.

“I just took the 43 car to Victory Lane in Daytona,” exclaimed Almirola, the 30-year-old driver who was raised about two hours from Daytona in Tampa. “I couldn’t have dreamed of a better place to get my first win.

“This is so cool to get this team and all these guys that have been working on this race team for a long time and haven’t gotten to victory lane with the 43 car, this is so special. We have had good cars, top-10 cars. We have been right where we need to be to be competitive, but just haven’t gotten to that next level.”

Almirola took the lead from Kurt Busch following a lap 97 restart; Busch got the top spot back for lap 105 before Almirola re-took the point. On lap 110, of 160, the caution flag waved for rain and ultimately that rain would continue forcing the event to an early ending with Almirola claiming the victory.

It was Almirola’s 125th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start; his previous best finish was third at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway in March. The victory virtually locks him into a spot for the Chase For The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship run that begins in September.

Brian Vickers finished second on Sunday with Busch, Casey Mears and Austin Dillon completing the top five. For Dillon it was his career-best finish.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their cars. With the win, it was a clean-sweep of Daytona this year with the Sprint Unlimited, both Budweiser Duel races, the Daytona 500 and the Coke Zero 400 all won by Team Flowmaster drivers.

Almirola is the 11th different race winner this season; nine of the winning drivers carry the Flowmaster colors on their cars.

Top-10 Finishers:
1. Aric Almirola**
2. Brian Vickers
3. Kurt Busch**
4. Casey Mears
5. Austin Dillon**
6. Denny Hamlin**
7. Michael McDowell
8. Danica Patrick**
9. Clint Bowyer
10. Marcos Ambrose**
**Indicated Team Flowmaster Driver

Next Race: Camping World RV Sales 301, New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Sunday, July 13, 2014

Unread 07-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #6
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Camping World RV Sales 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

LOUDON, N.H.Team Flowmaster drivers brought home eight of the top-10 spots in Sunday’s Camping World RV Sales 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Brad Keselowski, driving his Penske Racing Ford, earned his third win of the 2014 season.

Keselowski started seventh and patiently picked his way forward to the lead on lap 74. From there it was obvious that he was going to be the car to beat as he would lead 138 of the race’s 305 laps.

While it was a smooth race for Keselowski he did have a couple of late race challenges. Jeff Gordon opted to gamble on fuel mileage and stayed on the track when others pitted, Keselowski tracked him down and passed him on lap 270. And, a late caution bunched the field and put the race into “overtime” with a green-while-checkered finish; Keselowski out-gunned Kyle Busch on the restart and sprinted to the win.

“It really feels like we hit our stride,” said Keselowski, the 2012 Sprint Cup Series Champion. “I’m kind of quiet and somber because I want to soak it all in, I don’t want this moment to go away so quickly.

“You’ve got to have a good horse, and we had that today,” continued Keselowski. “I’m just really, really thankful and happy with the form we have.”

Team Flowmaster Drivers Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, Matt Kenseth and Ryan Newman completed the top five.

Next up for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series is a mid-season off-weekend.

Team Flowmaster Drivers have won 14 of the 19 series point races thus far in 2014. Winning drivers are: Jimmie Johnson (3), Dale Earnhardt Jr. (2), Carl Edwards (2), Kevin Harvick (2), Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Aric Almirola and Kurt Busch. Also, drivers have carried the Flowmaster colors into victory lane in the Sprint Unlimited (Hamlin) and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race (Jamie McMurray).

Top-10 Finishers:

1. Brad Keselowski
2. Kyle Busch**
3. Kyle Larson**
4. Matt Kenseth**
5. Ryan Newman**
6. Clint Bowyer
7. Tony Stewart**
8. Denny Hamlin**
9. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.**
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr.**

Next Race: Crown Royal Brickyard 400, Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Sunday, July 27, 2014

Unread 07-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Jeff Gordon roared to his 5th-career Brickyard 400 Sunday afternoon at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He stands alone as the only NASCAR driver to score five wins at the hallowed speedway, his first of those was 20 years ago. And, he and Formula 1 driver Michael Schumaker stand alone as 5-time Indy winners over all forms of racing.

“Every time I come here to Indianapolis I feel like we have a shot at winning,” said Gordon. “It’s just a special place and I love racing here.

“This weekend in particular, you know; the first couple of laps that I felt this racecar. I knew that we had a racecar that was capable of winning this race. It just had the feel. It had the balance that I love to have. I think we showed that today, just how strong this car is.

