my speaker has issues. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > my speaker has issues.

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 06-11-2003, 02:08 PM   #1
Jillie

my speaker has issues.

I’m having trouble with an after market speaker in my passenger side door… it was only doing it when I would hit a bump or just occasionally out of the blue…it was a high pitched tone and a crackle….so I took off the door panel, and I unscrewed and pulled out the speaker. There weren’t any wires touching anything and the speaker is not damaged……..so, I put it back together and since then its just been making. a vibrating rumbly sound….the speaker isn’t blown….(I know what that sounds like ) and it only does it on some songs….i remember Ozzy made it rumble yesturday…not like that helps……

Anyways any stereo buffs out there? Either reply or pm me please, thanks

[FONT=comic sans ms][B][COLOR=wheat][URL=http://stang38l.yi.org/Jill's%20Jeep/Exterior/03090701_std.jpg]Side[/URL][/Color][/B][/FONT] [FONT=comic sans ms][B][COLOR=wheat][URL=http://stang38l.yi.org/Jill's%20Jeep/Exterior/03090702_std.jpg]Front corner[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/FONT] [FONT=comic sans ms][B][COLOR=wheat][URL=http://stang38l.yi.org/Jill's%20Jeep/Interior/03090701_std.jpg]Interior 1[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/FONT] [FONT=comic sans ms][B][COLOR=wheat][URL=http://stang38l.yi.org/Jill's%20Jeep/Interior/03090702_std.jpg]Interior 2[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2003, 02:36 PM   #2
UPnOVER

You need to check “all” the wires. Also make sure there is room for the speaker in the door. I sounds like the wires are not tight somewhere. I hate doing anything with the electrical system. It could be a bad speaker so if you do all the above and come up empty handed it has to be the speaker. Good luck.
[COLOR=red]RED JEEP #6[/COLOR]
91' YJ, D30 EZ, F8.8 locked & 410's, BDS4+" lift, 35" BFG's on 15x8 RC, 8,000lb Ramsey, etc. www. rock-nutz.com
UPnOVER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2003, 02:56 PM   #3
jeepin94
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'd suggest switching the left and right speaker and see if the sound goes with the speaker or stays on the same side, if it goes with the speaker then it sounds like you got some voice coil issues, if it stays on that side then I'd say you got some wire touch or a bad connection or a bad ground somewhere. Just an idea to help narrow it down a lil more
jeepin94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2003, 03:17 PM   #4
xcmbike

Its common in Jeeps. They have a bad wiring harness in the doors. Sometimes they break. You will just need to get a new harness. Do a search in the forum and you will find lots of info in here already.

Mr. December in the 2004 Jeepforum.com XJ calendar
xcmbike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.