Most Influential Book(s) You've Read - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Most Influential Book(s) You've Read

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:03 AM   #31
tjwoo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

tuesdays with morrie

tjwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 03:21 AM   #32
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

"Islands in the Stream" - Hemingway

And anything by Cormac McCarthy - most recently, "The Road". Excellent read.

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #33
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

A Child Called "It", The Lost Boy, A Man Named Dave.
By Dave Pelzer http://www.davepelzer.com/
Unread 01-03-2008, 03:55 AM   #34
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99
mecompco's's signature

Electronics: Remote start/locks, Pioneer DEH-P7800MP w/XM, Polk Audio speakers, Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS, Cobra 148 GTL P&T w/Wilson 1000.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:47 AM   #35
domdan69

Narcotics Anonymus 3rd edition revised

Anarchists Cookbook
93 YJ I6 4.0 custom welded aluminum front fender, herculined , 33" 12.50 15x8 BDS 2" suspension, M.O.R.E. Boomerang shackles, Teraflex disco's, Flattened and hacked out wells, electric fan to replace stock fan.WARNx8000i,high-lift jack,relocated mirrors
domdan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 06:19 AM   #36
NOVATJ
1996 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
Ok, I'll be the serious one here... Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. That single book made more of an impact of how I approached my life and career than 100 of any other books I have read.
That's what I was thinking when I saw this thread. I pick it up every year or 2 and read through it. I have also been through one of the seminars.

"Remember that a person's name, to that person, is the sweetest and most important sound in any language."

Timeless

1997 TJ SE - 2.25" Budget Boost, Hydros, 31" Sigma Stampedes
NOVATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #37
HolidayJeep
Want pie now.

2001 TJ Wrangler 

The Iliad and the Odyssey by Homer (read in Latin)
Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
Dune series by Frank Herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapahoe
Not to brag, I was the valid victorian my senior year. Best and the brightest of the bottom of the barrel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle
thunderspork
HolidayJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #38
Beefstew
Jub Jub

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99
Scroll up to post #10 in this thread. Look at the size of his sig!! It's a book! get it? get it? huh?
i got it...

but im pretty sure it should be mecompcos' signature...

not mecompco's's sig...

ya get it???
Beefstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #39
Haik
supaJEEP

2001 TJ Wrangler 

"The Game", by Neil Strauss.

Really simplified a world I thought was far too complex for me to figure out. Highly recommended for anyone having a rough go at relationships.

-SOLD- White Jeep Club Member #8675309

Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm Lift Kit - Advance Adapters SYE w/ Custom driveshaft
35" SuperSwamper Boggers - SMF rear bumper w/ swingout tire carrier
Cobra 75 WX ST - Firestick II 5' - PIAA 520 - PIAA 525 - 488 Gears - Detroit Locker
SMF front
bumper w/ bull bar - Warn 9500ti winch
Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #40
Dr. Righteous
1994 ZJ 

It warms my heart to see that several said The Bible and also books by CS Lewis.
'04 Durango Limited (the wife mobile)
'72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus (Resto MoPar)
Dr. Righteous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #41
75SV1

'Winning Through Intimidation" by Alan Wringer. Basically, three types of people. Want to treat you fair, tell you they will treat you fair but know they won't and third (the most honest) tell you they will cheat you. All will try and cheat you. Nothing matters in a billion years the sun will go super Nova and everthing burn to a crisp. Nothing you will do can change that.
'Mein Kampf' and '1984' I could get through. Although I think there was some insightfull views in 'Mein Kampf'. Basically, the one about a worker getting disalusioned about getting laid off many times.
You can usually find what you want in the Bible. I think the old testament is a historical document, though written from an Jewish point of view. I was watching a PBS show 'Traveling Through the Bible Lands' or something like that. The part where the Jews are about to go into Canin (Palistine) but are afraid. They go back to the desert for two generations. Then they don't have a slave mentality and invade Cannin.
"Winning Friends etc' wasn't that influentail to me. Still a good read. Szu Tzu 'The Art of War' is pretty good, if you can convert the Eastern thought process to a Western view point. Might also try 'The Prince' by Machavelli. Trying to think of others. Mainly diet and exercise books though.
Tom
75SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #42
Heyduke
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Never read "How to win friends and influence people", I may have to look into this. My first and formost book is "The Monkeywrench Gang" by Edward Abbey. This book is the reason I own a Jeep....Heyduke Lives!. "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff shows me why my Jeep is but the uncarved block. "Wildwood Wisdom" by Ellsworth Jaeger gives me the tools to spend my time in the great outdoors with my uncarved block. There are many others but these stand out the most for me.

Last edited by Heyduke; 01-03-2008 at 12:49 PM..
Heyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #43
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Motley Crue - The Dirt...

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].

Last edited by VICTIM_OF_PAIN; 01-04-2008 at 07:36 AM..
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #44
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

"Safely Rest" by David P. Colley - It totally changed my outlook on war. Particularly WW2. It is hard for a parent to read but worth it.
Unread 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #45
kingkawi

'How to Win Friends and Influence People' is definitley a geat book! One of my favorittes.... Someone else mentioned 'the game' which is also a very eye opening book for those guys who have trouble with the ladies. the latest book I've read is 'Tricks of the Mind' by derren brown, its great for anyone who wants to know about how people think and why they think that way, also very entertaining. I'm no s sure yu can get it in the U.S. though.. I had to get it on ebay but it was definitley worth it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.