Moral Dilema - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Moral Dilema

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 01-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #16
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks Guys, after sleeping on it, I've decided to hell with unemployment, I've never asked for or received a penny from any kind of unemployment agency and this will be a good lesson for the boy. I will be chatting with my cop buddies in the near future. very kind of you all to respond

Unread 01-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #17
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just so you guys know, the BBB is NOT a govt. agency, they are just a group of self promoters, if a business pays its dues they are in good standing (that's how they get the little plaque to hang in the office). Their logo looks official, and there is a huge public misconception, that this 'agency' has any legal weight.

To the OP, I applaud your sons decision, but like others have said the fight might just cost too much.

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #18
mgramann
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The BBB can be pretty useless sometimes.

Definitely talk to your cop buddies. If nothing else, maybe they will execute a search warrant on the premises, or at least persuade the management to allow a drug dog walkthrough...
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #19
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Many years ago my friend was a bank teller and quit because of drug dealing at the branch by the manager. The main office and the law did not seem to have any interest in looking into it and it became a big headache for her. I would probably tell the cops then forget it.

and as mentioned the BBB is useless.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #20
Keith
Admin

There is a telemarketing place here in town. If you can't pass a drug test then you get a job there. I wouldn't waste my time, they are probably all the same.

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #21
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

i agree keith, and when ive been inside of it working on a/c stuff the people there look shady as crap. a job with a bunch of snotty nosed college kids crammed in a room together with isnt something i would want to do for a living and your son obviously sees it as well and is better than that. and you obviously set a great moral example for him. on being a good dad.
JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #22
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the support, life's too short to waste any more time on this matter, I'm going home from work shortly, and hug my son! Nuff said
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #23
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

I'm gonna go call my dad!!!

http://thesportsaffiliate.com/wp-con...0907-ufc88.gif
Big_Fisch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #24
Rob99
You come back...one year!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
I'm tossing this out there for opinions and maybe some outhouse lawyer advice.
My son recently quit his job, not a great job, but it was a paycheck.
The supervisor, basically told him to "take" sales away from the original seller and put it in his name, if the buyer called back with a question.
My son would not do this and things got uneasy at work, and on top of all this, He informed me that this place is a drug infested workplace. It seems as long as the sales are kept going, nobody cares.
Well my son cares and told me he couldn't work there anymore, I supported that decision.
Now the un-employment office turned down his claim, even though there is a section in the code citing moral issues.
I'm proud that my son stood up for his morals,the question is: should I help him pursue this matter, or take our lumps and move on....any thoughts?

Appeal the decision. Not sure how the law works there but in Canada, any unemployment decision is appealable before a board of referees who are independant from the UI people. He'll be given an appeal date and be able to plead his case. Normally quitting a job does not entitle you to benefits but if you have valid reasons for quitting, you can be eligible.
Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #25
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, yes we can appeal, no we aren't going to. I kinda think it goes against my grain or something to fight for unemployment. Screw 'em we don't need it, and there's probably somebody out there that really does, maybe they'll get theirs.
Unread 01-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #26
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well he quite so I don't think that would hold up to well for unemployment. I don't know how much he was making, how old he is, how long he was working there, but it's probably not worth the stress of trying to fight it.

I wouldn't narc on the employees either. I don't know what kind of business it is, but they're just trying to get a paycheck, just like your sonl. It doesn't sound like their bothering you or your son, so why make life harder for them?

I'd buy a 6 pack, some cheese curls and split it with your son over fishing or football or something. Everything comes full circle.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #27
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm thinking Corona, and some Stevie Ray Vaughan really loud!
Unread 01-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #28
CJATE

if I were your son, and really cared, i'd write a letter to some random company and talk about the drugs and steeling of sales. I'd probably start with dish network and Att to name a few...
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #29
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

An anonymous muckraker? Nah, that be allowing my son to be drug down to that level. Initially, it ticked us off, not so much now. If there are any good people working there, I don't want to screw them.
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #30
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Thanks, yes we can appeal, no we aren't going to. I kinda think it goes against my grain or something to fight for unemployment. Screw 'em we don't need it, and there's probably somebody out there that really does, maybe they'll get theirs.
HE should appeal the unemployment. It is an insurance that is paid to assist the unemployed while they are looking for a job and everyone is entitled. If your son wins then he has won out over the company and their crappy methods. Also down the road at a job interview your son will be able to explain why he quit, and be able to back up his decision by the fact that the company tried to withhold his unemployment and upon appeal lost due to how they were doing him.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.