Gordon led three different times during the race and was a constant presence in the top five. A late race restart (lap 143 of 160) alongside teammate Kasey Kahne gave him the opportunity to surge ahead and to the victory.

“I’m terrible on restarts, I didn’t think I wanted to see a restart,” said the race winner. “Out of nowhere, I have the restart of my life at the most important moment that you could ask for in a race, in a season, at a race like this. So that was awesome, just awesome.”

From there it was no looking back as he scored his 2nd win of the season and 90th career victory.

The Joe Gibbs Racing trio of Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, and Matt Kenseth chased Gordon across the finish line. Joey Logano finished fifth. Kahne settled for a disappointing sixth-place finish.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Gordon’s win is the 15th by Team Flowmaster drivers in the 20 races this season.

Top 10 Finishers:
1. Jeff Gordon**
2. Kyle Busch**
3. Denny Hamlin**
4. Matt Kenseth**
5. Joey Logano
6. Kasey Kahne**
7. Kyle Larson**
8. Kevin Harvick**
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr.**
10. Austin Dillon**

Next Race: GoBowling.com 400, Pocono Raceway
Sunday, August 3, 2014

Unread 08-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #8
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono Raceway

LONG POND, PA – Team Flowmaster driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. wheeled his Hendrick Motorsports Chevy SS to victory in Sunday’s GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono Raceway. Combined with his win at the track in June it marks the first time since 2006 that a driver has won both races at the “Tricky Triangle.”

“We definitely went home from the last race and made our car better,” said Earnhardt Jr. “That’s what I’m proud of this team for.”

As often is the case a Pocono, teams used a variety of strategies throughout the 400-miles, and it was a gamble by Earnhardt’s crew chief Steve Letarte that got him close to the front of the field. On a late race restart, with 14 laps to go, he was able to wrestle the lead away from Greg Biffle and held on for victory.

“It takes a really, really smart guy to understand what to do to take those gambles,” said Earnhardt of his crew chief. “We had a fast car all day. Steve’s strategy was perfect at the end. I don’t know if anyone knew what was going on there, but it was pretty awesome.

“Sometimes they pay off, sometimes they don’t,” summed up the victor.

It was Earnhardt’s third win of the season and his 22nd career victory. His three wins this year tie him with Brad Keselowski and Jimmie Johnson with the most. The win was Hendrick Motorsports fifth consecutive at Pocono.

Kevin Harvick gave Earnhardt a challenge on the final restart of the race but settled for second. Joey Logano was third, Clint Bowyer fourth and Team Flowmaster driver Greg Biffle was fifth, his third top-five finish of the season.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Gordon’s win is the 16th by Team Flowmaster drivers in the 21 races this season.

Top 10 Finishers:
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr.**
2. Kevin Harvick**
3. Joey Logano
4. Clint Bowyer
5. Greg Biffle**
6. Jeff Gordon**
7. Jamie McMurray**
8. Ryan Newman**
9. Denny Hamlin**
10. Kasey Kahne**

Next Race: Cheez-It 355, Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International
Sunday, August 10, 2014

Unread 08-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #9
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cheez-It 355 at Watkins Glen International

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. – Team Flowmaster driver A.J. Allmendinger drove his JTG Daugherty Chevy into victory lane for the first time in his career Sunday in the Cheez-It 355 at Watkins Glen International. He joins Aric Almirola as the second first-time winner this season and with the win qualifies for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship.

“My gosh; I can’t believe we’ve won a NASCAR Sprint Cup race,” said the jubilant Allmendinger. “With this whole 47 team, our first Cup victory together, my first victory….I love these guys.

“I just wanted it so bad for them and this team. They work so hard. I wasn’t gonna let Marcos take that from me.”

While Allmendinger led the final 30 laps, he did fend off a major challenge from Australian road-racing ace Marcos Ambrose for the win. In fact, the duo swapped the lead a few times throughout the waning laps, with Allmendinger able to get back in front each time the crossed the start-finish line. In the end, it was an advantage of just over a second for the California native’s first win.

Ambrose finished second with Kurt Busch third. Kyle Larson was fourth in his first Watkins Glen start with Carl Edwards making it a complete Team Flowmaster sweep of the top-five in fifth.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Allmendinger is the 10th different Team Flowmaster driver to win this season and the 17th victory in 22 races this year for team drivers.

