My Jeep is too pretty to wheel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > My Jeep is too pretty to wheel

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-01-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
noselfcontrol

My Jeep is too pretty to wheel

I know some people are going to hate on me for this...but...I cannot fathom taking my Jeep out to get scratched to sh*t or start working some huge dents in it...

I bought a stock Jeep and within a month I went up 35's but still had the dana 35 rear end. I just put in an 8.8 and regeared so now I wouldnt be so worried about busting an axle or blowing gears...but after spending at least 10k in aftermarket stuff for my Jeep I am havin a hard time bringing myself to take it off the pavement...

Anyone else share these same sentiments or is it mostly poeple that feel "its a jeep and its ment to be wheeled and get messed up"

Unread 07-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Saltine
2004 TJ Wrangler 

/gasp Your forum name really doesn't suit you now...
Rocky Mountain Edition Club, Member #6
Saltine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #3
Tacoma750

what have you spent 10k on? And why did you do it if your not going to use it
Tacoma750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
thesherm
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma750
what have you spent 10k on? And why did you do it if your not going to use it
mods and bling?
Unfortunately you are one of those poor misguided folks that believes leaving the gear shift lever in one slot or another is an indication of control.

Come go for a ride and I'll be glad to demonstrate the difference between what you perceive incorrectly as "control" and what control actually is.

Pick a different reason because that one is both lame and stupid to perpetuate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Pardon me for damaging your precious reputation. It's not that I disagree, that would be a difference of opinion. This isn't subjective, it's objective, you are just wrong. If you make that statement, you are misguided. It is that simple.
thesherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #5
upsman105

Post a picture and we will decide if it is too pretty to get dirty.
upsman105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
FlaJeepin
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It's your wheels that you paid for so do what you want with them.
FlaJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
Loser1
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's kinda like training a dog and not letting him hunt..........

L1
Loser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #8
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by noselfcontrol
I know some people are going to hate on me for this...but...I cannot fathom taking my Jeep out to get scratched to sh*t or start working some huge dents in it...

I bought a stock Jeep and within a month I went up 35's but still had the dana 35 rear end. I just put in an 8.8 and regeared so now I wouldnt be so worried about busting an axle or blowing gears...but after spending at least 10k in aftermarket stuff for my Jeep I am havin a hard time bringing myself to take it off the pavement...

Anyone else share these same sentiments or is it mostly poeple that feel "its a jeep and its ment to be wheeled and get messed up"
Wheel smart, don't worry

Not everyone gets dents when 4wheeling. This happens very rarely so i wouldn't worry much about that. Scratches are another thing but nothing major. Buffing and waxing takes out scratches very easily. The 7th day after purching my tj, i had it covered in mud and both side windows severely scratched. I was pissed about the scratches but then again, the jeep is a jeep and it's made to play/work/explore so i put it through it's paces.

Some jeepers cherish their jeep and would do nothing to harm it. This is fine, and there's no reason to get bashed for it. Just because a vehicle is super-capable off road doesn't mean it HAS to be taken there. Buy what you want, do what you want with it. Don't let others pressure you. Just think of yourself as a wise man, taking very good care of what you just purchased. Some of us, like myself, don't care much about damaging or abusing what we spend our $$ on and some are the opposite. Everyone's different
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
jcd
2008 JK Wrangler 

You can certainly have a 'pretty' Jeep, but I can't see why it would keep you from wheeling it. As previously stated, not everyone beats their Jeep on the rocks everytime they go out. There's plenty of good wheeling out there that doesn't require much more than refilling the tank and giving it a bath afterwards, especially your neck of the woods. Of course you can and will do whatever you want, but I think you're missing out on one of the single coolest things of owning a Jeep - taking it to gorgeous destinations where normal vehicles can't go
Unread 07-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
96ExJay
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you do take it offroad, just check the conditions first...

[B]Gone: 1996 Cherokee Country 4x4, 4.0 HO[/B]
96ExJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #11
spyderbyte
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Since money apparently isn't the issue, I'd invest in some armor. Skid plates underneath, rocker and corner guards. H*ll, just get your entire Jeep line-xed. Then nothing will happen to it.

Seriously though, add some armor and take it offroad once. I got hooked, and mine's stock.

Spyderbyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys2004
Better to live with a little honor and class than die with a few extra greenbacks in your pocket.
spyderbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #12
miguelitojeep97

just curious to why you bought a jeep in the first place? Wheel it or sell it cuz no thinks a bling bling jeep is cool.

Also you can still wheel the crap out of your Jeep and still make it look clean!

just the other day some kind got out of his car and was on his hands and knees looking at my Jeep, I was like "hey buddy whats going on?" hes like "blah blah blah its nice to see someone that actually takes there Jeep offroad" I just laughed "thanks"
1997 TJ 4.0 5 spd. rock track 4:1, 3.5 inch Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k, D44/30 locked with 4:88s, Vanco BIG BRAKES!!and more...
miguelitojeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #13
phydeaux
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nobody says you have to. It's just nice to know that you can.
Empty
Every
Pocket
phydeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #14
Varnish
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TJRME
/gasp Your forum name really doesn't suit you now...

... unless it refers to his spending

I see where you're coming from, just be careful and it'll still cleanup good afterwards.
Varnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #15
kizer

Take it out and wheel responsibly. After your first small scratch it wont matter.

I remember getting my first couple and now when somebody says do you ever wheel it. I reply sure this is from Evans, this is from Tillamook, this one is from Virtue Flats oh yeah my favorite this is from Reiter Pit. This is from me falling into a ditch..

Good times. Its like stories that go where ever your Jeep goes. Since your not using your 8.8 you want my Super35.

As well if you dont wheel your Jeep just make sure its because you dont want to not that your scared too. Ride shotgun on a run with a buddy or a club and you will see there is nothing to be worried about unless of course your first run is some insane rock crawl.
kizer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.