Are my wife and I so ugly we crack glass? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Are my wife and I so ugly we crack glass?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #16
table
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp2002TJ
TheTinCan when you go out to warm it up place the heat on high, but don't do it in Defrost mode. Use a mixed mode, but not any mode that blows directly onto the nice flat upright windshield of the Jeep. Once it's warm inside the Jeep, just scrape the outside of the windshield if it's got ice & snow built up on it. That should help prevent the cracking as much as possible. I have yet to replace a windshield in my Jeep, Karma - please help me out on this one buddy
x2 - put it on the vents and/or floor first, then defrost.

Unread 12-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #17
MattTheMudder
Ask Mr. Owl

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotZ
Years ago I had a 68 Corvette
It's those '68's. Get a '69 or above and you wouldn't have had those problems
Unread 12-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #18
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor
My "cracked windshield" story is pretty stupid.

Hey, there's a spider on the inside of my windshield! Throw a punch at it to smash it, proceed to smash the windshield instead.

I am brilliant.
You are my hero. I've smashed plenty of bugs on mine without that problem yet. I did have a car window "randomly" explode. It flew with such force that it ****ing cut up the plastic on the other door on the other side of the car. I THINK someone hit it with something as you can see where it also hit the car, but the retard police officer that came out said "Its mother nature, next time leave your windows cracked." If I could've gotten away with beating an officer's *** I would have.
Unread 12-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
crosbike3688
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Did that in my mothers Envoy coming home from work. Sounded like a gunshot. Insurance covered it FTW

[QUOTE=ktmracer419]either way thats ridiculously peepee enlargingly tall.[/QUOTE]
crosbike3688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 05:00 AM   #20
jeepsurf
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, so here's my story.
In high school I had an 89 Z24. I had a short in the ECM that caused it to stall and not start for ten minutes (mostly in busy intersections). There was this weird crystal ball thingy that hung down from the rear view mirror. I stalled, went to punch the dash, and hit the ball on the way to the dash.
The freakin ball swung up and hit the windshield and cracked the hell out of it. Put a hole in the dash too. So then I was the guy broke down in the middle of the intersection with a broken windshield!!!

1990 2.5 YJ / 1997 2.5 TJ

USAF VET

My YJ build thread HERE.
Nightcrew alive and well, now on VB 4.0 HERE.
Food mailed 3ooo milesHERE.
jeepsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 06:29 AM   #21
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

TheTinCan, actually your wife is a hotty, if she wasn't in their with you to offset your ugly, your window would have blown up with the force of an atomic bomb. Probably would have killed a few small dogs and a child or 2 in the process. We can all thank humanity for her beauty.

Oh and you better apologize for even thinking she might not be beautiful. I can see when you both hit 80, she is gonna crack you in the head with a shovel and while you are wondering "What the hell?" She will tell you "That is for calling me ugly on JF in 08!" Fix it now while you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor
My "cracked windshield" story is pretty stupid.

Hey, there's a spider on the inside of my windshield! Throw a punch at it to smash it, proceed to smash the windshield instead.

I am brilliant.

NO you are not, but if you keep saying it outloud someday even you may believe it.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:14 AM   #22
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Actually the defroster is only the straw that breaks it. There is not enough heat there to really introduce high stress (especially when warming up) it is ready to go, and that's just what will push it over the edge.

It's not just cold either. I remember being with a crowd of people watching the rear window of a parked VW slowly self destruct on a warm summer night.
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.