Are my wife and I so ugly we crack glass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Are my wife and I so ugly we crack glass?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
TheTinCan

Are my wife and I so ugly we crack glass?

Son of a _______

So its 15 degrees out. I go out and start up my Heep to let her warm up and defrost the windshield. I turn the heat to high, on defrost. About 7 minutes later I jump in and close my door. My wife jumps in riders side and closes door...

WHAM...the door closes....CRACCCCKKKKKKKK...right before our eyes THREE separate independent cracks emerge from the bottom center of windshield, proceed straight up for about 6 inches, make a sharp right turn and continue all the way to the riders edge of windshield!

We both sat in amazement, utterly speechless

I tell ya one thing, Jeep vehicles certainly are LOADED with character! You never know what a Jeep is liable to do next!

but ya know what....I still LOVE my HEEP!

2005 BLACK Unlimited , I6, 6 speed, 3:73. 4" Rock Krawler lift, Advanced Adapters SYE, CV driveshaft, 33X12.50 BFG ATs, 15X8 BLACK steel rock crawlers (Series 97), Swaybar Discos, Centramatic Wheel Balancers, Rancho RS9000X Shocks
TheTinCan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTinCan
Are my wife and I so ugly we crack glass?
Fixed for you.
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
TheTinCan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi22
Fixed for you.
No lie, I sat here thinking..."IS" or 'Are"...figures, I picked the wrong one! Now can you effect repairs on my windshield as quickly? And for the same price?
2005 BLACK Unlimited , I6, 6 speed, 3:73. 4" Rock Krawler lift, Advanced Adapters SYE, CV driveshaft, 33X12.50 BFG ATs, 15X8 BLACK steel rock crawlers (Series 97), Swaybar Discos, Centramatic Wheel Balancers, Rancho RS9000X Shocks
TheTinCan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
M2LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Move someplace where it doesn't get so cold! Then the only cracks you'll get in your windshield are from rocks!

Cheers! M2
M2LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Years ago I had a 68 Corvette. I was 18 years old and had begged ,borrowed and stolen everything in the world to get that car. Anyway. I was taking a girl out on a date one wintery night. Started the car,turned on the defrosters and as if it was in slow motion a crack developed in the center of the windshield and slowly but surely worked its way up both sides of the A pillers. It was like a slowmotion nightmare. I didnt know whether to cry or laugh it off. Luckily I laughed it off and the date turned out (really well.. )
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #6
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

A few years ago I was doing some late fall fishing and completely fell into a creek. Not only was I pissed and freezing cold when I finally got back to the Jeep, but I managed to kick the windshield from the passenger seat while I was trying to take my shoes and pants off. Sent the whole thing into a spiderwebbed mess. But that's a little bit different from what you experienced.
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Did you and your wife come and sit in my Rover last winter when I was out of town? I came home to a VERY similar situation.
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
ElPaca19

Wow that sucks big time. I remember when my Brother and I had just got our drivers license we took the family station wagon (i.e. the sled) up to the Poconoes to go boarding. When we were done we drove home. The whole ride the back window kept fogging up because our boards were in it and wet. Being new to driving we kept putting the defrost on the rear window. We get home and unload the car and go inside. Next moring my mom comes in pissed and takes us out to the garage. The whole rear window imploded into the back of the station wagon . She thought we actually broke it then did not tell her. Then we put it all together why it happened.
[SIZE="1"]Mine: 2000 Black XJ Sport, D30 and 8.25 w/ Yukon 4.56's, 4.5" RE SF (plus a 1.75" Daystar spacer, 1.75" Teraflex shackle), OME LT Shocks, SJ SS, M.O.R.E Steering Box Brace, JKS Adj Track Bar, JKS Discos, AA SYE and TW CV DS, 15x8 Black Rock Krawlers, 33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorns, Bushwackers, ARB Bumper, 45 x 60 Surco rack, AJ's Super Rails, Class III rear hitch, 4 100w Hella 500's, Hella 550s, Hella Vision Plus, CB w/4ft Antenna, removable hood deck port, Borla cat back etc.[/SIZE]
ElPaca19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #9
AlTheKillerr

mine did that when i squished a misquito on the windshield. now i dont have to worry about new cracks
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

I didnt read your post, but I'm willing to stake a claim on "yes."

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #11
JustANeon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie
I didnt read your post, but I'm willing to stake a claim on "yes."
hahahaha
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #12
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

My wife doesn't know how to close a door without slamming it so hard your ear drums pop if you're in the Jeep 1st. So she's not allowed in my Jeep in the winter just for that reason... She does the same with her XTerra, but it's hers.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #13
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That happened to me before too. Never use the defroster in a wrangler!!
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
skeebs
2002 TJ Wrangler 

TheTinCan when you go out to warm it up place the heat on high, but don't do it in Defrost mode. Use a mixed mode, but not any mode that blows directly onto the nice flat upright windshield of the Jeep. Once it's warm inside the Jeep, just scrape the outside of the windshield if it's got ice & snow built up on it. That should help prevent the cracking as much as possible. I have yet to replace a windshield in my Jeep, Karma - please help me out on this one buddy
skeebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
My "cracked windshield" story is pretty stupid.

Hey, there's a spider on the inside of my windshield! Throw a punch at it to smash it, proceed to smash the windshield instead.

I am brilliant.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.