Money? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Money?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 05-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
MidnightRider
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Money?

Alrighty lets hear about the fastest way you made money.
List the story(what you did), how much you got, and what you used it for.

I'll start. one day me and my friends were fishing and talking about man vs. wild and how he ate the raw fish that he caught. I was dared to take a bite out of a raw brim I had just caught for $20 so I tore into that thing and swallowed a big ol' chunk of it. Later that weekend I used that money to but new Spark plugs for my XJ, it was well worth it.

Unread 05-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
SpeedyCat3
Survivor

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMan17 View Post
Alrighty lets hear about the fastest way you made money.
List the story(what you did), how much you got, and what you used it for.

I'll start. one day me and my friends were fishing and talking about man vs. wild and how he ate the raw fish that he caught. I was dared to take a bite out of a raw brim I had just caught for $20 so I tore into that thing and swallowed a big ol' chunk of it. Later that weekend I used that money to but new Spark plugs for my XJ, it was well worth it.
I take it the bold part is what makes this thread tech?
[] ---o-[]

My 97 ZJ Build
SpeedyCat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

ok, i got one, i havent dont it yet, but plan on it.

if i drink 1 gallon of milk within 1 hour and dont vomit for an hour after, i get 5k... if i dont do it and puke, i ship out for boot camp at the end of this month.

the 5K will go into winch, bumper, steering upgrades, possibly long arms...o, and pay off my credit card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
SouthSeaPirate

Bought a mid-size station wagon (Chevy Celebrity), and a mini-van (Plymouth) for $50. Both of them were completely detroyed. Sold them to a scrap yard; $287 for car and $366 for van

Spent most of it on gas (vacation)...

Found $100 at AZ, spent it on the Camaro which is why I was there in the first place...

And just recently bought an 89 XJ for $300...

Last edited by SouthSeaPirate; 05-19-2008 at 11:28 PM..
SouthSeaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:11 PM   #5
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

A chick at my school sold me a drum machine for 3 dollars.

Sold it on craigslist for 85. (Only cause she said she was going to break it instead. )

Bought a new cymbal, and got a free one from a special deal at guitar center.

Thats was a good day.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
justinwalden

i found a quarter once
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #7
justinwalden

oh hahaha i babysit my neighbors 11 year old for $10 an hour. most of the time i fall asleep and wake up and hes ordered a pizza then his mom comes home and gives me $50 dollars for 3.5 hours.

every day all summer!!!
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:16 PM   #8
Oizarod115

I sold my cherokee for $900.
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #9
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Pulled some joker out the mud "side of the road" once and he gave me all the money in his wallet which was if I am not mistaken 13 dollars haha
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:19 PM   #10
HWY12XJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
ok, i got one, i havent dont it yet, but plan on it.

if i drink 1 gallon of milk within 1 hour and dont vomit for an hour after, i get 5k... if i dont do it and puke, i ship out for boot camp at the end of this month.

the 5K will go into winch, bumper, steering upgrades, possibly long arms...o, and pay off my credit card.
You'll puke. Don't get your hopes up. It's physically impossible.
[SIZE="1"][u]Updated 5/11/08[/u]
[/size]
HWY12XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #11
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I bought my 89 for $725 put wheels on it(Cragars like $170) and cleaned it up and called it a day. Sold 3 weeks ago for $1700.

Oh and I found $100 dollar bill in the mud once. Bought a Gameboy(I was 12) and it fell out of the back of the van on vaca and I didn't know it. Karma I guess IDK....
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:36 PM   #12
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

At 17, I wrecked my 1970 Mercury Cyclone 429SCJ/4 speed drag pack car. I paid 2K for that rust bucket, hammered it to death and parted it out. Pocketed almost 3K on top of the purchase price. I thought I got over on the world.
- Then saw the same car on Barret-Jackson go for almost 100K 20 years later.

20, I quit a good job with benefits and retirement making "only" 9.50 an hour. I took a job making 27.25 working for a friend "under the table"..........with no benefits, no insurance, no social security, etc.
- I got hurt on the job (after not recieving a paycheck for several weeks) when the business folded, I recieved no money, and paid for a broken ankle out of my own pocket, draining my savings account. Footnote, I would have retired this year with full benefits from the first that I'd job I quit and would have had a full life of fun and fishing ahead of me. Instead, I work.

24, I went in the Marine Corps to learn some job skills, see the world and get an education. After my first enlistment, I decided I liked it, and I stayed for 9 more years. At 13 years, I got out of the USMC at a high rank with only 7 years until retirement, so I could go work as a civilian in Iraq and make 120K tax-free in under a year's time.
- Instead, I find out my job skill is no longer needed in Iraq, and that competition for jobs there is super fierce. I am still pumping resumes over there monthly, but no dice.
-In search of a quick buck, I dicked myself out of a good retirement, good benefits, and a job I actually liked. Now I cant get back in the USMC without starting at the bottom again. Funk that. No 120K Iraq job, no military retirement and bennies, nothing.

Moral of the story? The quick buck is always there for the taking, but the BIG BUCKS takes a plan, foresight, perserverance and ..........common sense.

P.S. Moderators must be busy moving tire selection threads and answering the daily "What size tire can I fit without a lift?/ how do you like my new cragar soft-8's?" questions to have not seen THIS particular thread. You can bet your buttocks that this will dissappear into the "general discussion" forum as quickly as my retirement dissappeared once they see it.

Last edited by 4.0H.O.XJ; 05-19-2008 at 11:54 PM..
4.0H.O.XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:44 PM   #13
peeweeXJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Got job at underground platinum mine. Bonuses are more than most peoples checks.
peeweeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:44 PM   #14
That1guy
2007 WK 

I got some change out of the fountain. Yeah, you wish you were that cool
Unread 05-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #15
jeeper01

I work... and work. And on occasions work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.