Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My JK was rear ended......

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  MacK 
#1 ·
Alright, I'm stopped where they are doing construction on the road. Out of no where I hear a loud bang. No, I didn't feel it, and if I didn't feel them backing off my hitch I would of never noticed... The best part: The lady in front of me jumped out of her car to look at her car.... and then gave me a dirty look.. like wtf?

I didn't bother to take info, they f*ed their vehicle more. They just left some gooey stuff on my hitch. It went straight through their headlight.

So here's the damage:
http://jeep.sidrahq.com/SNV31850.JPG
http://jeep.sidrahq.com/SNV31849.JPG

I didn't IMG tag them, they are big.

How do you like my "Will not rust, stainless steel" hitch lock? :D

I probably should of took their info, my sister yelled at me about not doing that. But I can't see what three old people, who more then obviously hit me right in front of a construction site, will be able to do (with no police report)... oh well.

Jeep is the winnor!

See less See more
#3 ·
Lol, no. It took out their entire headlight and hit something inside and they were leaking some kind of fluid. I mean, they hit me, and I heard a noise.. and I was thinking "what was that noise?" because they didn't even MOVE or SHAKE my Jeep. Then they backed up and I felt their car fall off my hitch :p

I declare the Jeep the rightful winner :D

#8 ·
HAHA, classic. Damn that blinker fluid! Cheers to you :cheers: !

#7 ·
HA!
I had guy in a ford ranger hit me once and the same thing happened. When he backed up off of me my bumper ripped his entire passenger light cluster off. My damages where fixed with a block of wood and a ball-peen hammer, after the adjuster wrote me a check of course.

Go Jeep.

#10 ·
That hitch is like a lance just waiting for some one to rear end you! HAHAHA

#11 ·
Yep. That's why I went with it. Sorta. I have a pop up camper, utility trailer, and two boats that I tow with it. For the boats, the hitch had to be aimed down, so I would always have to switch the ball.. for the other trailers, I had to aim it up to make them even. But with the straight hitch, all of them were perfect... except the tire was in the way. So I found that extender on Amazon, and added that. I been waiting for this day to happen-- I know it was coming.

I'm just glad no one got hurt, that would of sucked. Except for that car. It was leaking blinker fluid :laugh:

#12 ·
If any of them can finger you, you could still get a ticket for leaving the scene. I scratched a lady's fender with my door (in a freaking garage ... at work!), left her a note & went on my way. She called the cops. A little voice told me to go back about 30 minutes later, and there she was, giving the cop the info I left her. He told me I shoulda never left the "scene" and had I not returned I would have been cited (job could trace me thru my phone number & the many cameras in the garage).
You just never know ...

#13 ·
Cops.. for a scratch? Dude. These people did all the damage to their vehicle, so it's unlikely for them to even bother. I could of been a true **** and fell out of the passenger door, screaming my back and neck hurt :laugh:

#16 ·
Probably not, but I was heading to someones house to haul a trailer.. :thumbsup: I mean really, tell me how many people actually remove their hitch. And it sticks out no further then it would on a normal pickup- the only difference is I have a tire that I had to get past. That hitch is really on there for that reason. If I had it off, they hit me, caused damage.. then it'd be a whole different story.

There's no way a roll back could take out their head light, and manage to bust something to cause a leak. If it could, that's one hell of a roll back! Backed into, maybe, but the fact that I was stopped right in front of a guy holding a sign when he hit me..

#18 ·
I once worked as an exterminator and had to drive a Ranger all over Austin. I was always in a hurry to get from one house to the next. Once I was at a yield intersection with a Suburban in front of me. We were both watching the traffic on our left for our chance to enter the roadway. I saw him start to go so I looked over my left shoulder started to go and BAM I ran into his rear bumper. I was probably going 3 MPH. We both get out. The guy looks at his bumper I look at his bumper and there wasn't a scratch. He says "looks like no damage, don't worry about it" I said ok and got back in the truck and drove off. Never heard about it. My bumper was a little tweaked after I took a closer look but no one would ever notice unless they looked closely enough.
I wouldn't worry about this. Other than you posting all this info on the internet it would be your word against theirs and do the cops have the time to investigate a fender bender that both parties drove away from?

#19 ·
That is the way I see it. The people probably didn't even have insurance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.