My 2013 YK Rubicon leaks...help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > My 2013 YK Rubicon leaks...help

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
fftbanks
2013 JK Wrangler 

My 2013 YK Rubicon leaks...help

My brand new 2013 unlimited Rubicon leaks. The service manager says it is probably the freedom top but when I washed it I looked but did not see anything. The water is on Driver side . Are there any issues that y'all know of? Any help would be great. Thanks

fftbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Mine has been back to the dealer 7-8 times, it still leaks. The best you can do, is take the carpet out, and wait til it rains, that way YOU can trace it. These guys try to diagnose it by running it under a garden hose, it's just not the same. Mine leaked from the firewall behind the pedals and same area on the passenger side. Still have the passenger side leak. I even took it to another dealer for a fresh set of eyes. I think it is just beyond the skillset of anyone at a dealer. Design flaw somewhere. I wish I had noticed it leaking early enough in my ownership to have given it back under lemon law.
montero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by fftbanks View Post
My brand new 2013 unlimited Rubicon leaks. The service manager says it is probably the freedom top but when I washed it I looked but did not see anything. The water is on Driver side . Are there any issues that y'all know of? Any help would be great. Thanks
The dealer has access to very specific directions on how to diagnose/repair water leaks. If you have a leak in your Wrangler, the dealer should be able to fix it under warranty. They can contact Chrysler, if necessary, for assistance.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

YK huh?
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #5
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post

The dealer has access to very specific directions on how to diagnose/repair water leaks. If you have a leak in your Wrangler, the dealer should be able to fix it under warranty. They can contact Chrysler, if necessary, for assistance.
Took my wifes 12 jk in for the same leak on the soft top,it pours in in the corner of the top on the drivers side. The dealer ran a hose on it or what they said was hours and couldn't find a leak,but the last rain storm it was once again pouring inside I even bowed them where the leak was coming from,they don't seem to give a rats ***.
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
YK huh?
4 door wrangler with leafs, duh

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.