JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Are my wife and I so ugly we crack glass? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/my-wife-i-so-ugly-we-crack-glass-493071/)

TheTinCan 12-06-2007 10:05 AM

Are my wife and I so ugly we crack glass?

Son of a _______ :brickwall

So its 15 degrees out. I go out and start up my Heep to let her warm up and defrost the windshield. I turn the heat to high, on defrost. About 7 minutes later I jump in and close my door. My wife jumps in riders side and closes door...

WHAM...the door closes....CRACCCCKKKKKKKK...right before our eyes THREE separate independent cracks emerge from the bottom center of windshield, proceed straight up for about 6 inches, make a sharp right turn and continue all the way to the riders edge of windshield! :eek: :eek: :eek:

We both sat in amazement, utterly speechless :eek:

I tell ya one thing, Jeep vehicles certainly are LOADED with character! You never know what a Jeep is liable to do next!

but ya know what....I still LOVE my HEEP! :2thumbsup:

Rubi22 12-06-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTinCan
Are my wife and I so ugly we crack glass?

Fixed for you.

TheTinCan 12-06-2007 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubi22
Fixed for you.

No lie, I sat here thinking..."IS" or 'Are"...figures, I picked the wrong one! Now can you effect repairs on my windshield as quickly? And for the same price?

M2LJ 12-06-2007 10:15 AM

Move someplace where it doesn't get so cold! Then the only cracks you'll get in your windshield are from rocks!

Cheers! M2

ScotZ 12-06-2007 10:24 AM

Years ago I had a 68 Corvette. I was 18 years old and had begged ,borrowed and stolen everything in the world to get that car. Anyway. I was taking a girl out on a date one wintery night. Started the car,turned on the defrosters and as if it was in slow motion a crack developed in the center of the windshield and slowly but surely worked its way up both sides of the A pillers. It was like a slowmotion nightmare. :rofl: :rofl: I didnt know whether to cry or laugh it off. Luckily I laughed it off and the date turned out (really well..:D )

RyanZJ 12-06-2007 11:24 AM

A few years ago I was doing some late fall fishing and completely fell into a creek. Not only was I pissed and freezing cold when I finally got back to the Jeep, but I managed to kick the windshield from the passenger seat while I was trying to take my shoes and pants off. Sent the whole thing into a spiderwebbed mess. But that's a little bit different from what you experienced.:rofl:

LandRover 12-06-2007 11:43 AM

Did you and your wife come and sit in my Rover last winter when I was out of town? I came home to a VERY similar situation. :nono:

ElPaca19 12-06-2007 11:58 AM

Wow that sucks big time. I remember when my Brother and I had just got our drivers license we took the family station wagon (i.e. the sled) up to the Poconoes to go boarding. When we were done we drove home. The whole ride the back window kept fogging up because our boards were in it and wet. Being new to driving we kept putting the defrost on the rear window. We get home and unload the car and go inside. Next moring my mom comes in pissed and takes us out to the garage. The whole rear window imploded into the back of the station wagon:eek: . She thought we actually broke it then did not tell her. Then we put it all together why it happened.

AlTheKillerr 12-06-2007 12:06 PM

mine did that when i squished a misquito on the windshield. now i dont have to worry about new cracks

sharpie 12-06-2007 12:18 PM

I didnt read your post, but I'm willing to stake a claim on "yes."

JustANeon 12-06-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpie
I didnt read your post, but I'm willing to stake a claim on "yes."

hahahaha:rofl:

VICTIM_OF_PAIN 12-06-2007 12:36 PM

My wife doesn't know how to close a door without slamming it so hard your ear drums pop if you're in the Jeep 1st. So she's not allowed in my Jeep in the winter just for that reason... She does the same with her XTerra, but it's hers. :thumbsup:

EvilM0nkey 12-06-2007 12:37 PM

That happened to me before too. Never use the defroster in a wrangler!!

skeebs 12-06-2007 06:15 PM

TheTinCan when you go out to warm it up place the heat on high, but don't do it in Defrost mode. Use a mixed mode, but not any mode that blows directly onto the nice flat upright windshield of the Jeep. Once it's warm inside the Jeep, just scrape the outside of the windshield if it's got ice & snow built up on it. That should help prevent the cracking as much as possible. I have yet to replace a windshield in my Jeep, Karma - please help me out on this one buddy ;)

PM Thor 12-06-2007 06:25 PM

My "cracked windshield" story is pretty stupid.

Hey, there's a spider on the inside of my windshield! Throw a punch at it to smash it, proceed to smash the windshield instead.

I am brilliant.

The time now is 07:56 PM.