More France bashing - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > More France bashing

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 02-23-2003, 03:48 PM   #16
MudLover

If the French have a problem with us once we go to war with Iraq... why don't they fight with the Iraqis? I mean, come one, put your money where your mouth is for God's sake. The won't HELP either side, so their opinion counts for, well... nothing. Besides, the French never could fight a good war in the desert...the heat would cause damage to their pretty hair and soft skin. LOL

Marc

[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
MudLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2003, 08:44 PM   #17
Regis Dean

Funny thing, French, Germans, and Belgians, being against war. Perhaps it is because they have seen their homelands devastated by the same. War is a terrible thing. For every barstool veteran that talks about kicking some Iraqi ***, there are five more who will have nightmares and struggle with alcohol and substance abuse after the war. I have been to Iraq before and would gladly go again if they had a missile system capable of hitting the USA, if they were unequivically linked to support of Al Quaida attacks, or if the containment policy that fell the USSR proved not to work. Most war hawks have never been there. There is noone who loves peace as a soldier. I certainly do not want my sons to finish the job that we did not finish in 1991. I agree with the brinksmanship displayed by the Bush Gov't to this point. In order for the demands of the international community to be taken seriously by Iraq, a big stick must be brandished and the Iraqis must blink. I seriously hope we do not go to war, but focus our strength on keeping the USA safe and making our children among the best educated in the world. If we go to war, Bless our soldiers, and hope they kick *** quick.
Regis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2003, 08:48 PM   #18
Regis Dean

By the way, I am certainly NOT defending the French position.
Regis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 08:22 AM   #19
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

maine-yj: yes relayingon the maginot line was in the early 40 a very poor strategic dission, but this changes nothing on the fack that the regulare french( and dutch and belgian) footsoldier fought brave and hard for thier cause. anyone with any knowledge on the ww2 history must aknowledge the actions of the french resistance, the free french army under legaule, the actions of the french, dutch and belgians in the RAF in the battle of britan and later the invasion. its not because we where invaded twise that we are cowards.
oh and the french know al bout terrorism: in the independance strugle of algeria there where so many plasic bombings that the gaza-stip looked like disneyland copared to france. and ireland is just 3 hours away form paris/brussels away to....
mudlover: i think the US army could learn a thing are two about dessert warfare. the Légion Étrangère/stangers legion? remember them? the sahara dessert is there training ground...

Now in the soccer mum class. Missing the YJ, but the KJ isn't bad...for now.
black jeepclub #35
MugZy_YJ_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 08:29 AM   #20
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

i forgot: i'm realy not anti -amercan... what would i be looking for in here then?.....
its just that i have some big questionmarks on the motives for this war, as there is to this point no hard evidence of WDM or al-qaida links.

black jeepclub #35

Last edited by MugZy_YJ_94; 02-24-2003 at 08:49 AM..
Unread 02-24-2003, 03:11 PM   #21
Maine-yj

MugZy_YJ_94,

You have a very strong point and I apologize about not knowing that France has had terrorism running through her streets. I never criticisized the French resistance, they were fearless and incredibly brave. Knowing that if they were ever caught their life would surely end. They played a significant role in turning the tide of the war, along with the French troops that did make it off of Dunkirk and into England. I was never crititical of France itself, the government made a large error in relying on the Maginot line, but respect must be paid to Germany. With their Blitzkrieg tactics and awesome weaponry they rushed right to the English channel and withing a few short months had full control of Europe. Had Germany initiated Operation Sealion I have doubts that Great Britain would have been able to succesfully repel a Nazi invasion of their homeland. Any country who has been through such hardships from enduring multiple wars, should have an opinion about a U.N. involvment with Iraq. But like France I am entitled to an opinion and if Iraq does have weapons of mass destruction and he is aiding terrorists, I feel it is in the best interest of this PLANET to remove him from power and destroy all terroristic weaponry. I am so pleased to be able to share historic events with another Jeeper. Whatever happens in the near future i do pray for a quick resolution and then a lasting peace.
9000lb superwinch, Magnaflow catback
D44 rear with Electrac and TruTrac up front
Jeep Score: 235
Maine-yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 03:39 PM   #22
chaZo

I heard that the French Tanks have six gears. Five in Reverse, and One Forward (in case they're attacked from behind)
Smitty Rocker Guards
Bushwacker Pocket Style 6" Flares
Autoxray Scanner (OBDII)
ConFerr 4X5 Roof Rack
chaZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 06:05 PM   #23
habman

Korea, Iran, Syria, Jordan, China, Saudia Arabia, England, France, Germany, Japan, Pakistan... the list goes on and on, all have WMD's.

Why are we not going to war with Korea or Saudia Arabia, most of the 9/11 terrorists came from there? What will be the end result of fighting Iraq? Remember we are the ones that supported Sadam for years.

