My computer got a virus from wranglerforum.com - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > My computer got a virus from wranglerforum.com

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
socal_rubi

My computer got a virus from wranglerforum.com

I went to wranglerforum.com yesterday on my laptop, and I caught a nasty bug. And before I get flamed, yes I'm sure I got it there. 99.9% sure I was infected through thier adds. I had to spend my entire day reinstalling the OS on my laptop, just to be safe. Has anyone else experienced any problems with wranglerforum lately? I don't want to go back there for fear of catching it again. I did a google search on it, and saw a few threads related to issues people have had in the past, but I dare not read them, as they are threads on the forum.

socal_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

adblock plus

/thread
Unread 11-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Chrome seems to notify me of malicious intent on websites...
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure we had one of these threads a few months ago.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal_rubi View Post
I went to wranglerforum.com yesterday on my laptop, and I caught a nasty bug. And before I get flamed, yes I'm sure I got it there. 99.9% sure I was infected through thier adds. I had to spend my entire day reinstalling the OS on my laptop, just to be safe. Has anyone else experienced any problems with wranglerforum lately? I don't want to go back there for fear of catching it again. I did a google search on it, and saw a few threads related to issues people have had in the past, but I dare not read them, as they are threads on the forum.
Do you have ANY type of anti-virus/malware protection?

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620 View Post
Do you have ANY type of anti-virus/malware protection?
Also this.

Chrome by itself does an amazing job of not even letting me get to a website flagged for having malware. I also have the ad-block plus extension. Java is disabled by default. If somehow those 3 (free) things don't stop malware, I have AV software. AVG has a good free version.

And my 7 year old laptop can do a factory restore of XP AND install all the updates in a couple hours. Getting it back how I like it is a different story. When you're done, make a recovery CD to save all that work next time you have to do this.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
11B-33T
Grumpy vet

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
Also this.

Chrome by itself does an amazing job of not even letting me get to a website flagged for having malware. I also have the ad-block plus extension. Java is disabled by default. If somehow those 3 (free) things don't stop malware, I have AV software. AVG has a good free version.

And my 7 year old laptop can do a factory restore of XP AND install all the updates in a couple hours. Getting it back how I like it is a different story. When you're done, make a recovery CD to save all that work next time you have to do this.
bolded & underlined x infinity[9th power]
11B-33T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Don't need to restore lol go to your task manager look at the tasks running find the one that doesn't belong. Find in on your HD delete it. FYI hijackthis.com does all the finding for you. As for ads giving you a virus I highly doubt it unless you clicked it or clicked a run java popup. If you still feel scared dowlload sandboxxie use it as a browser
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.