Top-10 Finishers:
1. A.J. Allmendinger**
2. Marcos Ambrose**
3. Kurt Busch**
4. Kyle Larson**
5. Carl Edwards**
6. Joey Logano
7. Kevin Harvick**
8. Greg Biffle**
9. Matt Kenseth**
10. Brian Vickers

Next Race: Pure Michigan 400, Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, August 17, 2014

Unread 08-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #10
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway

BROOKLYN, Mich. – Team Flowmaster driver Jeff Gordon raced to his third win of 2014 Sunday in the Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway. While it was Gordon’s third victory, it marked the 18th time this season that the Flowmaster colors have visited victory lane.

“Extremely exciting,” exclaimed Gordon following the win. “Wasn’t an easy victory, even though we had a great racecar. Those restarts are so crucial, but also intense here.”

Gordon and Joey Logano had the dominant cars over the 400-mile race leading a combined 154 of the 200 laps. Logano led to a lap 184 restart when Gordon was able to get the best of him into the lead.

Ironically, it was a late race restart a few weeks back at Indianapolis Motor Speedway that enabled Gordon to get his second win of the year.

“Somebody that’s been getting beat up over the years about restarts, it’s pretty nice to have the last two wins come down to restarts,” said a jubilant Gordon. “That’s just building all our confidence in what we’re doing, making these races a lot of fun to go to.”

Kevin Harvick finished in second with Logano third. Paul Menard was fourth with Dale Earnhardt Jr. completing the top five.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Gordon’s three wins tie him with fellow Team Flowmaster drivers Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr., as well as Brad Keselowski for the most wins this season.

Top-10 Finishers:

1. Jeff Gordon**
2. Kevin Harvick**
3. Joey Logano
4. Paul Menard
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.**
6. Clint Bowyer
7. Denny Hamlin**
8. Brad Keselowski
9. Jimmie Johnson**
10. Greg Biffle**

** Indicates Team Flowmaster Driver

Next Race: IRWIN Tools Night Race, Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway
Saturday, August 23, 2014

Unread 08-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #11
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway

Bristol, Tenn. – Joey Logano, driving his Penske Racing Ford, scored his third win of the 2014 season Saturday day in the Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway. While Logano celebrated his sixth-career victory, Team Flowmaster Drivers scored seven of the top-10 spots.

“When I woke up this morning, I wasn’t sure if we were a winning car or not,” said Logano in victory lane. “But, Todd Gordon (crew chief) is a good salesman. He pretty much sold me into thinking we had a winning car. We made some small adjustments on it all night and got our third win of the year.

Logano took the lead from Matt Kenseth on lap 456 of the 500-mile run and held off a late race challenge from his teammate Brad Keselowski for the win.

“What a year we’re having, I’m having so much fun,” continued Logano. “The past six or seven races have been unbelievable. We’ve been running up front and it’s just been so much fun.”

Keselowski crossed the line less than a half-second behind Logano. Team Flowmaster Drivers Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson and Kurt Busch completed the top five.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Team Flowmaster Drivers have won 18 of the 24 races this season as well as the Sprint Unlimited and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

Top-10 Finishers:

1. Joey Logano
2. Brad Keselowski
3. Matt Kenseth **
4. Jimmie Johnson **
5. Kurt Busch **
6. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.**
7. Carl Edwards**
8. Jamie McMurray**
9. Paul Menard
10. Greg Biffle**

Next Race:

Oral-B USA 500, Atlanta Motor Speedway
Sunday, August 31, 2014

Unread 09-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #12
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oral-B 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway

HAMPTON, Ga.Team Flowmaster Driver Kasey Kahne added his name to the 2014 winners list Sunday night with victory in the Oral-B 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, he led a complete sweep of the top 10 by Team Flowmaster Drivers.

Kahne started 10th and spent the bulk of the race working to make his car perform better, a task they accomplished by the end of the race. He led late and looked to be cruising to victory when a pair of late-race cautions nearly cost him the win. On the final restart, as the race went into overtime, he was able to wrestle the lead back from Matt Kenseth and roll on to victory.

“We were all over the place during the race,” said Kahne, the 11th different Team Flowmaster Driver to win this season. “But the guys stayed with me and worked hard. On those restarts; I didn’t know what would happen. So, it was a team effort and the guys did a great job tonight and I’m pretty pumped to be here.”

Kahne’s win also locked him into a coveted spot in the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup which starts in two weeks. It was his 17th career victory and means all four Hendrick Motorsport (all part of Team Flowmaster) teams will be in the championship run.