Don't get me wrong the French government are a self-centered lot, and the Germans have been selling weapons to Iraq for years.

This whole thing with Iraq is a freaking shell game, they have us focusing on Iraq while they erode OUR rights! And once we win in Iraq how long are we going to have to stay there? We've got 50 years in Korea, and that situation is still an issue!

Saudia Arabia is a dictatorship and ruled by one family, why are we not raking their butts over the coals for their citizens attack on out country? Because if we do it, the fanitics will overthrow them, and it will become the next fundamentalist country in the Middle East, a full fledged war in Iraq will be a VERY bad thing for years to come.

Once the body bags start flowing into Dover AFB support will evaporate, since people think that this wil be another Desert Storm, over in 3 days with little cost in US lives. Well this will not be Desert Storm II it will be a totally different beast all together.

During Desert Storm we never tried to enter Iraqi cities, and fighting in a city is a whole different game than in the middle of a stinking desert! House to house fighting is brutal, and it must be done. It seems that everybody thinks that Sadam's troops are going to all be out in the desert waiting you us to drop ourbombs on them. This will not be the case. Sadam's is evil, not stupid! He learned a lot the last time around, and will not make the same mistakes again.

What we should be doing is putting a bounty on Sadam's head, $1 billion dead or $2 billion alive, that will produce results and quickly too. He will be able to trust no one!

It is a no win situation for us, and we will be dealing with the effects for years. But we do need to remember the once we do put our people in harms way, it is all of our duty to support them, and make sure that the politicians that put them in, allow them to win, no politics, no freaking whining. They are going to be there to do a job, so they better let them.

At the risk of raising the hackles of my southern brothers, I come from the W. T. Sherman school of war, Total War, but we are not ready to do what it takes, and even if we were, we'd never be able to leave, so we should not start something we do not have the will to finish.

Check out http://www.truthaboutwar.org/ for some interesting info.

HABMAN

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --
Benjamin Franklin, "Historical Review of Pennsylvania," 1759.
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #0

1977 CJ-7 with all stainless hardware, fittings. hoses and lines.
Glass body in fresh Imron Medium Royal Plum Purple with bright freaking yellow interior.
New Tuffy Stereo Security Console
New BesTop Supertop
Full 8 point cage with frame ties.
33 X 12.50 Yokohama AT + II, I dumped my FRENCH made BFG's
400cid Chevy SB and 350 Turbo trans
All fresh from an off frame resto summer of 02, but is it ever really finished?
habman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 07:48 PM   #24
SeaBee
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, we have a little fun French bashing, but we also bash ouselves so lighten up. If push comes to shove the Europeans know that the US has got their backs. We just want a little support for, what we believe, is a worthy cause. No, our country is not perfect, but all and all we usually have good intentions. People say that we are attacking for oil? How do they know this. Does anyone really believe that our intentions are to take over all of the oil and keep it for ourselves. COME ON!!! What other country spends their own money to rebuild countries that it has defeated in wars? How much money do we give away every year? We even restarted food shipments to N korea after they've been wagging their collective fingers to the world. If that country didn't spend such a disappropriate amount of money on their army, maybe they could feed thier own damn selves. We also put up with other countries extorting us for military bases in their countries that aid in their own defenses (see Turkey for example). Sadaam is a menace to the free world. Europe is wanting more time. The man has had 11 yrs to comply and still has not. He has neglected food and medicine for his own people to satisfy his needs. If he has or gets WOMD, at the least, he will sell them to the highest bidding terrorist. He has used them on his own people and Iran. Also, has everybody forgotten that he was behind a plot to assasinate a President? What would other nations have done if the shoe was on the other foot there?

I'm a reservist, I was active during Desert Storm and it looks pretty likely I'll be going within the next month (half of my unit's already gone). This will really mess me up. My whole semester of classes will probably be for nothing. But if my little girl can go to sleep at night without having to worry about crazy bastards with bombs, then I guess it's worth it.

BTW, knock the US all you want, but we invented JEEPS!!!
Unread 02-24-2003, 08:03 PM   #25
habman

SeaBee,

I truely hope you don't have to go, but if you do, Godspeed and come back in one peice.

HABMAN
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #0

1977 CJ-7 with all stainless hardware, fittings. hoses and lines.
Glass body in fresh Imron Medium Royal Plum Purple with bright freaking yellow interior.
New Tuffy Stereo Security Console
New BesTop Supertop
Full 8 point cage with frame ties.
33 X 12.50 Yokohama AT + II, I dumped my FRENCH made BFG's
400cid Chevy SB and 350 Turbo trans
All fresh from an off frame resto summer of 02, but is it ever really finished?
habman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 11:10 AM   #26
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

maine-yj

now thats a post i can agree with

black jeepclub #35

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.