My sister in-law's toast (Like I promissed) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > My sister in-law's toast (Like I promissed)

Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-02-2004, 08:47 AM   #1
Saturdaynight

My sister in-law's toast (Like I promissed)

Ok everyone! From the moment my sister in-law gave her toast at our wedding this past weekend, I knew I had to share this with all of you. So without any further blabbering, here goes...

When Calen asked me to give a toast at her wedding, I sat down and pondered her relationship with Lonnie. While I certainly have a pretty good handle on Calen and what it is that makes her tick, I don’t yet have such a wealth of experience with Lonnie. So I started making a list of Lonnie’s qualities. I came up with the usual assortment of sterling characteristics – patient, caring, generous, kind, calm, but the one thought that repeatedly came flashing through my mind was that of Lonnie in his jeep – Lonnie LOVES his jeep. Having lost my Jeep virginity, as Calen and Lonnie put it, only a month ago on Cape Cod, I thought I’d better do a little research into what drives these jeep lovers. So, I did a little search on the internet and, low and behold, there are actually websites for jeep lovers devoted to their jeeps. Who knew! I browsed page after page of jeep lovers waxing on about the virtues of the YJs and TJs and CJ7s. It dawned on me that there was a pretty strong correlation between what those jeep lovers see in their cars and what Lonnie must see in Calen. Entry after entry contained words like:

Fun
Versatile
Unique
Handy
Trendy
Powerful
Extremely cool
Classic good looks
My dream

And then the inevitable,

A bit noisy
Impractical
Will run over anything in its way
And a bit unstable…

The jeep drivers recommendations for the road also had obvious applications to marriage - namely, “when the road gets bumpy, you’ll be sure to feel every jar. However, with practice, you’ll be able to handle it great”.

They also had helpful suggestions that apply equally well to off roading as well as to a healthy marriage such as “go topless whenever you can”.

Lonnie, like your jeep, I’m sure that Calen will prove to be an “enjoyable companion both on the highway and around town. You will be the envy of many a passerby when you cruise through”.

As one proud jeep owner summed it up, “this has always been a dream and now it’s a reality – we plan on keeping this forever”.

Let knowledge guide the way, not ignorance. Tread Lightly & Know your state auto regulations.
Saturdaynight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2004, 09:06 AM   #2
bamajeep

Your Sister-in-law is a freakin' genious...
bamajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2004, 09:08 AM   #3
LeftoverSalmon
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That was a great toast!! Kinda made me feel warm and fuzzy inside!!

enjoy married life
[CENTER]Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
[/CENTER]
LeftoverSalmon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2004, 09:14 AM   #4
Lucky13

that was freakin sweet! make you wanna cry.....
Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cuz there was much less chance of running into an authority fugure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. I looked around and saw my friend swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person.- Mitch Hedberg
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2004, 09:26 AM   #5
BeatAChevy289

When I first read the title I thought you meant "toast" like you were going to kill her or something. That was a very interesting approach to you and your wife. Never would have thought of it that way...congrats! Later <><
1966 Ford Mustang, Hi-Po 289 V8, 4:11's, I dare you to race me.
<><
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/blackyj95]Cardomain Site[/URL] (different from the other link)
BeatAChevy289 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2004, 09:34 AM   #6
Saturdaynight

I was just flabbergasted that she went to such lengths for her toast! As good as some of the other toast's were, her's was by far the best! The crowd got a big chuckle from this line.

They also had helpful suggestions that apply equally well to off roading as well as to a healthy marriage such as “go topless whenever you can”.
Let knowledge guide the way, not ignorance. Tread Lightly & Know your state auto regulations.
Unread 09-02-2004, 11:04 AM   #7
JayJEEPguy
2004 WJ 

That's awesome, dude. Sounds like you married into a great family.
'02 WJ:4.7L, Selec-Trac. Totalled 9-12-07. Click to hearKolak 3" exhaust sound clip
http://www.cardomain.com/id/MourningWoody
JayJEEPguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2004, 11:28 AM   #8
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You married the wrong sister.
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2004, 11:39 AM   #9
Saturdaynight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99

No I didn't!
Unread 09-02-2004, 02:16 PM   #10
Lipstud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99

'03 Lauracon #0250
Automatic, 16x8 Alcoa wheels, 31" Goodyear MT's, Air Lockers, Light Bar, Riveted Fender Flares

[COLOR=sienna]BigWaylon Fan Club Member #4[/COLOR]
Lipstud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #11
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdaynight
No I didn't!
Did you query about a 2-for-1 package deal?

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2004, 02:43 PM   #12
mikeyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by useful_idiot
Did you query about a 2-for-1 package deal?
I'm not married, but from what I've heard keeping up with 1 wife is challenging enough! Besides, who's got enough money to split between their Jeep AND two women
mikeyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.