My Next Vacation - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > My Next Vacation

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #16
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
My vote is Punta Cana...I have never been but this is where my wife and I are planning to go.
From the stories that I have heard if you stay at one of the many resorts....a couple dollars goes a LONG way....
This ^^^. My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Punta Cana and absolutely loved it. We plan to go back once our youngest is a few years older. The resort we stayed in was made up of 5 large hotels. If you stayed in the largest, called The Palace, you had full access to the other 4 and all that they offered. If you stayed in one of the 4 smaller resorts, you could use all 4, but not the Palace. The beaches are spotless with small crews coming by several times a day to rake up any seaweed or other litter. Absolutely free food and drink 24 hours a day and tipping is discouraged. Gratuity is part of the "all inclusive" part of the resort. The market vendors are forbidden on the resort beaches so you aren't being hounded to buy something. Tons to do either on the resort properties or away. One other thing, the beaches are European influenced and while full nudity was rare, there are plenty of topless visitors there. (bought a pair of mirrored sunglasses the first day on the beach)

The two of us spent just over a week there for a couple grand, including airfare. You'll spend nothing at the resort and anything away from the resort properties is dirt cheap.

Unread 10-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #17
KMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Miniloc Island, Palawan, Philippines

o6 LJ see profile...
KMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #18
SomeBeach
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter315 View Post
This ^^^. My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Punta Cana and absolutely loved it. We plan to go back once our youngest is a few years older. The resort we stayed in was made up of 5 large hotels. If you stayed in the largest, called The Palace, you had full access to the other 4 and all that they offered. If you stayed in one of the 4 smaller resorts, you could use all 4, but not the Palace. The beaches are spotless with small crews coming by several times a day to rake up any seaweed or other litter. Absolutely free food and drink 24 hours a day and tipping is discouraged. Gratuity is part of the "all inclusive" part of the resort. The market vendors are forbidden on the resort beaches so you aren't being hounded to buy something. Tons to do either on the resort properties or away. One other thing, the beaches are European influenced and while full nudity was rare, there are plenty of topless visitors there. (bought a pair of mirrored sunglasses the first day on the beach)

The two of us spent just over a week there for a couple grand, including airfare. You'll spend nothing at the resort and anything away from the resort properties is dirt cheap.
Looks kind of cool.....we considered Punta Cana before, when it was just the two of us. I think it would be too much for little eyes though. His dad would probably get in trouble too.
SomeBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #19
SomeBeach
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMET View Post
Miniloc Island, Palawan, Philippines

Very nice.....but I don't think you can get any further away from my starting point. That would be like an eternity on a plane. Maybe someday.
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #20
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
St. Augustine was another place that came up in my quest. But those beaches look like they are huge, like crossing a football field to get to the water.

Since you've been to both, can you point out some of the places you stayed?
I lived in St A so I don't have any recommendations. I know the San Marco in downtown St A was nice and in the center of old town. Up and down St A beach there are a ton of hotels.
The Last I went to Sanibel/Captiva it was during the layover for a work trip so I stayed in Ft Meyers at a Hampton Inn. Not resortish just a decent cheap room with a breakfast.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #21
nwiTJdave

Ever consider going on a cruise? We love them. We took our two year old last year and she had a blast. The price for a balcony room was only like 600 per adult for a 6 night 7 day cruise. Really reasonable for what you get. Just sneak aboard your own booze to avoid the ridiculous cost

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #22
SomeBeach
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
Ever consider going on a cruise? We love them. We took our two year old last year and she had a blast. The price for a balcony room was only like 600 per adult for a 6 night 7 day cruise. Really reasonable for what you get. Just sneak aboard your own booze to avoid the ridiculous cost

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
We've often talked about a cruise....the wife really wants to try one and I'm curious. I, for some reason, just get nervous feeling trapped if something goes wrong. Like someone gets sick or you have to head home unexpectedly. I'm new to the whole having a kid thing. So, I don't have the confidence to abandon the "we can leave at anytime" idea. A week in the Outer Banks this past summer was the first time we've ever been anywhere away from the comforts of home. And I was actually quite surprised how well we did and easy it was. But on the last day, my wife herniated a disc and could have been a disaster if it were the first day. Thank God she was able to tough out the 12 hours sitting in the car on the way home.
But I still want to consider a cruise when I'm more confident and have a couple more "safe" trips under my belt.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.