Kenseth finished second with Denny Hamlin third. Jimmie Johnson was fourth with Carl Edwards fifth. Of note, Danica Patrick had her career-best finish with a sixth-place run.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Team Flowmaster Drivers have won 19 of the 25 races this season as well as the Sprint Unlimited and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

Top-10 Finishers:
1. Kasey Kahne**
2. Matt Kenseth**
3. Denny Hamlin**
4. Jimmie Johnson**
5. Carl Edwards**
6. Danica Patrick**
7. Ryan Newman**
8. Kyle Larson**
9. Aric Almirola**
10. Greg Biffle**

Next Race: Federated Auto Parts 400, Richmond International Raceway
Saturday, September 6, 2014

Unread 09-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #13
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway

RICHMOND, Va. – Team Penske driver Brad Keselowski turned in a dominating performance Saturday night on his way to victory in the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway. And with the race wrapping up the regular season, the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup begins this weekend with 14 Team Flowmaster Drivers in the 16-driver field.

“These are nights you don’t forget as a driver and you live for,” said Keselowski, after leading 383 of the 400 laps Saturday night. “When I pulled into Victory Lane I pinched myself once to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. I couldn’t ask for a better way to enter the Chase than to come in with a win and take the first seed.”

Kevin Harvick led twice early in the race for the other 17 laps, but Keselowski set the pace for the final 274 circuits. It was his fourth win of the season and 14th of his career. Keselowski was the 2012 series Champion.

Team Flowmaster Driver Jeff Gordon finished second with Clint Bowyer third. Jamie McMurray and Harvick completed the top five.

The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup kicks up Sunday with the MyAFibStory.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway. Team Fowmaster drivers in the Chase are: Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Kurt Busch, Kasey Kahne, Aric Almirola, A.J. Allmendinger, Matt Kenseth, Ryan Newman, and Greg Biffle.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Team Flowmaster Drivers have won 19 of the 26 races this season as well as the Sprint Unlimited and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

Top-10 Finishers:
1. Brad Keselowski
2. Jeff Gordon**
3. Clint Bowyer
4. Jamie McMurray**
5. Kevin Harvick**
6. Joey Logano
7. Kurt Busch**
8. Jimmie Johnson**
9. Ryan Newman**
10. Aric Almirola**
** Indicated Team Flowmaster Driver

Next Race: MyAFibStory.com 400, Chicagoland Speedway
Sunday, September 14, 2014

Unread 09-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #14
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

MyAFibStory.com 400

JOLIET, Ill. – The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup kicked off Sunday at Chicagoland Speedway with the MyAFibStory.com 400. Team Penske Ford driver Brad Keselowski scored the win and Team Flowmaster Drivers took eight of the top ten spots.

Kyle Busch, Jeff Gordon and Jamie McMurray dominated the early portion of the race while Kevin Harvick and Kyle Larson set the pace in the late going. All five are Team Flowmaster Drivers.

Keselowski started 25th and was in the lead battle during the second half of the race as well; but it was a move with 16 laps remaining that set him up for the win. Harvick and Larson were in a side-by-side battle for the lead when Keselowski got a run on the duo and drove between them for the top spot.

“I’m really not sure what to say,” said Keselowski of the move after the win. “I don’t really know what happened. There was traffic and I was just digging and in the zone. I knew from the start we would be good, but man it was really awesome the last few runs.”

The win gives Keselowski an automatic bid into the Challenger Round (the second three-race round) of the Chase that begins at Kansas Speedway on October 5. It was his second consecutive victory and fifth of the season.

Gordon and Larson finished second and third. Joey Logano finished in the fourth spot with Harvick fifth.

Flowmaster is the Exclusive Performance Exhaust of NASCAR and many of the top teams in the sport have the company’s decal on the side of their car. Team Flowmaster Drivers have won 19 of the 27 races this season as well as the Sprint Unlimited and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.

Top-10 Finishers:

1. Brad Keselowski
2. Jeff Gordon**
3. Kyle Larson**
4. Joey Logano
5. Kevin Harvick**
6. Denny Hamlin**
7. Kyle Busch**
8. Kurt Busch**
9. Jamie McMurray**
10. Matt Kenseth**

**Indicated Team Flowmaster Driver

Next Race: Sylvania 300, New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tags
exhaust , flowmaster , nascar , sprint cup , team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.